Seedsman is terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedsman is terrible

Spent 2 hours yesterday and 3 hours today trying to make an order from seedsman. The website is set up for bait and switch. Took an email to work around bait and switch. Customer service is very difficult to contact and then just automated. Had to call my bank 3 times. Finally the bank told me the problem was on seedsman end. Bank told me that the Tigre distributing is known for high amount of fraud. I don't know if my order went through or not. They say they are working on it and check my account section. Account says all orders are cancelled. I have no idea what the status of my order is. They will not respond now. I will call the bank tomorrow and if there is no charge I will order somewhere else. They say they offer a lot of freebies but I can't get them. So far my experience with seedsman sucks. Never again!

Buddy im sorry to hear you went through hell for your seeds. First of,if you are looking for EU based i can happily tell you the ones i use (Most breeders have EU stores to ship from anyway).

Seedsman has a great rep for their delivery and promos + freebies. Im on a private session on firefox which doesn't save any cookies/info and data so going into seedsman i can see that your claim about the baiting not being valid. Also their search engine is one of the best in terms of filters to narrow down the search to almost precisely what you want. I myself have never ordered from them so i cant tell you about the money handling part nor the frauds but i highly doubt it as it has thousands of reviews on the site that trustpilot finds legit.

I use zamnesia most of the time and ghq/fastbuds if im doing single breeder shopping..

Most companies now ship from Spain or Amsterdam so you can always go directly to their site and order,usually have 3+1 3+5 or similar offers aswell...

Good luck with your order man
    Keep it Green
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are misusing the term bait and switch, where a company shows you a product (bait) then really gives you something different (switch).
      If a company only offers bit coin for payment, than the switch could never theoretically happen in terms of payment methods.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      ".I only use top rated sites from seedfinder.eu ,call me oldschool lol"

Yes seedfinder is great. i have used it often.
      Last edited by starramus; 10-25-2018, 07:38 PM.

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      bait and switch applies to discounts as much as product.

Contact herbies. You won’t be disappointed. I also had a good experience with sol seeds. But herbies has the larger selection.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Seedsman is OK unless you have your order confiscated by the customs pirates. If so you can count on 25 business days until they resend the order. This happened once a couple of years ago, and now this year. It's a bitch, but it is not their fault. As for payment I use a no foreign transaction fee credit card. I have a CapitalOne, and a Citi that do not charge. As for Bitcoin its value fluctuates too wildly for my taste. I set up an account with Coinbase, but do not use it.

Ruth with customer service at Seedsman has always solved my problems. Hope you have better luck with that order.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        I have used other companies in EU before and will again not seedsman.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry for your bad experience, but a credit card with no foreign transaction fee will solve your problem. CapitalOne is great, but it depends upon the specific card from them.

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        This is all on my cap one card. Have had it 15 years no problems with international transactions. They stopped first try with Tigre dist. because they are red flagged for fraud.. After that is was problem on seedsman end. Ruth is who told me to call my bank and bank said seedsman was problem. Been doing business with cap one 15 years seedsman one time. I believe cap one.

I used to like Seedsman. But since they went with the Bitcoin shit, they won't take my credit card anymore, I started using other suppliers.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        You are right unless you use bit coin you get crap service

i've used Seedsman quite a few times in the past and never had any issues. They forgot to include a freebie seed pack on one order and shipped it when I called and let them know. Bitcoin was the reason I used Seedsman but Bitcoin is now a PITA for me. Still use Seedsman
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        When Bitcoin went from $900 to over $20,000 I said goodbye. That is pure unadulterated insanity!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those kind of swings in bit coin is exactly how a pay for shipping and a few extra seeds that I didn’t plan on buying otherwise.

