I cannot figure this out. Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot figure this out. Any Ideas?

This weird development is only happenening with the two white widows. The third plant which is an Indica has no signs of this two tone leaf coloring even though it’s had exactly same feed environment etc.

Im wondering if anyone recognizes this type of lighter green side of leaves before, yes sorry had to take the pics under the HPS lamp, but the lighter coloring is almost a lime green in color against the more regular darker green of the leaf finger.

These plants were watered for weeks originally at a high ph of around 6.80 no nutes were given during veg stages, only began nutes just into their 12/12. Now we are mid way into week 7 and this sporadic leaf discloring whilst once a rare occurrence, is now increasing.

Im looking into deficiencies as well as perhaps nute lock, but I feel a soil test may help to determine the soil ph as well as what’s left in it, or more importantly what’s not left in it. At first I thought this issue was a genetic abnormalit but now I’m not so sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hey yeah thats a genetic mutation look it up on gwe some plants will produce two tone leaves, almost like partial albinism
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      SinsemillaScientist yes thank you, it does make more sense seeing as it’s only on two w.w. And not the one Indica. I did read that on the site before I even popped these so how ironic I have two with it huh?lol

• SinsemillaScientist
      SinsemillaScientist commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that is special! You possibly got two of the same phenos, or two of the same seed from the same mother, which would be astronomical probability wise. All the same congrats! Sorry for the late reply lots of things in the works at home, happy growing and good luck friend!

View an assortment of strange mutations and unique pictures of growing cannabis plants.

I have the same thing going on in my shop. Nothing to worry about. 😉
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Phew large sighs of relief here chaps. Thank you...

WW is an indica too. Not sure if that’s what you meant when you said the other was indica. Seems like you were saying the WW was not... might just be my interpretation of what I read though.
    I currently have 3 WW in the last few weeks of flower too. Mine got really finicky on me. Forgot to feed extra phosphorus during mid flower and lost some leaves. It recovered well, but damn that all happened really fast. Hoping yield won’t suffer this go.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought w.w. Was a hybrid of a Brazilian Sativa and a South Indian Indica, so the one at the back is an OG KUSH which is way more Indica dominant but still a Sativa hybrid. Sorry I didn’t mention that. Technically I tend to think that w.w. Is more Sativa leaning but that’s only in my mind and if I am wrong on that then I must have only ever had early harvested w.w.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s correct. Only it’s Indica dominant. Mine has fat thick leaves. Short plant. Here is the info on mine (photo period made by Dinafem).
      In the late nineties, White Widow earned admiration the world over, for all the right reasons as it was something new, different, with more resin than any other strain at the time. From then on, we have been receiving the legacy from that particular ...

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok mine are very tall and lanky, thin leaves more like a ruderalis. Unlike the og kush which has the fatter broader leaf fingers.

Yes I have had several white widows do that, athough mine are autos. To date on my current grow, one has that same coloration. The others currently are to young (30 days) to start that, it happens mid flower. Last grow I had my only white widow do the same thing. I didnt worry about it after I made sure all variables were correct. She produced some major bud that looked like they were covered in snow.

Comment

So I think I may have been Messi g with the ph a little too much. After a few more days since we all talked some more of this discoloration has appeared and at first it looked a bit like a copper deficiency, now I am convinced it cannot be that, but one thing I have been doing recently is to lower the ph of the nutes going in, and then sometime after the nute gap I have increased ph to say 6.60 or even 6.70. Now I know someone should be bollocking me for this however when using molasses I wanted to make sure the plants were able to get those minerals that are better available at a different ph range.. anyway from now on through end of flower which I think they have another two weeks left three at most, I will keep ph at 6.5 and only be using molasses at a half teaspoon per gallon of just water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X