• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz. Nice job, beautiful plants and pictures, my Scottish friend.
      The one your about to harvest doesn't need anything but molasses and water,from now, until harvest.
      But your LSD, definitely needs some more elbow room, she's gonna be a monster for sure, she's loving her new light, Mate.
      Keep up the great job.That LSD, is some powerful smoke,

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr.furlay! Loving the way they starting to change a bit of color as well. Seeing more red to the frostyness is cool.

Thanks Super D! That takes a bit of my anxiety of running out. But I do need more for the lsd which I can get early in the new year the LSD was a freebie that I picked for that exact reason haha. She certainly does need some more room. Just a few more weeks and we can let the fun begin

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz your very welcome Mate, you are doing great.
      Yep, you got a monster growing there in the LSD, she's gonna love the extra room,
      Have a nice weekend and Holiday Season.
      H
      Peace from Dixie.

Went in and checked my grow tonight and give them a water. Now that Iv run out of nutrients I’m just feeding them my molasis and seaweed mixture until they ready to harvest.

The ladies in flower definetly seem to be drinking less. Not sure if this is a sign of them coming to an end or not. But gave them slightly less tonight and did not water to run off in hope it extends the current nutrients in the soil. I’ll start watering to run off next week to start the flush.

I did some more training on my LSD photo to spread her and flatten it more as I want her to use as much of my space in on flower. Really don’t have a pattern that I’m training to, just pulling down growth tips into spaces that they will have room later on.

This will be the last training until I harvest my auto’s in a few weeks as I just don’t have any more space right now. She spreading her dominance in there now! I’m in love, I hope I get her to harvest successfully.

Merry Christmas GWE, happy growing!

Comment

Comment

Looks great! Full house for sure.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Peebz
          Peebz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Canuck147. Yes, getting a little tight in there. Get envious of all the bigger spaces out there.

But hey, it’s not the size of the wave. But the motion of the ocean. Well, let’s hope so 😂

Hey all. Hope everyone had a good Christmas

Went in for the last watering of 2018 tonight. Everything chugging along nicely, trichome development has really come on, from the underside of the plants just looks like a frosty morning

I got some new hardware today and took a couple of stills of the buds close up, everything looking cloudy and very little if any amber so we still have a few weeks at least.

One of my plants leaves seem to be getting purple and starting to curl up. I have kept an eye on my temps and it hasn't dipped below 18° (68F) .maybe this is a bit cold for them? My humidity is between 35-40rh.

I also took 1 small bud site from mid way on each plant and trained them down and inspected them a bit closer. They still have a ways to go imo. All 3 plants are still showing new growth as well so they still fattening up I think.
        ​​

Comment

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz HappyNewYear, my friend,
            Looking great, lots of frost, for sure.
            I can't see very well, but that plant in your picture ,is damn sure getting close to being ready.
            Anyway, you've done a great job !!
            I bet they smell good.
            Later.

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            D.A.A.S.69 hey bud. Happy new year to you when it comes around. Hope your doing well.

You think I'm right with another 1-2 weeks? Still dont see any amber's, maybe 1 or 2. I'm in the process of flushing anyway. Just want to give them plenty time.

Yeh, they smelling really good. Everything I go into work on them, after an hour my Mrs says my clothes are pretty smelly 👌.

Bought a 20l airpot which is coming tomorrow hopefully and I'm going to transplant my LSD photo out of her 10l fabric pot. Hopefully this will allow her to grow even bigger when I flip her 😁😁.

Another feeding tonight. Everything looking sweet, really happy with how my plants have turned out. I have no idea about gauging yeilds but I'll I reckon close to 2oz from the 3 auto's.

The small buds that I picked from the mid section of each plant 3 days ago had dried out. I left them in the cupboard where my grow tent is. The humidity is pretty low in there about 30/35rh. Far to humid to dry my main harvest.

After the super quick dry I got to have my first smoke of my very own bud tonight. Surprisingly smooth for the quick cure all buds had loads of trichomes on them and they tightened up half decent, not to airy. Can't wait to try my main harvest after a minimum 4 week cure. I'll finish my 2 week flush and chop down

Not huge numbers by any means but I felt a sense of accomplishment getting all of my first seedlings to harvest and a very healthy very big LSD waiting to be flipped.

Thanks for everyone's comments and assistance especially D.A.A.S.69 & PaganRich, great guys with loads of knowledge! AA bi thanks to nebula and all her fantastic tutorials, they were a massive help. Without them I wouldn't know where to start.

