Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Hanger Recommendations and your Custom Light Hanger Pics Please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Hanger Recommendations and your Custom Light Hanger Pics Please..

Hey Guys / That means Everybody...

I started off with 6ft 7 in planned height but had to regroup because of the drop ceiling (dam) Now the Max height is 6 ft 4 in but I had to give up two inches for the return in the furnace room ceiling, now we only have 6 ft 1 in to work with and the grow box is framed with the intake and exhaust. O started to skin in with the first/ middle layer of heavy black garbage bags.

So I have planned for a 6 in carbon filter and the chosen fan will take up 10 in. The led frame is 2 x 3 ft and about 4 in with the heatsink fans. The bottom line here is we are now down to 5 1/2 ft or so maybe a little more with respect to Maximum light height. sorry not going back down stairs to confirm.

From what I have read the light hangers can take up much needed real estate and I was hoping some of you have came up with some ideas, of how to minimize the loss. Also I was hoping for some feed back on which brands of light hangers are Easy to Adjust and Trouble free.

Thanks Guys for any feed back.

Are you talking about the 4-wire hangers that come with most LED lamps? The ones that came with mine were almost 12" so I now use a piece of solid 12 gauge electric wire with the lanyards. If needed I can remove the lanyards to gain another 6" and attach the lamp directly to the ceiling mount leaving about 1" of clearance for fan air circulation.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

You know that you will have the ultimate grow room for FLAT TOPPED plants even with keeping your lights as close up to the max height as possible. I don't have photos (because I don't have your height limitations - yet) but it occurs to me that the only way to get your LEDs as high up as possible is NOT to use the hangers at all but rather rest your lights on supports that span the width/length of your grow space. The support could be/might be, inexpensive electrical metal conduit pipe (1/2" or smaller) or even some tightly strung wire. The conduit could easily support the weight of as many lights as you can align in the length of the pipe but could interfere with some of the lenses. The tightly strung wire or cable might need to be supported in the middle by wires to the ceiling depending on the width of the room and the number of lights. BUT at least, in the case of adding support wires to your wires/cables, you can do this between the lights and keep your fixtures within 5" or 6" of the ceiling.

Good luck with this.

Crow

Comment

With limited light height, look into limiting plant height. Enter in the search bar and study up on scrog,manifold, and supercrop. Make the little darlins bend to your will, and produce they will. You got this!

Comment

Just what Primo said.... had I not LST’d the 4 ladies mostly in order to get light into the core, they would be near 4’ tall currently and they are 8 weeks old. While they are nearly wider than tall, that will do a lot for you. I have noticed that within 8 hours of the bend... they’re curving back towards the light

Comment

Supercrop ftw! 😆 cable ties instead of the carabiners😉.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Originally posted by hycheese View Post
              Are you talking about the 4-wire hangers that come with most LED lamps? The ones that came with mine were almost 12" so I now use a piece of solid 12 gauge electric wire with the lanyards. If needed I can remove the lanyards to gain another 6" and attach the lamp directly to the ceiling mount leaving about 1" of clearance for fan air circulation.
              Hey Highcheese - Thanks for the pic and information- In you pic it looks like you are giving up 4 or 5 inches to the pully system. I really want a means to easylymov ethe light up, but there is no way I can give another 4 or 5 inches, because that will put he light down to under 5 ft, probably 4 1/2/ . I am staring to think Vice Grips and some cable with some form of fail safe in case I slip up and drop 1 side while adjusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                You know that you will have the ultimate grow room for FLAT TOPPED plants even with keeping your lights as close up to the max height as possible. I don't have photos (because I don't have your height limitations - yet) but it occurs to me that the only way to get your LEDs as high up as possible is NOT to use the hangers at all but rather rest your lights on supports that span the width/length of your grow space. The support could be/might be, inexpensive electrical metal conduit pipe (1/2" or smaller) or even some tightly strung wire. The conduit could easily support the weight of as many lights as you can align in the length of the pipe but could interfere with some of the lenses. The tightly strung wire or cable might need to be supported in the middle by wires to the ceiling depending on the width of the room and the number of lights. BUT at least, in the case of adding support wires to your wires/cables, you can do this between the lights and keep your fixtures within 5" or 6" of the ceiling.

Good luck with this.

Crow
                Hey Crow - since I had to move my outer led row inward, and thath left me about 8 " of tail on the fixture. I was thinking of adding a bar at the end with a eye hook in the middle, but that would proably be an issue to balance left / right. Like I said to Hycheese for his input I was starting to think vice grips and no pulley. Dam that might be hard to adjust whle standing over the girls ( no foot Room at all)/

Comment

Hey Primo - I panning on the Manifold technique and and bend / supper cropping I can do. The target height will be 4 ft and that is why I am asking about hangers because the real estate is shrinking so dam fast with the adjusted ceiling height, carbon scrubbers and the light fixture , let alone the light hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
                    Just what Primo said.... had I not LST’d the 4 ladies mostly in order to get light into the core, they would be near 4’ tall currently and they are 8 weeks old. While they are nearly wider than tall, that will do a lot for you. I have noticed that within 8 hours of the bend... they’re curving back towards the light
                    Hey Farmall thanks for the reply - I think the strains I have will Reach for The Stars and I hope Manifolding, and bending / tying down will allow me to keep below the 4 ft threshold. That is of coarse I can get a working solution for the light hanger. Dam alway build bigger and you might end up with what you planned for..

Comment

Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
                      Supercrop ftw! 😆 cable ties instead of the carabiners😉.
                      Hey Chefjby - I hope I can keep these strains under 4 ft with manifolding and bending and tying down but they are Old School Sativa strains. Dam I like the Sativa not much in to couch lock.

Comment

Trellis netting is your friend. I'd manifold the crap out of those girls and train the tops to cover the trellis. That should give you a bit more control over the stretch.
                        WHAT???
                        5x5 grow space
                        900w of Vero's and F-strips
                        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• changeofpace2014
                          changeofpace2014 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dam Gbauto - When this grow build gets off the ground, I guess I will have to t do a Sativa Journal . Plan on Manifolding and bending / tying down,..

Ok so I re worked the top skin and put it on the outside of the framing - This approach will make a few more inches. Spent some time viewing ratchet rope pics and it looks like the carabiner can be removed on most of them, making way for some sort of pin that will go through the end loop on the rope and my eye hook that is now almost flush to the top. I was thinking something like trailer hitch pin. The combined approach should get me back to 63 1/2 in max light height. Started at 6 ft 7in on paper but ended up with 6 ft 1 in (ceiling and stuff). The scrubber should be right at 6 "in - went to the depot to actually check the size of the 6" duct and the led frame with heat sink / fan takes up 3 1/2.

Thanks guys for the reply, feedback and suggestions.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X