Activated Carbon Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activated Carbon Pellets

Thinking of mixing activated carbon pellets with my plant's soil, do you think it will increase the amount of light my plant can process?

it will not be beneficial for your plant, carbon sticks to everything so it will steal nutrients from the soil and water

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      well thats a no brainer, they sell the carbon. a single gram of activated charcoal can have up to 3,000 square meters of surface area with pores 2 microns in size. anything going inside its going to stay inside and roots cannot get them, thats why its used to filter. those numbers are from wikipedia

but i agree dont take my word, take clones and do a side by side with and without carbon and let us know (:

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol try re-reading the article. Suggests biocarbon, not the kind you researched on wikipedia.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry if I was confusing in the last post. I was speaking about this product.

Thanks for the responses, great link toker, I'm gonna try it and continue watering with carbonated water. It's my first grow so hope I don't fuck it up! Got2 plants so maybe I'll just mix the pellets with one and keep the other as a control

Comment

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      If this is you first grow, just try to keep them deficiency free. If you can do that you are well on your way

Maybe I'll stick to biochar

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X