DE 630w CMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DE 630w CMH

Has anyone tried this bulb (detailed in subject line) out?DrPhoton any input? I’m thinking about switching out my DE 600w MH/HPS for this bulb.
    I’m guessing I will see increased oil production, faster veg growth, but a decrease in overall yield of dried smokable flowers?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Its about the same as MH/HPS. I would recommend them to new growers or growers willing to simplify their system. However not to exhisting growers.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! 👍
      So it seems like I would be better off getting one of those UV lights that go in the T5HO fixture. I got a few of those fixtures laying around somewhere.
      Maybe add that as wall side lighting?
      I’m just looking to boost my oil production.
      Is there a specific distance the plants need to be away from that UV bulb?
      And how many hours per day should I stress them with that type of wavelength, I’m thinking 3-4?

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Its typically used in the last 2-3 weeks as it has been known to reduce the photosynthesis in leaves. And so you must find a balance between resin production and yield. As how long you use UV for will affect both. Some products are either made for or recommended by manufacturers for cannabis and so should look for those that do. As they will likely produce the wavelength (UVB) that is desired and sometimes provide their recommended operating instructions that work well with that specific product.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. So I was thinking last 2-3 weeks to turn on for 4 hours during the middle of the lights on cycle.
      I was thinking a 6” air gap between sidewall UV light and plants.
      I was looking at this...

So you are saying there are lights that are commercially available that produce uv-b...I assume they also produce UV-a at the same time (like the one in the link does)? Or is there a product you know of that only produces UV-b? Is that even a possibility?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X