Calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Calcium deficiency?

So at 1st I thought I just had light burn but I had another look and I found a couple brown spots scattered across her. I haven't really been giving any nutes besides some camg and biomarine. I now have biothrive grow (GO line) and biothrive bloom .But I haven't used them yet because I saw nute burn. The reason I haven't used much nutes is because she's in pre bough super soil.

I'm thinking I should just do a fertigation with regular strength nutes and ca-mg, and get some run off happening. I've actually never seen run off yet I'm scared to over water it . What do y'all think I should do?

looks like shes starving, it could be due to lack of nutrients but more likely ph could be off. it looks way too yellow and the branches look deep purple, thats an overall sign of starvation

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea that's dumb what's the point of pre made super soil that's 2x or 3x the price of regular soil if you still need all the nutrients? I'll never use that dirt again.

And the stems have always been purple like that , it's purple kush! But I never noticed if they were getting more purple so your probably still right. I also used in buffered coco in there about 30% coco so it's probably sucking the calcium out.

As for the pH I make sure that is ACCURATE going into the dirt, I always check that and i have calibrated my pen just recently

If you are using tap water, you might be causing a lock out. Plenty of calcium in tap as is. I only recommend cal-mag for RO water.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea no doubt! But I think I should still use nutes during the flush no? I don't want to change the EC to drastically at once

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Soil is like a buffer. It already contains minerals that have an EC count. If you remove all minerals your EC will be zero. Tap water has an EC count, RO has an EC of zero. As long as you are using tap water... you will have an EC count (even before adding nutrients).
      I would flush with plain tap prior to adding anything else.

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright man thanks so much for all the help!!

Perhaps the roots haven't reached the s.s., yet. If it were mine I would flush with a couple gallons of ph water and follow with a gallon of 1/2 strength neuts. with a shot of cal-mag, then give her a week. I don't think one flush will wash the good out of it.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, what's s.s.? And yea I'm not to worried about washing the "good stuff" at this point it's been 8 weeks and she's barely a foot so I'm just using all my own nutes anyway. I feel like there's probably alot of salt at the roots cause I've never done a flush. I was just worried about killing it from to much water haha

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      S.S. short for super soil. I tried it once, was not impressed. When you flush,water slowly and evenly so all the soil gets saturated. You'll get a lot of run off so put her inna sink or have your shop vac handy.

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha I'm in the same boat, not impressed. I'll definitely do that thanks!

Overwatering in soil is not hard to control. Don't water everyday! You should be watering to get a trickle of runoff in your saucer just enough that the plant will suck it back up within a few hours and you can check the pH. wait to water until your soil dried out and your pot is light, this could be anywhere between three and five days. If you have been watering every day in small amounts this is most likely why you have slow growth! water log roots can cause PH problems and Plant roots don't grow when they don't need to find water.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Naw I water it every 3-5 days right now actually but I've been giving it about .25 of a gallon. So I figured any more would just take to long to dry out. But I'll try and get some run off! Thanks

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      How big are your pots?

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      10gallon smart pots!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X