Any tips on when to weigh my buds when I harvest. Do I weigh when I chop or wheigh after a week of first cure?

Happy new year and happy growing GWE

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz Thank you mate for your kind words-appreciated. I weigh wet to get a rough idea then take the 25% figure as what I should be left with and that usually turns out about it when I weigh again when dry for a final check-that`s just me. First grow, 2 oz`s for 3---very, very happy. Excellent start and if you`re flexible enough, definitely worth patting yourself on the back my friend. Looking forward to how the LSD goes but you did really good especially as you made up your environment as well...that was very impressive

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz, thanks for those nice words ,mate.
            But you did the growing, and you did an excellent job to, my Swedish friend.
            It only gets easier, from now on, plus you got a good head on your shoulders, you stay on top of everything.
            HappyGrowing.
            HappySmoking.

Got my new 20L air pot today so I embarked on transplanting my LSD into her new home.

Built the air pot and put roughly 3" of my standard non brand organic soil bottom and saturated the soil with a nutrient mix. This will allow the LSD to sit flush at the top or a fraction below.
          i then cut all her ties and made 2 cuts to the fabric pot releasing her with no fuss. Placed more soil around the edges and watered again. Alan tichmarsh eat your heart out, job done 👌.

Before I put her back in the tent I tied her down in a better formation this time and jiggled my tent around to accommodate her. Nice and snug, another 10-12 days and she get flipped.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that is very nice on the eye mate

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks @PaganRich

Was so nervous when I picked the root ball up. I had visions of it just disintegrating in my hands 😂😂

Now she has room to grow. Hopefully she takes to her new home okay

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking good mate

IV went in for another check and watering.

I still can't see any amber's on the plants. Iv looked for a good 30mins but still can't see any. The underside of all my buds are frosted big time and really impressed with how they have turned out. However they all seem to be cloudy

My plan was to chop them down next Saturday (6 days away) as my LSD is out of control and needs the space pronto haha.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz Morning mate...can`t remember your veg area set up but are you able to switch bulbs and lasses to allow you to keep LSD in veg til ambers appear but have that extra height then just switch bulbs to flip. If you`re chasing a deadline then sod`s law, the ambers will trundle off on holiday and make you wait mate. You can harvest slightly earlier say when majority are milky but the hit is different and you prob will lose a slight amount of yield depending how close you are to harvest and prob power as well so it`s kind of a false economy kinda thing if that makes sense. Another option would be to just gently structure your LSD grow sideways a bit to buy you some time. You know how it is waiting for lasses to get ready, so much like real life Still, good problems to have mate in a sense. Hope you`re mellow

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey PaganRich! I'm very well thanks.

Thanks for that. This makes sense, I am not cutting early I'll leave them until the amber's show. I'll just have to keep rotating my plants to give them as much room as possible. I have no more horizontal left buddy. It is packed and she swinging her elbows in the other ladies faces.

I also dont have a veg area yet just one tent so I can't flip until my auto's are ready.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz Been there mate and is frustrating. Hang in til the last moment would be my advice. Always getting stronger and the ambers are the best indicators. It`s an anxious time and probably played day by day. Sorry I haven`t anything more helpful to add mate but thoughts are with you on this one. If you have one like 80% cloudy then you will get a different type of high which if you harvest the others with amber you could either keep separate or mix together at a later date. Tricky one.

Some pics from yesterday's feeding .

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz I hear you there mate. Very addictive hobby strangely, brewing teas. I find it quite relaxing

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            PaganRich have you seen them making teas with sprouted seedlings. Like corn or alfalfa seeds. Going to give that a go today when I get some corn

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            No Peebz but will be really curious to see how you fare with that. Sounds very interesting mate. Have you thought of running a page showing you doing a tea, different ingredients/ thoughts and experiences. This would be useful as it would be new to you and so others could see how you handled anything unforeseen and learn from it. On the other hand you might think sod that for a game of soldiers and just get one together and enjoy the time with your mrs

Decided to update my grow details since I'm close to first harvest and Iv been trying to think of some main areas that messed up on .

