No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JohnEmad RagWeedDWC What I had to do wasn't exactly super-cropping a couple of grows ago. Some of the colas just kept going after the 3 week stretch, so I bent them and tied them down; they developed a joint where they were bent and like RagWeed says, the buds grew beautifully all along the horizontal part of the cola.

Click image for larger version

Name:	day42 new.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	355795

I suspended them from the ceiling with suction cups and the green wire. I didn't get any foxtailing; I checked the light with my lux meter to keep them in the good zone and out of the bad zone.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, Convinced I need to bend that one into shape...lol. Thanks for the pictures and ideas alltatup.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I just snot laughed looking at that plant on the right. It’s not that there is anything wrong with the plant. But for some reason my stoned brain made me think of the kid we all knew in school...the “over-achiever teacher pleaser” type...”pick me! Pick MEEEE! Look over here!” 🤣
      What strain? Auto?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      YYCannabis I don't grow autos: the over-achieving plant is C99 by G13 Labs, the tallest one I ever grew.

Took a bit of persuasion to get this stalk to bend but she reluctantly agreed. Taped the joint to safeguard it and tied the top for future bud growth. Gained back 10 inches.
    Thanks for the help gang.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 12-07-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job, johnE!!!

So, I pulled her out tonight to prune some and noticed all the roots on my lap. I looked under the bag and seen this. Shit! I now know why so many ppl use really large bags. I need to transplant soon!
    ✌🏻🙏🏼
    Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      during the outdoor grow we found the same thing with 10 gallon bags if you put them on a plant riser that will stop

I was out of town yesterday and today I see no news letter did one come out ?
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      yes it did,,,must be hung up somewhere,,,

Day 66 for my autos, Cream Caramel auto from sweet seeds is packing on the flowers. about 3.5/4 weeks into flower,
    The two NLX's are doing their best to catch up but as sativa dom. strains they act and grow a bit differently.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 12-09-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I just went to do a little topping on some young Lemon and Strawberry Cheesecake autoflowers and noticed pistils on 1 of the SC plants. She was just a seed in a package only 20 days ago! They grow up so fast... Anyways, I hope this doesn't mean that she is starting to flower already at only 3.25" tall but I guess if she is that just means we'll be smoking sooner. I'm new to autos, is this normal? 2gal pot

A poor shot of the pistils

Name:	b6CtX7P.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	357136

Here she is from the top down

Name:	w5G8tdy.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	357138
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I've got 3 same strain (not your strain) that went to flower in 3wks runt runt 8 grams heck if I know why? But other autos have done OK per there description just not more than 1oz but i'm trying till I get a decent yield off one. I like them cause they are faster i'm on the fence with potency not close to my photos yet.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got some heating pads to go under my autos they are controlled by a thermometer so you can keep the root zone at a steady temp ,it doesn't take much to stress autos ,I look at it like a challenge to get a good yield from one lol

At this point in my autos I top at the fifth node pinch the top fans off then stand back and watch em go. Oops I meant this as a comment to FunkyButtLovin my bad.
      Last edited by PRIMO; 12-13-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to top above the 4th node until I saw this. Should I go ahead and top the others of same age/size/nodes that are not showing pistils yet?

I like to keep it simple, top em all,make a note in the log book "topped today". Whew, works done, time for a beer!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        He might be asking if he could top an auto whilst it just started to show top flower cola? I think is what he wanted to know and i'd like to know that too. Some just flower so small?

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, SoOrbudgal that is exactly what I was wanting to know about.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can top them after they start showing pistils if they are growing fast enough. Autos grow and flower at the same time which is why they are so fast. I've had a few start showing pistils when they were 6 inches tall yet they still ended up growing to a bit over 48 inches tall.

FunkyButtLovin someone will get back on this. I'm probley looking at a very early flower auto too with the one seedling I got left out of the dwarf GDP seeds from summer. Small small but I'm growing the last one along with several others next grow.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My 1st auto grow.
        3/4 of marathon is behind these girls and the last bend is just ahead.

Comment

you may not see me here for a little while we have some Major health issues with the family we are both fine
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 sorry to hear about that, I hope the health issue is not to serious and recover quickly. Take care

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Best wishes OJH.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Family first! Hope all works out well.

I never keep track of dates, but here’s my lemon ak47 aka Saints. She’s been a odd duck since day one. She still hasn’t produced any trichomes and has zero smell to her. I’ve done a ton of reading and hear this happens sometimes. Spider told me to just give her time and that’s what I’ve been reading. ‘Low or no trichomes production? Give your plant 2-3 weeks and then see her explode.’ I guess we shall see...lol.
          Hope all goes well with your family OJH.
          🙏🏼✌🏻
          Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            My friend had a grow that had no trics at all and it was great weed ,I grew the same strain and had tons of trics ,have you given her any Molasses ,It cant hurt

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t been and I usually do. My mind just hasn’t been in this grow much ole buddy

Thanks all ,

Comment

Day 73 and the flowers are building nicely. Should be about 7 to 10 days between plants at harvest I estimate but then I have been wrong once or twice...lol!

Think my lights are a bit close at 12 to 15 inches but no room left so seeing some leaf stress but nothing too crazy.

Glad my new hobby is indoors as it was -30 C last night. Tha'ts cold no matter what system you use to measure temps.

Comment

I spent the day decarbing weed did 2 oz of cbd and 2 oz of gorilla Lou, then I started on the duff , I transferred the alcohol to half gallon ever clear jugs then into the freezer, I was trying to set up a reclamation system for the alcohol but what I had wouldn't work so I need to pick up some copper sheet , I'm on my last syringe of oil so I will have to do a run today good thing I have a half gallon jar thats been in freezer for 8 months Today the decarbed weed goes into jars for the freezer thats full of bags of material for dry ice hash ,they have been there a long time I have been thinking of a way to build a shaking machine just have to quit being lasy lol

@ of the 3 family members that have been sick 2 are home home and getting better but the third is having a hard time of it and the docs at Mass General dont have a clue whats going on, Mass Gen was the Hospital that saved my life so I have faith , I'll tell ya hearing a 6 year and 18 month walking around the house looking for there daddy is tough

Comment

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope all gets better soon oldjarhead100. And you are right about hospitals. About 2 months ago my son popped his shoulder out of its joint. Not just like a normal out of joint shoulder either. His shoulders ball joint was almost centered in his right pec (so way out of joint.) I physically carried him into the ER as he was having trouble walking. When I went to the check in desk (with my adult son crying and screaming like a baby) the security guard yelled at me to get behind the line on the floor, ( there was no one else at the check in desk so.) I asked for a wheel chair he nodded to the other side of the room and says they are over there and went back to reading. It took everything I had not to go to jail that night.

Parts of the story are left out there as this occurred at about 2am. I also had my grandson with me who is in a wheel chair. And We got a flat tire on the way to the ER. So when I got there I was beyond the tipping point of what more I could take.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X