Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DimeBagKilla
    commented on 's reply
    I understand the btu watt conversion arithmetically. I guess I am trying to decide if 630watts with no outside exhaust will cause my room to become to hot or not. I live in Michigan and will have A/C in the summer to accommodate but in the winter I will not have outside access.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    I’d agree. I’m talking 10x10 and even in August, the temp only hit 79 on 88 degree days

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Correct answer is 1071 btu/hr for every 315w.
    Last edited by Toker1; 11-18-2018, 10:32 PM.

• DimeBagKilla
    replied
    PRIMO how much heat does that unit give off? I was thinking about two of them and now am reconsidering if I will have heat issues if I am unable to vent outside.

Leave a comment:

• PRIMO
    replied
    More than happy with it, and yes it is.

Leave a comment:

• DimeBagKilla
    commented on 's reply
    Thats good to know. I am in the beginning of winter here in Michigan and have an average house temp of 68 degrees so I should be fine into April. I was planning on running a 424 cfm with a fan control which I thought should be plenty for a 4x4x7.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Just be sure you can manage heat.... I took my temp at the exit end of a 315 LEC and the 1000 HPS and they are tied together in series... at 25’ the exit temp is about 81F and intake about 72F.... impressive to me but no clue what it could be below the lens or in the room without ventilation and that’s an 8’ ceiling

• DimeBagKilla
    replied
    PRIMO Are you happy with your yields with the single 315? Also is that the vertical bulb model?

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    ...if you can afford it the double ended technology equipment is the way to go. Get a high frequency ballast with a double ended bulb & hood. They put out the most light per watt used I believe. The thinner glass on the bulb makes for higher efficiency.

• PRIMO
    replied
    DimeBagKilla My start was cfl's inna closet, White paint, charcoal filter & a couple of fans, about a hundred bucks. Upgrade----- Apollo 4x4x80 tent, $100, Sun 315-LEC $400+, charcoal filter $65, fans smart pots and nutrients etc. another buck and a half.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Check out eBay. They have used ballasts that are worth the shipping. And keep checking CL... never know what might pop up. Expand your search if you can do the driving.

• DimeBagKilla
    replied
    Appreciated Toker1 Farmall. I looked on craigslist and it was virtually empty. Michigan just legalized so anything that was on their was probably snatched up pretty quick. I think I'm set on cashing into my local HTG supply's sale on black friday. I guess my only question now is now is should I go with two vertical 315s or one single 630 watt horizontal lec. My assumption is that I will be able to get away with two vertical fixtures about a foot tall in a 7 foot tent

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Ha...! If I had advice it would be: don’t go too crazy initially. My room was 10x10 roughly. But, the plants had taken ALL of that space because I did not fully. cut them back during veg.... in fact I veg’ed them for 8 weeks and while I did top them and bend them...I should have flowered sooner. It is nice to have those big colas producing more every day but this might have been better suited to an outdoor May grow. Being late summer and in an early cold zone dictated against that. Start small as toker1 said, look at the wattages carefully, I was so hell bent on going into it, that I germinated before half the plan was ready.... DONT DO THAT...plan appropriately

• Toker1
    replied
    Led will not save $$ in electricity. Don’t look at the PAR Wattage on those LED’s....only pay attention to the actual wattage.
    I rock the 600w HID in a 4x4 and didn’t that cost much. Maybe $5-600 total for everything to run it efficiently.
    The LED’s are ok if you know how to solder, replace diodes, replace power drives, and replace internal fans. If your good at electrical work that might even be fun. But I was fiddling with the LEDs way too often for my liking for this that and what ever wasn’t working that day.
    You can always buy used equipment to save $$$... you can really save a whole bunch buying it that way.

Leave a comment:

• DimeBagKilla
    replied
    Farmall apparently I'm having some latency issues because I just got that! Thank you for the reply! Holy shit though? I don't have money coming out of my nose to be buying nearly that many lights right now. I would love to see that set up though. What size is your grow space? Would you be able to give guidance under these $1000 conditions?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X