No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a bit of before and after on my trimming and training today. I know some may be skeptical about the way I’m doing these autos, but those who understand....understand fully of what’s going on. JR is in bloom, but I’m continually training her still. SR is starting to bloom a bit on her mains, but I’m still able to train her too. Here in the next couple weeks is when they are both really gonna hit their growth spurts. I’m doing my best to keep them both in veg as much as possible. The longer I can continue, the more I’ll have on the end game. In two weeks I’ll let them both go full fledge bloom. The branches on SR should be right where I’m wanting them. I should have 18 of the 22 colas I was shooting for on her.
    Well, time to water. I have company coming tonight. Let me tell you too...they sure are stinky....lmao
    🙏🏼✌🏻
    Attached Files

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice retodd! I'm so excited to see them in full bloom!

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Retodd I can`t help but think of Wile E Cyote where parachutes are concerned

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Yeah, there’s only minor bloom going on and I’m trimming and training every two day for stretch. As long as I can keep it in a bit of shock they still grow. So far there’s 14 shoots coming off JR that I’m training and SR has 22 shoots, including the 2 mains.

Gonna start a bit of lst today bend her over a bit first auto grow so going with lst

Comment

I think I may have to go ahead and let JR go into full bloom. It means that today was her last trim and train. I found out that I snapped one, but it was still alive and was able to tape her. Here’s JR for y’all. I’m not the greatest at doing a spiral train since topping her. Next spiral training I’ll do it the correct way and leave the main on. I still think she should net pretty good tho. It’s SR that I’m really putting all my effort into and time.
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd did the Canadian gov give out directions on training when they legalized it lol WTF thats 2 training ideas that I like where did you see this and do you have anymore great ideas

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Nope, just a couple different techniques. To do a true spiral you don’t top your main and plant at the edge of your container and train as I spiral. Red said I should top after the second, so I did but still wanted to spiral train. I figured I’d try both at the same time as a experiment. The flux is something I studied for months. I just wanted to do methods that wouldn’t create too much height in my small tent. Both techniques will just be straight up colas coming up from ground level. Since I’m training every day or two the branches are really forgiving. Both are meant for photos, but seem to be ok so far im just going to loose weight I think. Time will tell. Remember,I live in the South...lmao

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd Morning Retodd mate, that is a very interesting grow you`ve got going there. Looking forward to seeing how you fare as I have been thinking about Fluxing for a-whiles. Looking good mate

Furley's Flat Canopy

Controlling the Stretch is a tricky one at one point you just can't pull the branches down anymore. So I use Super cropping to help out with a flat canopy. Remember kids I am growing Photoperiod plants, you can do this to a auto just
      Make sure not to over do it and until you understand how it will benefit you or how it will stress your plant out be careful.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...crop-marijuana

Alot of peeps will use Super cropping in Veg, But I have no fear of it in Flowering especially if my plants getting too close to the light

On 1/7 three tops on Thing 1 started to out grow the others so a lightly pinched the stems to soften the branch in one spot till they were floppy and easily lean over 90 degrees from the canopy and left them to be.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190114_015322.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	283919

by the next day The other tops had grown level
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190108_182507.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	283920

On 1/10 I took the 1000's post picture
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...070#post283070

And tonight I had to search hard to find the knuckle.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190114_011019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	283921

Got to busy this weekend and my plants are underwater, clones may have died but here it is. Happy Growing all. ​​​​
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-14-2019, 04:32 AM.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some excellent looking plants Mr furley

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you mcubed.

All the luvely girls! I do like all the styles that everyone is using, very nice all yall!

Comment

hears my update the first and 6th picture is of mutant Louie ,Man I hope she continues with the 3 nodes on each level .In the 3rd Picture I broke off one of the growth tip completely man that really opened her up lol gotta look at brite side the rest are a mix ,I think today I will try Retodds idea of bending them inside the pot ,

To all of the noobs this is why we do these grows I have gotten 2 new training ideas in this post , this is sharing the wealth not a competition
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man, in the first pix just start staking next to them to get them to make turns in concentric circles, slowly going outward. Keep main branches low and just let the new growth grow up while mains grow out and low. I’m sure you know what I mean.

Training going well. No topping just lst some of these grows on here are very interesting I'm curious as to the yields and timeframes with advanced training that a few are doing. These 2 autos have pistols already so I wasn't willing to slow them down any. These are 25 days from hitting towel.

Comment

I was tieing down the Limpin Louie and I saw a pistil I got so excited 1 female and more to come then I realized it was an Auto damn , The LL is at 3 weeks so its still early the first pic is of Mutant Louie then I worked on my new old pipe I made the stem from the Dark Devil and then I had to try it so I put a little Dark Devil in it wow nice easy hits and smooth cool smoke 2 hit wtf
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning oldjarhead100 Hope you are well mate. Did you carve the pipe bowl yourself?

