Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using cover crops, dried banana peels, red wigglers, bone meal, alfalfa meal, bamboo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im gonna add alot more red wigglers since all my bins are outside and i want some worms inside just in case.. plus they slow down alot in the cold and since the crate will be optimal temp/home i might as well throw more in there..

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      If you ever need to have some worms that can live outside and make it with the cold, the Super European Night Crawlers are the ones to get. Uncle Jim sells them to, and I think they eat almost as much as the wrigglers, just more cold hardy. My collection is a mix of both, along with whatever native enilids are in my soil. I do love the crazy little kids, kinda like having the lowest maintenance pets in the world, Lol! Good humble little critters.

• Crow
      Crow commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know. Me and my LMPs

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah i treat my worms like they are my pets i feed them good give them a good home and spoil them! lol im thinking about getting another species of worms but so far ive been adding native earthworms to my outside pots since they are native to the area they do good although its tough to keep em alive ina worm bin but they do fine in my pots outside since its mostly good soil no till type of grow and i add native soil in with them and i think thats why they stay alive.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X