• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 thanks for all your help. Glad you got the freezers stocked, I love some wild meat for the BBQ.

Can't wait to sample my own bud and see what the end product is like. Some one has a saying "it's all bullshit till you smoke it". Cut and trimmed a couple buds to dry faster.

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a tester bud drying from last week as I wanted to practice the curing so I don't wreck my harvest.

Just as well cause I had it in the mason jar and didn't burp it long enough and it went mouldy yesterday. It's no loss as it was picked from low down and smelled if cut grass but now I will have my jars on 24 hour timers to check and burp regular enough
      Last edited by Peebz; 01-22-2019, 06:43 AM.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing like fresh venison tenderloins -backstraps.
      Peebz you need to read up on drying in big brown grocery bags, it's the only way, imo.
      Very easy to do ,they come out perfect. Lots better than hanging ,imo.
      But everyone has got there own way of doing things, lol
      Great job with your crops, you can't go wrong by following Nebulas and Sirius advice.on how to grow.

In to check on my LSD and harvest tonight.

Decided to scrog the LSD to give me better anchor points to spread her out .looking much better all ready. Also cut most of the lower bud sites off, nothing to drastic as Ill do more after she finished stretching.my tent is 800x800 so really happy Iv almost managed to fill the space my first time training

Harvest tent is nice and happy., Put my small dehumidifier in the tent as humidity had crept up to 70% but all good now and 60%.
    Last edited by Peebz; 01-26-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 thanks as always for the kind words of encouragement. 2nd week into flower and I'm super happy she got all the room she needs.

Really cold across here right now and struggling to keep my temps above 17°c.

Got my next trip to Amsterdam booked so now IV to work out how I'm going to work that and not come home to a disaster. Can't wait to sample some top class weed though.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      That`s a nice setup you`ve got going there Peebz and LSD will love that. Gonna be fun to watch this run, mate. Looking good

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz my money says, your weed will be just as good, if not better,
      Have a nice trip.

So I have one jar finished up cured after 15 days and it's come out the jar at 1.15oz, this was roughly one plant. I have a further 2 and half jars still curing. So really hoping for my 1oz a plant average after 1st cure.
    ​​​​​​
    Unfortunately I have cocked up the cure imo and they have dried to fast. The jar I have is a bit crispy and crumbly for my liking. The jars I have curing at the moment I can hopefully do better with. I know where I went wrong, just getting used to the temps in my house for it.

Iv added a couple photos of what I got so far and a couple of nice looking buds out the jar. One of my plants must of caught some cold air whilst growing as it has got a real deep purple tinge in the buds which looks super awesome. The smell has come out nicely after the cure though. Barney's auto desiel certainly smells like desiel, terpy, berry, chemically smell. Really awesome

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz Yeah, they`re nice mate and a great start. I`d be well chuffed if I was you

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks muchly guys! Learned so much in my first few months thanks to you guys, GWE, Nebula and the best education the modern day can ask for...
      Youtube 😂

Yeh super happy with my first attempt, it smokes and tastes really good compared to the shit on the street so it's all good. Not very dence bud but to pull 3oz of smokable dank I'm chuffed with that. Hopefully pull close to the same from the single trained plant I have now.

Now to get this organic grow started next month with a new strain inspired by my trip to Amsterdam.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz, your gonna love the living soil grow ,I promise you
      Super easy just water an molasses ,just make sure you got your soil right, and ready, if you see red wigglers. In it its ready, Just keep stirring it up real good. You soil will even smell sweet. Rich as 2foot up a hogs ass ,very fertile. Lol
      GoodLuck
      HappyGrowing, Mate

I would say all my jars are done with first cure. 12 days in drying tent and almost a week in the jars. So I took my final weights of everything,

5.6OZ and 1.1OZ of trim.

Now I would class ALL my bud as Larfy as it wasn't good enough for dence bud so I trimmed and jarred pretty much everything I took off the plants.

Smell and taste have developed in the jars and the faint cut grass smell is gone. All jars now sitting at 55% ready for storage and of course, smokage!!!!

Couple photo's of my LSD, she been suffering with the cold the last couple days. Dropping to 15°c in my room. But apart from that she looking good. Nice buds starting to form and lots of pistils.

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich yeh buddy it's been a bit of a nightmare controlling the temps in my room. I have a room inside a room that has my tent in it and try to maintain 20°C+ but there temps have had me down at 13-14 a couple times which she shown on the plant.

I now understand the heavy purpelling on one of my harvested plant. Must of been getting cold air blown on it and may explain the added amount of trichome production based had in the final few weeks.

Yeh Britain is always a nightmare when it snows. To many fairy's on the road and people scare buying cause heaven forbid you run out of milk. I was up walking in the hills yesterday with my wife and dog and the snow was up to my knees.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz Ah mate, what dog have you got? I love dogs. Up to your knees? Jesus, it ground to a halt here at 5 cm`s I reckon. We`d be screwed if we had a prolonged snow snap and your weather would cause havoc. Do like snow and walking in it

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      It even snowed at our house 2days ago. For about 3hours, wasn't cold enough to stick though, it was 75degrees, the next day,lol

Went in for another watering and gave the LSD her first big defol tonight. Mostly took fan leaves off, couple bud sites but I'm just not sure what's best to remove and what's going to produce some decent bud so I'll play this one slow and not be to rough

After a pile of snipping I got her opened up and each big cola pretty much has a square to themselves so I have decent spacing and air flow for. One more big defol and bud removal in a week or so once I see what see wants to do.