Here is some of my current and updated setup info,

Strain - Barney’s AutoDiesel x 3, Barney's LSD feminised photo period

Medium - standard organic compost Soil in 10l fabric pots

Edit, LSd transplanted to 20L airport week 11 in veg

Tent -800x800x2000 (32"x32"x78")

Light -1200w JS LED full spectrum (10w bulbs)

Edit, viper spectra 450w added around week 8 (few weeks into the auto desiel flower)

Exhaust - 4” vent fan through carbon filter

Induction - 2x 4” black orchid induction fans

Nutrients - bio bizz trio pack Grow, Bloom, Top Max

Edit, week 10 ran out of artificial nutrients and moved to organic compost tea, molasis and kelp extract in RO water.

Other bits and bobs

Digital temp/humidity reader, Small dehumidifier, dehumidifier pots, digital ph meter, clip on fan, ph up/down, 25ltr container, flower can & small hose, soil ph/light/moisture gauge

Edit, jewelers loupe 30x & 60x, airpump and hoses, various soil amendments

So some main mistakes I made,

General Watering, ph'g was a shambles for first 8 weeks until I got to grasp with it all .Sort of a waste of time learning about the bottled nutriets but silver lining I found a healthier way imo to feed my plants and all part of the learning curve.

Training my LSD was to severe and notice what I did wrong. Only damage it caused was added length on to the grow.

Temperature and humidity control as always could be better. I have a very anolouge set up and need to refine it some more. Because I stay in a fairly humid climate (always around 65-70rh level) I run a big dehumidifier outside the tent 24/7 and room humidity has been 30-35% for many weeks. I run the small dehumidifier inside the tent 24/7 also to keep humidity down and has also sat between 32-40%rh. If I drop one or the other, my temp drops dramatically and humidity shoots up. So I must run both and water accordingly.

I have plans to build a simple veg space within my cupboard so I can get a couple more plants going. But I am holding off until my 3 auto's are finished. So the tent is easier manovered.

Almost at the end of my first harvest if this journal. It's been an emotional roller coaster but thanks to a lot of guys in here Iv learned so much and growing as a person as I learn some patience.

​​​​​​Thanks for reading 😎🚬 .happy growing happy smoking.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Peebz; 01-09-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Big night tonight!

Harvest is here!

So I wateree them again 2 days ago and checked them for amber's and all 3 of them had chunks of amber's at the top and slightly less at the very bottom.

I had to buy a whole new setup for drying my buds in as my grow area is non-use because the smell. I went and bought a 60x60x60 tent, 2 small induction fans, carbon filter, heat mat and drying net.

Got it all rigged up tonight, cut down 2 out of 3 plants and trimmed all large fan leaves off and some bigger sugar leaves as that's all I had time for tonight. I'll get the 3rd tomorrow, she seemed a bit behind the other 2 as she struggled with defficiencies for a long time I think.

After trim I weighed each plant separately produced 280g.(420 - 140g plastic tub)

got a couple nice thick buds on the tips and all bud seems to be fairly consistent top 1/2 of the plants which I'm super impressed with for my first grow. Still got the 3rd plant but sitting at 560g wet. No show stoppers but the buds have thickened nicely the last few weeks

The LSD has now been switched to 12/12. Let the fun begin again 👍

Comment

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Peebz excellent job, my friend, you and the mrs. Have something to be very proud of,
                It sure looks like killer to me, it bet it is too.
                Just be careful and don't over dry them,
                Nice job, Mate.

• Peebz
                Peebz commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69 thanks buddy. I'm very nervous about the coming week. My dry space is new and untested. It's holding around 60rh but temp is cold, 10°C. IV kept them on fairly large bits of stem for the most part.

Hopefully I can get them to the jars with out issue.

Hope you got the freezers stocked again!

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                @Peebz
                Good Job, very nice looking smoke you got there.

Got the third plant chopped down tonight and pulled 215g from it. Not quite the Oz per plant average I was going for but I'll take it.

Had the other 2 plants in the dry tent last 3 days, seems to be working well. Sits at a steady 58-60Rh. Would like it a bit warmer as it's a bit cold, sitting around 9°c. But if it takes a bit longer so be it. Got a heat mat in there but doesn't make much difference.

I also pulled the straps a bit tighter on my LSD to keep her growing wider and open her up some more. There are 4 shoots that I can only let grow upwards so I pulled the shoot from all of them to let the lower system catch up a bit. I also chopped all the tiny bud sites low down bellow the straps

Comment

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Going well mate and good yields considering all the factors you were up against so I`d be very chilled on that and next run will be even better. Looking forward to seeing how the LSD goes

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X