Hydro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Hydro question

nirvana white widow seeds. Paper towel method for 4 of them. Planted in peat and perlite mix. All doing great. Killed one cause I sprayed some nutes on it... burned it up I guess. Plan is to wait until the 3 get 6 inches tall and a decent root ball and transfer to hydro bucket. Will shaking the dirt off the roots and sticking them far down in the clay pebbles be too stressful for them? They're in 3 inch plastic pots now. Should I just transfer to 5 gal buckets with potting soil? Would rather go hydro, but don't want to kill plants. Any suggestions?

I don't see the problem with transplanting plants from soil into hydro. I've done it many times. Just make sure to carefully rinse off whatever remaining soil the roots have and just place it deep in the clay pebbles. Again, just be very careful with the roots. Good luck with your grow.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• gpark1985
      gpark1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also have 4 - 200w "rated" cfl's hanging from a hippy cord I call it. Plug, some nice insulated cord and a mogul socket. About 8ft long. Anyway, only running 2 of them since plants are still babies. Gonna crank up the other 2 lamps when I transplant to hydro. Question is... 4 of those cfl's have to equal at least a 400w hps maybe even a 600. Thoughts?

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, I never used CFL’s to grow any of my plants, so I’m not too familiar with how effective those can be if used all the way through. I’m sure many use them to start off their plants, but once the mid veg and flower cycles kick in, you’re going to need some serious grow lights such as some T5’s, MH, HPS or LED’s. If you’re on a tight budget, then I suppose you can grow with several CFL’s all the way through (I personally don’t recommend). However, if you can afford it, get yourself a 400W/600W HID light system (I prefer 600W) or some cheap (but effective) LED’s. Prices have gone down for either system. You’re going to need some good lights, especially for your 4 plants. Hope that helps some. Good luck with your growth

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X