Got the temp sorted for now, hopefully the power stays on now. Donkeys at the power station must of ran out of carrots! But she looking good for almost 3 weeks from flip.

Starting to get that pheno coming through. Crazy how different it is from last strain. This one is earthy/musky from the previous sweet/ chemical deisel.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz, Great job Mate. She is going to be a beast of a plant, gonna fill your tent slap full
      Bunch of ozs, coming from her at harvest time. You got it down mate ,quickly !!
      You can't go wrong by listening to Nebulas an Sirius advice.
      What you growing next?

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 thanks buddy. She had a long time in veg so it's not exactly been the fastest grow.

Not sure going to order seeds next week and start to germinate something. Iv got another trip to Amsterdam booked in a month so I want to grow something IV tried and enjoyed over there so I can get a comparison.

Hope all is well D

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz Doing fine thanks for asking, Mate.
      I know whatever you choose, you will do a great job. A great hobby ain't it ? Almost as much fun as when I was about 15years old,
      Have fun at the Dam,
      Cheers

Well Jesus F Christ! Went in last night and she has most definitely spring back from the big defol. Was supposed to feed last night but decided to just give her molasis and feed in 2 days.

Any of my deficiencies appeare to be cleared up and hopefully set up good to fatten these buds up. Anything smalls buds or leaves under the first scrog will be cut defoliated on the weekend and hopefully get another burst from her. 3 weeks in 5-6 to go.

I'm really not sure where or how heavy she could get so I have a 2nd trelace made up just in case. Stalk is looking big to!

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      The lord's grace doesn't darken my doorway to often so I'm taking credit for this one pagan 😉

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz, beautiful plant, dude.
      I'll take all the grace I can get,
      Keep up the great job.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey up @Peebz-how are you going mate? I was wondering what strains you`ve been thinking of growing after LSD generally? Hope you`re ok mate

Another feeding tonight. Plant is looking good, starting to get lots of nice bud sites.

​​​​gave her a big defol to open up the lower sites and moved some colas about for better light. The top of my soil has been getting a crust on the top as it's drying out quicker so I just dumped all my cuttings on the top

Took a couple before and after photos.

​​​​

Comment

Made a few changes to my grow space this week. Moved my tent around behind the door and purchased another tent 120cmx60cmc150cm height for a veg space. I have everything now to out together a working veg space.

I ordered some gorilla skittlez and a free cookies OG from Barney's which I'll germ as soon as they arrive.

After a week since the last defol the LSD is had just went full bush on me again and needed another clear out to open her up a bit. After sorting the temperatures and keeping it above 20°c has been tough but the plant is looking mega happy right now.

First 2 photos are from before I touched her
      And the rest are after I defold her

Edit photos are all mixed up .think that last 2 photos are the befores
      Last edited by Peebz; 02-16-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking very nice mate

Knew the smooth sailing wasn't to last and my rookie experience has shown through again .

So a few days ago I spotted her leaves were wilting and was either under watering and over watering. Since I hadn't watered in a few days and she felt a bit light I watered her and pretty much perked up the next day.

But over the last few days she has been showing signs of damage and couldn't work out what it was and didn't take into account the sudden increase of temperature outside.

Checked my temps and for the last 3 days at some point during the day it's been hitting temps of 33°c. How severe is this guys?

​​​​​​

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Peebz Sounds like you`ve jumped quickly on top of this mate but I would advocate if you haven`t got something already in place a small, discreet fan bringing in outside air, low and close to the floor that will help keep the temps down further in anticipation of warmer, regular temps in Summer. They reckon this is going to be another hot one this year. She seems fine with the water uptake doesn`t she so I would imagine she will bounce back fairly readily. The leaves may confuse as the damage has been done but lower leaves will indicate whether this problem has been addressed or not but I reckon you`re well on top of this and as long as she`s drinking well and steady, temps are adjusted where possible and no further damage to other leaves occurs cos of this, you`ve sorted it. Good stuff mate. Steep learning curve, isn`t it Had hair when I started this, bald as a coot now
        Last edited by PaganRich; 02-23-2019, 04:21 AM.

• Peebz
        Peebz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again PaganRich, your first reply helped me asses some options and not act to hasetily.

Just didn't anticipate that sudden change of temperature. IV bought some temperature controlled sockets to activate an ancillary exhaust fan to speed up exhausting hot air and another socket for an induction fan for to help get fresh cool air in.

With the addition of my veg tent to my space, this will considerably increase my temps so these sockets will help me control it better. At least I know I need to keep my tents between 20°c and 25°C. Anything above or below starts causing issues.

