Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrHappy81
    replied
    On week 10 or so for my amnesia grow. Really coming on now, heads are getting bigger each day. Smell is developing nicely. I am being careful about how much nutrients to give her. I gave a little to much last water and ended up burning the fan leave tips. Think it will be just 0.5 ml per litre of bloom boost from now on after 1ml a litre burning her. I'm very happy with how she is growing, new fabric pots and larger grow space are making a difference. New LED is definitely producing great results whilst saving energy.

Leave a comment:

• swegrow
    commented on 's reply
    I got almost 200 grams from 8 plants on my first grow of autos and Im VERY happy about that. 10oz a plant is crazy!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that this forum is about learning for me first and also about showing showing off my grows to anyone interested.
    I am still real new to this but enjoy it a ton.
    Big thanks to all who make this a great place to learn and share.

• Retodd
    commented on 's reply
    Kanuck and Sorbudgal.....I tried to send you personal messages along with the others, but couldn’t.

• Retodd
    replied
    So, writing a statement to call quite a few out that post on a couple of our pages.

GWE, for the most part, is to help teach other growers techniques, etc. This can’t be accomplished when you post pictures of your harvest from a plant saying you’re getting X amount from that strain. I’ve over 20 yrs experience growing and joined the site to learn more about indoor growing. Me and friends, close personal ones, have started a couple. The Great Auto Showdown is one of them for friendly competition. I also have a few friends too that I am online friends with and know their amounts are accurate. I’ve showed my own mother some pictures of harvests saying they got say 10 OZ from their plant and I know damn good and well it’s closer to 4-5. For example, I was talking to my friend PaganRich today on web chat while he was cleaning. He showed me his bowl 1/2 way through and I was only off by .4gr. When he finished his entire plant I was only off by 2gr. My friend Spidermite talks about this with me too. He’s got 20 yrs experience too. I know some of the old timer growers and I’ve known them for 3 yrs now and they aren’t laying a line of bullshit. I see their harvests and their totals. I’m very good at seeing and knowing what’s what. We aren’t here to impress anyone. I’m not calling anyone specifically out. You know who you are.

Thing is, someone says they got 10oz from a say white widow auto grown in their tent. You go to the page that sells the seeds and it averages 4oz. You just screwed the person buying the seeds and the time it took to grow. The whole time their thinking, what did I do wrong? This is perfect because it was the first indoor strain I grew. I got 3 oz per plant, dry. My good friends told me I did good. ‘Why didn’t I get 10 oz like so n so?’ ‘They lied and are fulla shit.’ Catching my meaning? I really like quite a few friends on here.

Trying and keep it real. Test me sometime if you wanna call me out. Show me a harvest in a good photo and I bet I can nail Damn close to the weight.

🙏🏼and ❤️

Leave a comment:

• swegrow
    replied
    Dark devils and a jack47 XL in the middle. 18 days old, topped once a and not trained at all.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Just as it starts to stretch I pick your strongest branches and cut away. Makes them easier to spread from below.

• MrHappy81
    commented on 's reply
    I wish i had lollipoped my plant like yours. Let it concentrate its energu on the tops. Hmmm interesting. I think it is to late to do that now for myself. Did you do it before it flowered?

• MrHappy81
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC lol Well i hope at least the rant made you feel a little better! My wife rants to me to often and she tends to feel that way after.
    It seems you have alot more space than i do. If i had space like that I would let the fan leaves grow. I am selective about what I remove, it is normally ones covering bud sites and after, I have noticed a difference. Perhaps the small space i had and the reflection from the close white walls helped the lower buds and leaves to get that light. I do also try and tie the stems back and spread her open. I will see how this grow goes. I have had a few mistakes on my way here but learned. Advice i have been given on this forum has been put to use on this grow. So thank use. 👍

Cheers 😀

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Should never write until at least the second cup of coffee... To answer your question MrHappy81 without a rant :-) I'm not sold on removing all of the fan leaves and I'm the type that will test it in the next grow. I think spreading the stems out (look at the tie downs on the top of my totes) and leaving the healthy fans alone. I do have more room but some of these suckers are tumble weeds.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    My total grow spaces is 31X50X81 inches, next year I will have approximately 6 more inches by replacing the big wheels with smaller ones and moving my carbon filter and fan.

This year I did three grows, Jack Herr, Girl Scout Extreme and Amnesia Haze. They are in my signature. the JH gave me over a pound, I think the AH will be close to a pound those were both hybrids with strong sativa, although my test plant only delivered 127g.
    I lollopped, both of them but ended up having to super crop the crud out of them. In both those grows I did not pull a fan leaf with the exceptions of the ones below the lollipop line, to me they are big solar collectors. I only remove the ones that need to be removed.

The GSCE I did, and because it was not a Sativa hybrid it was a little shorter (Not much) and I did cut the fans and yield was much lower..

After fishing season I will start two more JH (Or at least a primarily dominant sativa), one I will remove the fans just to see if it helps, I'm not against it and see many examples of great grows that do.

• MrHappy81
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC may i ask why you are reconsidering defoliation? I've found (well mostly down to lack of space) that it has worked. But i suppose it's all down to personal preference though. It's not legal where i live and I've had to use cupboards to hide mine behind, these cupboards have been limited in size and my girls always got really bushy. The grow room would of been a room of leaves if I didn't trim them. Whenever i trimmed i always gave a really good mist, seems a bit of extra humidity helps the healing. Rule of thumb though being, only defiliate a strong healthy plant.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, and this time I took pictures :-), Thank you! It turned out much better than I thought, barely did a thing to it except for a lollipop. Have a new plan next year but really having second thoughts about the defoliate thing.
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 05-28-2020, 11:06 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    LOL RagWeedDWC dang that was a wild grow you had.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Longest grow I have had to date, I thought the Jack Herr was bad, this took a total of 115 days with flowering 78 days.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X