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            A fellow pipe maker? It looks like a meerschaum

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            yes it is a meerschaum and no I did not carve it the stem piece was broken so I made one from a pot stem ,Its my very special pipe I will only smoke something amazing out of it right now its dark devil thanks all

Great idea for fixing your pipe, my wheels are turning now. Plants are looking good, what is your plan for training?
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
          IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            im training some and letting the slow ones go natural ,the Mutant Louie is being manifolded kinda lol I have 6 stems on it, node 3 and 4 I'm also spinning them when they hit the edge of the pot

PaganRicholdjarhead100 Yeah, so it’s Friday and I’m doing a update. I never know how I’ll be feeling from day to day tho. It looks like I’ll do ok with these new training methods. SR looks like she’ll have 22 colas on her, that’s 20 on branches and the 2 mains. JR is sitting at 18 colas doing the spiral training. You can see how JR is showing trichomes now. They are both 1-1/2 months old. I switched up the lighting to 24/7 the other day. Starting yesterday they both went from 8oz of feeding once a day to twice a day now. I know some only folier feed once a week, but I do every other day. It’s pretty much since I have to trim that often and train. The box I designed for my fluxing seems to be working out pretty good. I love the ease of just adjusting my wires through their eyelets when needed. Hindsight, I should have used more soil to make the training a bit easier. I’ll do that on my next flux. I did up my terpinator from 5ccs/-1/2gal to 6 and my calmag from 3.75 to 4.25. I guess we’ll all see how this goes. I know Rich and OJH have been showing interest in it. Grow height shouldn’t be much more than 2’ and that’ll be all cola.
          Until next time y’all. ✌🏻🙏🏼
          Btw, loving all your other updates. I look forward to seeing them and reading my mails everyday.
          Attached Files

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Retodd, Do you do the entire grow in the box or do you transplant to a pot? I want to try your method on my next grow.

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            uncledoug I built and designed this box specifically for fluxing. Plants will stay in it from seed to harvest. I saved my step by step pix of building it for another grower on here and still have them all saved if you want me to show you how. Just PM me. I remember all my measurements and angle cuts, etc. Always happy to help anyone out.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am so going to try that box lol

Still waiting for my GG4 Autos ordered back in September. Am I still in the running?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Your always a winner in my book starramus

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy shit you've had some issues, I was looking at seedsman and I see they are or have changed there route into the US maybe it will help , I have some gorilla Cookie photo clones you can have

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey thanks Mr.furley and oldjarhead100. Yes I am having some issues with my last Seedsman order. Third send has arrived in the U.S. I don't know if it was because of the government shutdown, or Seedsman's rerouting. They must have had lots of confiscations. I had my order sent to a different state this time. Had run out of addresses where i reside. Probably have my GG4 autos in about 3 to 4 business days. Thanks for the offer OJH.

Well I guess since everyone else did a Friday post I will too lol is it gonna be Thursday next week? 😂 so this is week 6. Well, tomorrow is. Everybody’s grows look awesome. I can’t wait to see all these plants when they’re finished! I’m hoping like 5 more weeks for me. Maybe 6. Oh btw the misses is all good. Sore but doing fine. Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery. Anyways, hope everyone has a good day! Oh and oldjarhead100 that pipe is dope!!! I want one!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	7F3B4F84-1F2D-4102-9467-72A132A45328.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	284804Click image for larger version

Name:	0F8B2C3F-FFBF-4F67-A384-C2936A8C7644.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	284803
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            "Houston we have lift off"

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice, mate

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            INdeed we do. Thanks everyone

Here they are starting to form little buds not sure I'm liking the autos yet hope they get a bit bigger before going into full flower

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking real good - now is the time to cut 2 fan leaves - expose bud site below - that bud site will grow into branch.........

Pistils, both plants, hoping they are visible enough for their Saturday Pictures

that is all

Comment

"Photo" Bomb!

Day 47

Name:	20190118_192915.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	769.8 KB
ID:	284902

Day 50

Name:	20190118_193003.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	284903

Day 55

Name:	20190118_192802.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	683.5 KB
ID:	284904

Name:	20190118_191742.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	284905 giggity.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Juicyj89
              Juicyj89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotta say number 3 is pretty knarly bro lookin exellenté 🤙

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, they look awesome, I'm going to have to figure a way to enlarge my space.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              RagWeedDWC
              I have size restrictions so it may surprise you to learn my whole room is 50sqft, the tent is 3x4x6, with a 2x2x3 seed/veg area. It truly is all about working with what you have, training them to the space, giving the maximum amount of light the space can handle and ensuring you have a proper environment. I can run four plants in that tent at a time with a 600w hps and they can reach around 3ft in height before light stress.
              Thanks to the both of you for the kind words.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X