My phone has a symbol on the one of the keyboards for the degrees ° 👌

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you`ve really got a good angle on this mate. Well done. Quick recovery action . Another `issue` to tick off on your skills knowledge. The amount of stress and panic growing weed can induce is quite mind boggling. We need to smoke just to chill from that alone

Comment

Hey all. Not posted up in a few weeks. Was away on a bit of business then had 5 days in Amsterdam. Thankfully I had someone on standby to water my plant.

The LSD is powering on and almost finished, just finished week 8 of flower so maybe 2 more weeks left I also started the flush this week. Had no issues with this lady at all apart from the heating problems i could of prevented. But she seemed to bounce back okay.

The smell is really potent now! Caught memoff gaurd a bit when I came back from Amsterdam. All though she is quite leafy, hopefully I can rectify this next time round with another led light in there to boost the light.

I bought some Tangerine G13 seeds in Amsterdam whilst I was there. these were going to be for my next grow but since my Cali seeds didn't come in time I decided to go with the the tangy first. I also had an 8 ball kush free seed I threw in as well. So 2x tangy G13 and 1x 8 ball kush.

I got my grow room re organised and got my 2nd smaller veg tent working with my first LED I had spare. Next step is to get better control of my temps and humidity.

Comment

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely mate, really nice

Now entering week 9 I think of flower. Been plain water and kelp for a week and continue to flush her out. She starting to look real frosty and the smell in the last week has went out of control. Definitely a creeper in that department.

Whats cool is iv noticed with the cool air from the induction fan blowing on a certain part of the plant it has become more frosty than the other parts. If I could control a cool breeze over the plant when the lights are off and maybe drop the temp a couple times if it would increase trichome production?

She almost there. Another week or so 👌 and my first grow will be complete with my second under way. I will start another thread with my next grow with some cannabis cup winning Tangerine G13 from Amsterdam genetics.

This big plant (for me) was a steep learning curve for sure. With only growing a couple small auto's to start with and not fully grasping the watering/feeding schedule this plant took almost 3 times the other plants did. Given its bigger pot and a 16 week veg time haha. I also now see the work required in keeping a bigger plant open to air flow and light.

Hoping to pull 4+ Oz finished dry weight with this one but really don't now some of it looking Larfy

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz
            yes - cooler 'night' temperatures will encourage them to finish (in the wild - it means winter is coming) some strains will also express colours (really brings out the purple in 'Purple Kush')

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            My last auto's got a real spell of cold air and turnef all of them slightly purple and one of them was more purple than green. It looked and smoked pretty good to 😂

Another watering tonight and checked the trichome for colour. I see a couple amber's on every cola so I think I'm going to chop this one down in a few more days.

Apon research on my last harvest I didn't take into account the plants still developing for another 3-4 days during first cure so probably hurt my potency a bit from to many amber's.

I could be wrong here but it sounds about right in my head.

I also did a little experiment on this plant as Im just unsure how much to leaf to trim off during flower. So I I heavily trimmed the near side plant and just left the far side to grow how it wanted. Iv taken a few photos to try let you see the comparison. I won't fully know the result until it's cured. First bud cola is in trimmed and second cola had been trimmed constantly every 4 days or so if needed.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice grow Peebz-I found with defoliating that Daas` advice held up good in that leaving the outer edge fans was a good move. Myself, I use the solar panels models shown on TV...crinkled as they start to unfurl I leave and when further deployed I`ll chop and I only defol really after flip once so outer ring has most but not all fans and inside I`ll probably take 50% at least fans off. I have really defoliated hard in the past and to be honest, between hard and moderate though not light, I haven`t found much difference but it`s a personal thing and trial and error but you have to just find your groove. Also, take short regular stops-trimming can become quite mesmerizing and before you know it, your plant looks as bald as Bruce Willis. Anyway, you seem a natural at this mate and I look forward to further grows of yours. Stay mellow mate

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks P.

Yeh it seems the defol technique is vast and everyone do it there own way. Iv noticed you like to defol heavy and others very little. I personally think it is required especially for my and my pish lights. But trimming the right way must add bud volume and density so something I need to master quickly as I'm sick of these bushy bitch's. I like my ladies with trimmed, not full 70's afro bush 😉.

I'm a pretty big guy so staying any where near 20+ Deg bent down over focused for 5 minutes and I'm knackered so breaks are had plenty 😂

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz I`ve had many a balls up mate in tackling this but my mantra at present is don`t cut the NASA unfurling solar panels and stop with 5-10% left that could still be taken as once you start it gets very addictive and I`m trying to find my happy medium but it`s a personal thing and takes years...I found this article very inspiring....
            Defoliation is a unique marijuana growth control technique that dramatically increases yields but remains controversial. This comprehensive tutorial is for experienced growers only.

Well that's the last of my first grow come to an end.

Chopped her down yesterday and hung up to dry. Didn't Do a wet weight this time so will just have to see what her finishing weight is after first cure and trim.

The smell is intense, wow that caught me off guard for sure. My buds still lacking some density. Hopefully a few changes on the next grow will improve it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X