Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm ... 2nd week into veg stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm ... 2nd week into veg stage

The real McCoy ?? Not sure this is the kind from the 70's. One phenotype seems to have more indica in her. The second a bit more of sativa in her and the 3rd one well not sure yet but she looks more of an indica.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

No sticks,No seeds that u don’t need, Acapulco gold is some bad ass weed, good luck

Comment

I'm subbed! I want to grow some of my AG seeds soon. They do NOT look like Sativas: those are some fat ass leaves!!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Ok here what I read so far, she is not the true Acapulco Gold I grew back in the 70's. Barney's Farm did a hybrid of it, a sativa dominant strain, I'm not sure how much indica she has..... will let you know during the weeks to come. Barney's Farm took the name and copyright it.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that kinda sucks...

The landrace seeds from the 70’s would not produce the high quality dank buds that the hybrids of today can produce.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No...but the genetic breeding has changed since the 70’s. Human intervention in this process has changed potency levels in MJ.
          Like I said, I have grown and smoked the Afghan landrace. It was nothing compared to the hybrid that we all know and love today.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks Toker1, Once the AG is cured, il will let you know the comparaison between the original from the past and the hybrid of today. Oh by the way just finish curing my Afghan from AMS, I would say it is stronger from the one I used to smoke. Cheers ! Oh yes I grew back then also Columbian Red , Blue Hawaii , Thai and my first hybrid was AK-47.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 10-16-2018, 07:16 PM.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Not too many people on here have ever bought a lid before. Lol I think you will notice the difference in the amount you need these days.

Totally agree Toker1. I'm speaking from experience because I just vaped some Barney's Farm AG. and it eehh while eehh what where we talking about?

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL

What kind of accent do you have, does it change when you have a drink or two? 😁

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Lurking, only the people who have to listen to me think I have a accent. I don't.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL fair enough 😁

So you are telling me that some of you did smoke it back in the 70's and you like the Barney's Farm much better ?? Just asking !! If so then I should take care of my 3 girls until harvest hey ?? lolll Remember growers this will be my first attempt to Barney's Farm"s Acapulco Gold.
        Full auto grow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I would think that BF added some Indica for some kind of stabilization; this chemovar won the first place Sativa High Times Cann. Cup in 2010, so I assume it's kick ass.

Barney's site says 30% Indica.

Indica %: 30%

Sativa %: 70%

Ruderalis %: 0%

Indica/Sativa: Mostly Sativa

Medical Level: Medium

Medical: Yes

Taste: Citurs, Coffee, Creamy, Pine, Sweet, Woody https://www.barneysfarm.com/acapulco-gold-26

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          0% Indica in the original landrace.

Ok thanks growers. More pics this morning with some Kali China
        Full auto grow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The gray/purple is very easy to look at. Very nice pics!

Topping the girls
        Full auto grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X