Call me old school, but I don't understand how this Bitcoin shit works...I'm trying US based companies.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You purchase bit coins (I use Coinbase to purchase mine)... you watch the value. You order the seeds, they send you a bar code link and you send your bit coins directly to the link. If something goes wrong, they refund your bit coin account (assuming it’s a legit reputable business). Best part is, if you buy bit coin when the value is down and order seeds while bit coin value is up, you can use the profit in market value to have better purchasing power. Of corse there is always the opposite that can happen as well. It’s not for everyone, but if you pay attention to the market you can increase your spending power.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sol seeds is US based and trust worthy. Also, they ship based on you sending them a money order. They ship your order as soon as they receive the valid tracking number for the MO.
        Last edited by Toker1; 10-25-2018, 06:28 PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Pyro, coinbase is super-easy to use: https://www.coinbase.com

I thought I wouldn't be able to use bitcoin until I found coinbase.

seems seed suppliers have been getting bad reputation.have had no problems with seedsman or mnsl. however the bank is a different story they shut down my card last time. IMO its probably they are scared of the feds plus i imagine a bazillion people want seeds nowadays. yes im in a legal state.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you call ahead to tell your bank you were making an out of country purchase? They might have flagged that as an unusual purchase, shutting down the card due to fear of identity theft? Just guessing.

• Ell
        Ell commented
        Editing a comment
        your probably right only buy seeds ounce or twice a year

Seedsman is not customer friendly unless you use bitcoin they suck.

Comment

I found the BOGOF rules on the breeder page...

"Buy One Get One Free on ALL Garden Of Green Seeds
        You must add strains in increments of 2 "

I also remembered having created an account on seedsman to check all offers and promos and the thing that i liked the most as that they have a very efficient checkout system that applies gifts promos and discounts just before you checkout and move on to paying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fullscreen capture 2018-10-26 09_11_57.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	261087

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fullscreen capture 2018-10-26 09_12_22.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	261088

Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
        600W

LED
        2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
        BioBizzLight Mix
        Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
        Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
        Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
        CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
        Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Had a similar experience with seedsman. Said my order was canceled even though I paid in full. Took some time reaching them trough the support system. Never really got an explanation as to why it said my order was canceled. However I'll give them a pass since the freebies are top notch.

Comment

Try to use new 420 guy trust me there's no crap involved. Easy ordering easy payment easy shipping and great seeds with freebies and best of all Paul will talk to you through email or even phone. I started 2 seeds from him recently and they are way ahead of other I've tried. Remember sometimes these big wig breeders are full of poop and their awesome seeds so they say never show or sprout for that matter. And that's if they show

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've grown a few New420Guy autos , an never had any trouble, except the buds get kinda big.lol

• Pyro1711
              Pyro1711 commented
              Editing a comment
              So far 420guy seeds are growing like weeds..lmao... sorry had to say it. I'm impressed so far with the ones I have going, real nice healthy plants.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              The only issue with New Guy is a few of us ordered Auto Regular by mistake thinking we ordered auto fem. Our fault not Paul's. I planted 3 sour lowrider Auto Regular and all 3 are female, got lucky I guess.

Maybe things have changed. Seedsman now gives their address in Spain. Still waiting for a resend of my last order. I must wait until November 6 having ordered way back in September. Not going to put Seedsman on my Shit List just yet. https://youtu.be/AkmLpTXbNDQ

Comment

What is great about Seedsman is that will get you seeds from other breeders that will not ship to the US. For instance they got me White Russians from Serious Seeds who will not fuck with American customs!

Comment

Toker1 got a link to someone having issue with newguy420? I have not heard any ill words. I have only heard praise. Any info is appreciated.
                TIA
                "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Toker1, we ain't all pros like, you are, lol
                  Call Paul, he can tell you.lol
                  By the way ,I've had trouble with Herbies too, Very slow. Not very friendly either.Horrible Customer service, also had problems with OriginalSeeds too, never received our order, not buying from them either again.
                  I've had plenty of seeds not germinate, from a bunch of different seedbanks.
                  But out of the 7-8autos I've grown from New420Guy, they all have germinated, an were all autos ,not photos.
                  Trust me on this one BonzaSeeds is not very good either, but at least you get your seeds though, lol

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks DAAS. But I’m just a hobby grower really... I do look into where my genetics come from. It’s not very difficult to do.
                  Never had a bad experience with Herbies before. I have 100% germination rates from them so far, only been using them for 5 years now. It’s all about how the seeds are stored.
                  So are you and Paul really close? Just asking.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Toker1, don't even know the man, Ain't talked to him but 4-5times on the phone, but he is a very nice , an friendly dude, just another old pothead, that loves to grow an smoke MJ,, like a bunch of folks.
                  Plus great service.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X