Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall, Are you saying that your wife doesn't want to leave where you're at and leave the family, grandkids etc? You got 17 acres where you are now.... That's a sweet thing.

And yes, when we get into our 60s (mid for me), we have a long perspective on history and how our culture has changed over the past 40 or so years. I try not to sound like an old fart when I complain about students who can't read books anymore cuz they're too busy texting; my only real concern is for the planet right now....

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    As you get older, some things change. Very few of them good. I am so sad to finally admit to mortality as I do feel I’ve got too much stuff to do yet. My wife comes from a nice sized mid west dairy farm and I from small town but city sized America. When we moved to a suburb of a city, about 70 miles away< I figured we were free from urban crawl. We have 17 acres of privacy and I had adopted a rural life style. My wife sees the light of the city in the distance and can find any mall within 75 miles. Since the 1990’s. Development is rampant.... volumes of people , cars and strip malls...chain restaurants,medical buildings...you have probably seen it. Makes my blood pressure jump 30 points

Yet in 37 years, we are the best friends in the whole world. Here’s how it changes; you eventually get a house , pay a mortgage, fight to breathe thru debt as some years get lean, raise kids, those kids have kids and now you have grandchildren and the roots that you establish are harder to break for some than anything you may have seen. Me.... I can’t wait to get the f out of here, that is the exact opposite for my better half. The mid west state she comes from .... traffic: cows, people few and far between. Lifestyle....wow.

I know I’ll not see that except for a few day visit to her family which has dwindled down over the years too. Shit, must have woke up weird today to write this. Either way, it is not the first time this story has passed thru my head. Sorry, no way intended as a bummer, only an awareness of where we all are, or at least I am. And trust me, I’m still looking at 30 years more if God plans it but looking how fast the last years a gone by....keep awake

Follow your dreams....plan them well first however.
    Last edited by Farmall; 10-14-2018, 08:44 AM.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    SinsemillaScientist, I want to move to Oregon too, we have got friends from Ms.
    That moved to Bend, Oregon, and love it out there.
    Have fun.

• SinsemillaScientist
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup I so would, you're such a strong spirtiual energy! And it's funny you mention tiny home, because thats the plans I have as well haha!! found the twenty acres i want ,and all in the process now of getting the loan sorted and what not, im sad to leave all of my family and friends but me n mine know its for whats in our best interests, and are podunky town hates homosexuals but thats a whole other bridge to cross lol.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Rational might be too strong 😁

IMO It is guided by greed. Gov wants tax $, Gov buddies are locking down supplying the Gov Cannabis Stores, my province has opted for Gov to manage the sale, rather than privatise and give everybody a chance to make $)

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Tee hee

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    SinsemillaScientist Take me with you!!! And build me a tiny house with a large grow room. ;-}

• SinsemillaScientist
    commented on 's reply
    I live in a very rural area thats pretty much overrun with methamphetamine, heroine, phentenol, and noarcotics are everywhere. My town alone has had 83 drug busts in the last 5 years for chemical drugs, narcotics and a ton of class ones. Sadly my town has 400 people, trying ro move to oregon some time this spring and get the hell outta dodge if ya know what i mean

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with your dad: I've lived all over this country and in many ways, each region is just like a different country.

I think that if I could afford to move to a progressive and legal cannabis state, I would; BUT, I don't have that kinda cheese. So I'll just continue being an outlaw...

• Farmall
    replied
    I never thought that I would live and work in a place, contribute to the betterment of the community, raise my family and when I get to retire,( IF), I will not be able to stay in that community due to so many out of control costs,taxes, and now.... my personal freedoms. I will probably need to move to a state that allows us to enjoy the little we will have left to really enjoy unencumbered ... it’s a little disturbing. My dad would always say, “we live in 50 different countries, not 1 United States. When you cross a state border, you face a completely different set of rules and laws”

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    It’s easy to see that once $$$$$ enters into it... all rational plans go bye bye.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    D.A.A.S.69 Totally. When our two dumb ass states legalize--now that will be a day to celebrate a modern miracle. Of course Canada made a rational (although greedy and controlling) decision. Canada IS rational.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'd grow 8 plants: what are they gonna do to you; how are they gonna know; who the fk cares what you do in the privacy of your own home.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    So you have to hide the other adults in the basement?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I say it's cuz they don't want any outlaw sellers. And I say the home grown bud is always gonna be better than the "licensed" sellers: it's gonna have all the heart and soul.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X