Advice on Trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Trimming

Should I go ahead and trim out the big fan leaves at the top? I really did not train this one beyond pulling down a few of the bigger branches
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

If there are bud sites lower down, I'd say trim to expose them but don't take too much.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Couple of things. As above if no buds blocked leave them. Second what lights and how close? Appears to have light stress on the top leaves. The rest appear to have to much nitrogen. If the light isnt to close I'm surprised because the other back leaves look over fed.

Comment

Yeah I looked real hard..light stress

Comment

Raised the light a couple of nights ago, was thinking the same, thanks. I kept thinking it was a ph problem, the 1000k led needs to be wayyyyyyyyyy up there.
          I know the leaves look dark, but not adding any N above what is in the mixes Advance Nutes MGB and now AN sensibloom. All fed way below the recs and focused on PPM more than 2ml per litre thang. The other side is dark green also, has had me concerned.
          Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 11-08-2018, 06:37 AM.
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            The dark and shiny leaves is a sign of phosporous toxicity, which seemed to happed a couple of weeks ago, and may have caused a nutrient lock out.

I dont think you will hurt it by taking out the larger fan leaves- no sugar leaves- open up the middle a bit to allow more air and light penetration so you can enlarge the colas. The tops looks nice- start to develop a deeper cola now !

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol and there goes the never ending debate.

As far as the color just watch the nutrients. Good catch on the light. And if you want to defoliate look at Nebulas guide.

Thanks all, this has been one great learning experience, my next grow will be smaller but better yields, I can feel it in my bones.
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel

Comment

Just learn your way. Dont pick a side of a debate. Choose what feels right. Because experts have been arguing for years. Lol Farmers just been growing plants.

Comment

Yellowing in that last pic looks like a calcium/magnesium problem. Just my opinion.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, you are probably right, pretty sure my led was to low and created stress across the board also. Next grow I will add in Calimag along with the rest..

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's going to get worse.

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                I have Calimag I can add, also add to grow right behind it. Did not want to just start throwing nutrients until I was sure. My tap water has .87 PPM but probably does not have all the correct needs. Will give it a shot

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X