Autos too stunted to lst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos too stunted to lst?

Hey everybody. 21 days ago I planted five ak48 Auto seeds directly into 5 gallon grow bags. But they are only 3 inches tall at that age, and I'm feeling like they must be stunted. I think they should be quite a bit bigger. That's sad, and reading a whole bunch of stuff on here last night while I was doing the overnight shift they say that plants that aren't vigorously growing shouldn't be trained. What do you think. I was planning on going up today and beginning the process. I actually was going to pinch out the very top tip and let the main stem split and then start pulling the branches out. Should I go ahead and do this or should I scrap these? There were a few days that the Heat was up to 86 up there for a couple hours during those few days when I couldn't manage to cool it down. So not sure what to do from here. Really don't want to scrap them the seeds weren't that cheap, and then there's the question of since they've only been in the rooting cubes and right in two the pots can I reuse all that and just pull out the routing Cube if I scrap them? Any thoughts?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

I would let them grow. They're filling out their roots.
    Same thing happened to me this past summer. Put a new genetic Colorado Cookies in a 7 gallon pot - after clearing the soil, she grew well for 5 days (keep in mind I wasn't planning on topping or anything). Then for the next 10 -12 days she did nothing. Then started growing vertically for about a week. After about six nodes or so - pistils started shooting up.
    I'm like - no no no grow up some more first. But we have no choice. I had also used Foliar Essence every 5 days on her.
    But she grew very well.
    When I cut her down I jokingly weighed the main cola - 106 grams - soaking wet. In my climate I cannot dry it that big so I cut it apart. Ended up with 110 grams all dried.
    Now I thought she was going to grow bigger cuz of the pot size - but no. Only grew to 26 inches.
    Here's what I had.

​​​

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I see that I wrote 5-gallon but they are in 3 gallon cloth pots, and kind soil which is topped with Pro mix BX. Thank you guys for your replies. I won't toss them but I am concerned

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      And another thing I think I may have done which wasn't so great was once I saw that there was any roots except one little Taproot coming through the bottoms of each rapid Rooter plug I planted them at that stage into the 3 gallon pots. On the last grow I waited until there are numerous little white Roots sticking out of the bottom of the rapid Rooter plugs. I may have moved them a little too early and maybe it shocks them.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Greenpassion, it don't take much to slow them down does it ? They should be nice young plants at day 21. Thats about a third of their life, Way bigger than 3inches,anyway.
      You might as well let them grow though, less you need room.

21 days is a long time for autos, wait it out u just don’t know, my experience wit autos has been good so far, as I see it the high temps caused the stunting other than ditching them, what choice do u havebut to stay in there and keep swinging 👍lol

Comment

Man it sucks i didn't post my last grow to show you this...I had a Purple Glam Kush seed in a 6L pot with garden soil under 600w HPS. It grew 4 nodes but was fluorescent pale green and a total 2 inch tall for about 2 weeks. Then it grew some tiny side branches that i tied all down ,the total height must've been less than 4-5 inches. IT STAYED THERE!! for another 45 days the plant did nothing but grow into another 3 inches...So thats 8 inches and 60 days old....I dried her pot to the point she were to die of thirst and gave her a good calmag dose and boom! Day 70 shes rushing vertical and for the next 43 days she grows and produces i think 3oz! Now i had 32-35C temps in there in her last 20 days so imagine without that and all the disturbance from an open tent to vent the heat..

Never give up on something with leaves and a root system.It is a weed,it will find it's way! Just don't go changing things all the time for her,keep it steady once you find what she likes (less water,more nutes,less light or w/e) and stick to treating her like that

Keep us posted and Keep it Green
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Nartak, thank you for that post. It gives me hope. Being as these are Auto the slowness which which they are developing had me believing that I was get nothing from them. Hopefully I will be wrong about ..

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greenpassion, maybe they will take off soon, an flower quickly.
        Hope so anyways.

Yea. Me too . Thanks @D.A.A.S.69...
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Good Day everyone Try to remember that we grow a weed. In nature the seed falls TO the ground( not in it ), Can lay there for YRS till conditions are right, then live long and prosper , Plant the 12 hr soaked seed direct in soil, double the seed size deep, cover, very lightly, tap down,give it a cup of water and watch her grow. I don't transplant autos I think i'm asking for problems. Genetics also play a part. I planted 4 of the same, 3 thirty+ in. the forth 6 in, six leaves and very small cola, She was micro dwarf. Keep things simple and let nature and the plant do her thing. And if thing crash and burn, do it again, you only learn with practice. Have fun.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't transplant autos anymore either, don't like taking the chance of slowing them down any.
          But I've transplanted plenty of autos before, but never again.

I wasn't really thinking that starting them in Rapid Rooter plugs and putting them directly in their final part was transplanting. I start them in the rapid Rooter plugs on a warming Matt under very low light and they do super well. This goes directly into their final pot. If I were to put them in their final pot I would have no way to keep a 3 gallon grow bag warm on the bottom.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          You wouldn't need to warm the bottom of a 3gallon pot...The seed is on the top,just keep it under the light,a bit further for starters...No? I just have a humidity dome wher ei put my rooters in after placing the seeds in point down and leave them there under the light till they pop,then after they get a node or two i put them in their final pots...

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I have a feeling that these five stunted ak48 are stunted because of heat fluctuations in that room. Not necessarily or possibly anyway how I started them out from seed. I'm struggling with keeping the fluctuations down. It goes from 70 at night to 81 or higher during the day unless I get in there and get a fan in the window pulling cool air in. I have a hot oil heater now that comes on for two hours of the six that they are in lights out, in hopes that the Heat won't go below 70 in the dark. I put the small fan in the window dormer, blowing in, on a timer set to stop pulling cool air in when the lights go out. We're in such a transition phase here in New England. Right now it's freezing rain outside and 34 degrees. Room #2, is now set up, that's the 12 12 room, and I have one photo Northern Lightst in there. The temps are hanging right around 70. She's beginning to flower, but losing lower leaves. I probably have to top dress her again with kind soil. She's been in a 5-gallon cloth pot for several months now with kind soil. I top dressed her once, and I've been feeding her pH water with molasses and recharge, but it looks like she needs another boost. It's a tough juggling act it seems to try to take slow developing autos through to harvest when I am on a time constraint with their seed to harvest time and a time constraint with a photo in kind soil.
          Last edited by Greenpassion; 10-27-2018, 10:40 AM.

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          The temp fluctuation is great! Temperatures should be right between 70F and 85F (id say 80-82 is fine,after that you need Co2 to maintain growth levels and health...

Stick to your feed just get a CalMag that has a bit of K not only N.

The night and day flux is better for the plant than harmful , gives the plant time to grow and repair. Also watering with molasses and what ever recharge is like watering your plant with syrup!!! Don't need it. Screws up PH...Give her a chance to use what she has..More is not always better And I love New England weather

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Heat might have been your problem, idk.
          But keep using Molasses, like you did on your last grow, it definitely helps your microbes an your Bud swelling.
          You know what to do, ole buddy, you will get 40different answers, on here. Some information, might be good, some Will be Bad. Anyway good luck.
          Before long you want even have to PH anything,

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks D.A.A.S.69. I also have something else that I would like to talk over. I'm in a huge rush but I'll send you a p.m. When I get a chance probably tomorrow. It's in regards to thinking about moving away from kind soil.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Greenpassion, anytime, old Bud.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X