Dry ice hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry ice hash

I finally decided to make some dry ice hash out of all the trimmings that I had (at least 4 different plants from previous harvests). Luckily, I was able to find some thinner poster board like material that made a suitable place to let the keif fall on to.

Took about 15 minutes to go through the process, and I got a decent amount of keif off it! I plan to go back and use the 60 micron bag (maybe the 25, I can't remember what the lowest one is in my set).

Thanks again GWE for showing me how to get as much use out of my plant as possible!
    ​​​
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Microscope action.

It's a lot clearer just looking in to the microscope. Hard to snap a good pic with a phone on it lol
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the 76-micron bag was the golden one. That's a lot of hash how much trim did you use to get that?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      How cool is that!! But you got a lot of green matter in there, so it may be a little harsh. I hope not too.

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is true. The 73 micron bag is supposed to be the golden one. It did come out quite green compared to my last attempt. I also used a 25 micron bag after, and it also came out a slight shade of green. Maybe I froze them for too long lol.

I used 4 different gallon ziplocked bags, but they were nowhere near full. If I had to guess, maybe a couple oz of trim, but I honestly have no idea.

It didn't seem too bad when I tried a little atu, but it definitely didn't taste as good as the golden stuff I have made in previous attempts.

Looking great! I have watched the GWE tutorial several times & hope to have enough to try some day. How do you store your trim until you use it? ☮ namaste
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Glitter, I dry my leaves in paper bags before I make dry ice hash. I usually make the hash as soon as they're dry, but you can let them sit there (in cool, dark) and cure for a while; it won't hurt, it can only help. Then I use a real small micron sized bag over a big sterilite container with baking liners in the bottom to collect the resin.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Once dry, I throw mine in a bag in a freezer. I think I may have thrown some in the freezer before it was dry, which might be why I got some green matter in mine. Hard to say really lol, it was a long time ago, and I'm always high :-)

• GlitterFarm
      GlitterFarm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you both. I have trim from the plant I had to pull early & wanted to save it till the rest are harvested to do something with it. ☮

Looks good mcubed. The third pic is my favorite, the last run I shook down 4 oz of larf and trim and I love it. When the flower starts getting mundane I move to the dry ice for a bit. I have started to skip the bucket and go right to the bag with the ice and product, I let it set for a minute then just start shaking up and down I call it "poof, poof, poof"
    great job and thanks for sharing.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      That's interesting about skipping the bucket and shaking, because I let it just sit in the bucket before I used the 25 micron bag, and it seemed to get just as much, if not more, than the 73 lol

Aught to forward that pic to Nebula, bet she'd dig it!!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X