No announcement yet.

"Cannabis Act" - Canada's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of stupid laws - how about stupid governments.
    Less than 48 hours before this act comes into effect - laws are still not in place.

Federal Government has left a lot of legislation open for provincial interpretation they in turn have then left just as much up to the municipalities and cities to makes rules on.

Three levels of government all passing the buck.

Here's a big laughable complications where I live - The whole province are voting for new mayors and school boards and such this weekend.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      Parts I did read was on cultivation.

Basically says for growers that one can only have 4 plants growing at one time.
      Not sure where the rules are on the size - I didn't see any. Maybe that part is left up to Provincial legislation.

Its does say plants can not be visible from a road.

I can't find where it might restrict a person on how many plants per year. I just read 4 plants growing at one time. I can do that easy 3 times a year - I'm doing it now, on my third grow of 4 plants this year.

It does say 4 plants per household - not 4 plants each person.

One can purchase up to 30 grams each purchase and can only walk around with 30 grams or less in your pocket.

Not sure where it says how much a person growing can store at one time.

It will be interesting cuz every level of government wants their hand in the 'pot'.
      -No limit on plant size, this also includes plant training techniques.
      -No limit on personal storage within your personal dwelling (you can store as much as you want for personal use, from personal grows)

-If you are a med patient you can carry up to 150g or 2 months of prescription, whichever is lesser. In addition you can carry 30g of personal recreational use.

As previously stated, a lot of it is also down to provincial and municipal legislation.

Comment

Less than a week now.
        Wonder how many fellow Canadians - or interested followers - have had a look at our new acts with laws.

I have perused it from start to finish - doesn't mean I read it all - 30 years of familiarity in reading government rules and regulations.
        75% of this new act is all geared towards the commercial aspect of getting permits and HOW you can sell. Labeling is a big thing - nothing to entice preteens.

Parts I did read was on cultivation.

Basically says for growers that one can only have 4 plants growing at one time.
        Not sure where the rules are on the size - I didn't see any. Maybe that part is left up to Provincial legislation.

Its does say plants can not be visible from a road.

I can't find where it might restrict a person on how many plants per year. I just read 4 plants growing at one time. I can do that easy 3 times a year - I'm doing it now, on my third grow of 4 plants this year.

It does say 4 plants per household - not 4 plants each person.

One can purchase up to 30 grams each purchase and can only walk around with 30 grams or less in your pocket.

Not sure where it says how much a person growing can store at one time.

It will be interesting cuz every level of government wants their hand in the 'pot'.
        I read it and like your self zeroed in on the four plant limit. Four Plants. No clones, No seedlings but only four plants. No size restriction I could find, however one should exercise common since if growing out side between neighbors. Besides if the plant is huge and growing out side it is just screaming Steal Me....

The part about warrants was troubling, no judge, rather a J.P with some witness testimony get them a warrant to have complete access to everything, including locked doors, safes Every Thing. I would keep every buddy out, furnace guys weather they are form rental company or sales. Especially the fire department with there safety checks. I guess if one is only growing four then no issue other then a undisclosed watch list.

I think it will be hard to have only four at all times, perhaps six in the end, but hey once you have enough mason jars four might be the right amount with two strains.

I wonder how the wine and beer maker laws compare, I suspect they are more generous towards them and there craft.

Comment

Originally posted by changeofpace2014 View Post

The part about warrants was troubling, no judge, rather a J.P with some witness testimony get them a warrant to have complete access to everything, including locked doors, safes Every Thing. I would keep every buddy out, furnace guys weather they are form rental company or sales. Especially the fire department with there safety checks. I guess if one is only growing four then no issue other then a undisclosed watch list.

In Canada a JP can issue a 487(1) search warrants. They didnt lower the bar for the cannabis act. Also for OP, i would check your provincial regulations, they are the one you have to follow. Ex: In Quebec you CANT grow at all.
          Souce: I used to write warrants for a living.

Comment

Speaking of stupid laws - how about stupid governments.
            Less than 48 hours before this act comes into effect - laws are still not in place.

Federal Government has left a lot of legislation open for provincial interpretation they in turn have then left just as much up to the municipalities and cities to makes rules on.

Three levels of government all passing the buck.

Here's a big laughable complications where I live - The whole province are voting for new mayors and school boards and such this weekend.
            48 hours and loose laws...How about 1 hr 6min and no knows how much the bud will be, let alone you can not even browse the web site, but hey here is some real entertainment https://ocslearn.ca/faq/.

I seriously doubt they will have a working site by 12:00 am Oct 17 2018, it will be like the best IPO ever and a billion people trying to log in and get in on the action...by the way Google has the domain, I was just curious who was hosting the OCS no worries here for Canadians trying to keep uncle sam out of there business as it is hosted from California..ha ha ..

Dam my grow set up seems so far from being ready, and to top it off my jeep toasted the new wheel bearing and need another one. I have to confess I kicked the dam b""..because she is cutting in to me weed budget...

Comment

Seems like the grand opening of cannabis law will have several issues... document all you do

Comment

It’s just stupid we have stricter laws now that it is legal than when it wasnt
                also at $9-$16 dollars a gram it’s a joke
                swart black market my ass they just want the cash
                4'x 6' x 8' room
                2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                sunshine mix #4
                mega crop nutes
                current grow
                cd-1
                jack herer
                afghan kush
                green doctor

Comment

How’s the Hemp prices, or rather CBD rich varieties?
                  Grow and good luck
                  Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X