No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out watering yesterday and when done I decided to hang a game cameras near one of my stands , when I got there I found a camera that I have been hunting for all spring ,where I thought it was was a mile in and I did 4 trips To look ,(I did alot of scouting as well) so happy to find it , oh I found it the day after I purchased 3 new cameras

The woods girls all looked good ,I have to spend some time with them trimming and supporting ,I have 2 that are hanging down and more are going to need it
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming soon, to a theater near you

The OJH Hunting Project

😁

My first autogrow, Jack Herer
    No nutes as of yet, will add after roots pop out.
    Last year had a problem with having the pump in the tote, it was just running to hot. This year will use an old fashion "Spitter" .

Setup for the start below.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. I know oldjarhead100 has grown them. I haven’t had luck with either the jacks or jock horror seeds. That strain just hates me...lol

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife's plants have been doing ok, leggy but they were thrown in a pot and told to survive. Going to try to Auto's this year, just to keep space needs down. Will use feminized next year one I find a mother I like, clone it, clone it

the girls are looking very happy I tried to do individual shots with there names but alas some slipped my memory lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      No grits? (g) That "maybe" pineapple chunk looks like it would be a good indoor candidate.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a waffle house grand slam with extras

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the foggy bottom OJ

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_174745.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	334137Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_103827.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	334138Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_175019.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	334136
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Juicy that first pic looks like most all the autos I've grown outdoors this summer. A bunch of tight suger leaf but the buds from my plants never got solid there real larfy. I don't know might of been all the environmental flux where i'm at?? So far my experimenting with autos out doors although quicker have not been very good yields nor quality. What's your thoughts with outdoor auto if I may ask? Oh I mean no offence by what I stated in second sentence just that it looks like mine.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I see all the autos grows with fantastic yield and I wonder how did they do that ,In my experience you have to provide perfect conditions from seed pop to harvest ,any slow down will hurt yield ,I tried them outside one year I had one plant that really produced but everything else was small and larfy

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Y’all are making me nervous! I went all in on autos for my second grow. I hope I get good yields :/

s62 Hey don't let my experience so far hinder you from trying them. I'm not giving up with them outdoors it's just like OJH says, certain strains do better outdoors and it's got to be near perfect conditions. I'm going to grow again next summer but will hold off till early summer warmer temps to put them out. And the I will research the strain more carefully. They have been doing wonders with new autos. But my photos are my passion outdoors and in. Indoors I have good luck with autos firm buds and decent yield for small plants.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        dont get worried If you know how they grow you can keep things just so and you will do fine , I still grow autos they are lots of fun, just read all the info on them here ,,the only hard part is keep there environmental influences so they dont influence them lol

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        s62 I just started growing autos a couple yrs ago myself. I’m a outdoors man, just like my folks and friends always were. I went all out and got the tent, lights, etc. My first harvest paid for everything tho. I’ve grown widows twice and blue cheese since. I’m gonna start my next grow as soon as my soil get in. I’ll be harvesting my outdoor grow in the next couple months. Too bad I can fit my 8’+ plants in tents right? 😂

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I really want to try outdoors next year! Good luck with upcoming grows.

Oh i'm not at all an expert with auto's no way LOL this is my first attempt outdoors with them. Your indoor grow will be WAY different and much easier to control environment. No worries their are much much more help here than myself. I'm new to autos, I've always grown photos.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Here is my outdoor auto, from my own seed, a Widowbanger @ 74 days old this morning. I did not get a lot from my first autos, my bad.The others are all photos, clones in pots, the new girl is just out into the sunshine, still has bluing from the CFLs.
        I will do autos outside in the spring, may be in 7 gallon pots, plan is to start them just before frost are over and then plant photos once the autos are in flower. This should give me a mid summer harvest, and then the fall harvest. And if we plant 12 different strains each, should be a nice selection, just like going to the dispensary!
        I hope I have time I just dropped more auto seed outside,,,, I may have to cover them.
        Last edited by Rwise; 09-03-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          they are looking fantastic great idea planting autos early to have them in bloom when the frost is gone

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanx, I think everyone's plants are looking fantastic!
          Use all short crop autos, and stay within our laws with the photos vegging! The auto here is a test for outdoor,, well I have 5 more up! Maybe I can sneak them in before frosts,,,

The wife chunked two Jack Herer into her garden, watered and fed them along with everything else. Deer got one of them so she moved the other. She throws a little miracle grow at it when she does the garden, gets watered with the rain and a sprinkler. Im scared my indoor grow will not do as well this year and I will have to hear about it! :-)

Approx 30 days old.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure it was deer, but my hound will chase a bud in a second... so the verdict is out.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Deer make good fertilizer, just plant them in the patch, or eat them and plant the remains in the patch

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          paint balls hurt when you get hit and they are fun to shoot ,they should wash off in a rain , I dont know if they will come back but it certainly makes you feel better

s62 you will do fine with autos. This one was started August 1st and is about 4 feet tall in a 10gallon cloth pot. Coast of Maine soil no nutrients used so far. Its lowering its leaves due to the light being to close as it grew 4 inches in 30 hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190901_122413.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	334347
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see you, spidermite! I hope things are growing and going well for you. Thanks for the vote of confidence. You’re one of the main reasons I went with autos this time. In particular, it was your experience with FastBuds that sent me that direction.
          Also, that’s a gorgeous plant you’ve got! Curious what she’ll yield.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Its fastbuds six shooter. They average for me about 280 grams or so usually. To be honest I have been neglecting my plants and she still turned out this well so far. I'm sure you will be golden

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a fantastic number. If I can get that off 4 plants, I’ll be happy lol.

Your gonna do fine s62 your indoor setup looks A+

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again, budgal, I sure hope you’re right!

Just curious...is it normal for a post to just take off and get 4000 responses or is this some new trend?
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably cuz we started with over a dozen growers.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah this is the one single topic where one can keep up with how all the other members are doing, everybody is welcome to post and share and comment and the more the merrier

2 of the Autoflowers got too tall and had to be banished to the bigger tent under 250w mh it was a hard decision to pull them out from the 100w light but was needed.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190903_210811.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	334616
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          why not just super crop them ?

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point Ohj, but I have run out of horizontal space as well.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats a damn fine reason lol

With the sun shining through.- it's easy to see which plant has bigger buds - Candy Kush on the left - Chemdog has some Larfy buds happening as the last one had that I harvested - so - I topped the buds.

About 1/4 inch I snipped off - did it to the Chemdog in the tent as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190905_130259.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	334709Click image for larger version

Name:	20190905_125748.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	334710
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          2 gallon pots Retodd.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          getting plants like that in 2 gallon pots holy cow ,I concede all growing ability's to the master

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I’m sayin OJH! Surprising!

You guys think this plant will have a good yield? P98 Bubba kush in 5 ga . Click image for larger version

Name:	20190904_180717.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	334797Click image for larger version

Name:	20190904_180709.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	334798
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          So is that a yes?

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Boomshuckaluck - French Canadian word for - Bloody Well Right

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha hell yeah that's what I love to hear. Thanks mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X