1st grow, male or female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow, male or female

After doing a lot of research, I'm assuming this is a male plant. But since this is my first grow I wanted know for sure. It is in week 7 of a hydroponic grow.

Do look that way

Comment

Well that’s a real sausage party, sorry

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        On another note however, you did capture an awesome pic of a phenomena of the crossed stipules which I hear is known to show male gender, whereas in females the stipules tend to be spread and not crossed,
        Do you have plans for a male or do you have other plants in your grow?

pretty ballsy.

Comment

Well that is a bummer, but I've learned so much from this forum and this bad boy is super healthy, I feel completely confident I can finally break out the good seeds.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
          NAKEDGARDENER commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey you recognized it and checked without embarrassment and I love that, it’s still an awesome plant and to be fair I adore male plants.. I often grow males just cuz I love em but always outside for me. I asked if you had plans cuz I thought if you had room somewhere you might eep him for a while, congrats on your learning curve man, I cannot wait to see your grow with the fruity ladies ...

@nakedgardner I don't have any plans for this guy, I've just been using random seeds to learn how to grow. If it turned out to be female, well that would have been a huge bonus.

Comment

I will definitely be keeping him. He's my first successful grow and trust me, it took quite a few grows and a lot of hard lessons learned.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            Good on ya, there is nothing like taking a plant of this be,loved species all the way through to old age I. An tell ya, . I once had a seven year o,d male in my garden in England. I built him a lil shed for the winter months and never really did much but prune, but then one day a friend and I introduced him to a sexy young lassy and by bingo seeds were awesome from that momma later on. It was over thirty years ago now and most of my details of that are faded but he was huge.. very very huge.. stem like an elephants trunk lol.

Howdy Kryses, It looks a little early to say whether it is a male plant or not. It still has a 'streamlined' narrow shape, rather than a swollen 'ballsie' look to it. I would give it a little more time, to see if any pistils pop out or not.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X