Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping Spiders vs Lady Bugs

Heres a question,

How do you figure Jumping Spiders would compair to Lady Bugs to go up against mites?

I know the huge disadvantage to the spider is it may have its "nest" under a leaf or potentially in your bud (But i figure if introduced early enough in the veg stage it will be under a leaf). But the species that is near myself does not spin webs to catch bugs, it goes out eats its quota and heads back to its nest

I am sure lady bugs eat significantly more mites then the spider would.. hense why they are used...

What are your thoughts?

Just a food for thought question!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

i think the key is on the numbers, you introduce 1000 flying lady bugs to a garden and theyll find every single mite. maybe if you let 1000 spider loose in your garden theyll do the trick, but sounds like a nightmare to me

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      I think your right! The "nesting" area would be a huge issue if it were a thousand.... The only plus is one spider can eat a cricket per week or so.... But I think your 100% correct... If there was a way to let in only like 20, not so bad... the ladies are the way to go

Lady bugs, due to its life cycle will, rid more pests. If you create a home for the lady bugs to breed in, the juveniles will seek out pests inside the soil while the adults patrol the leaf areas of the plant.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense. I know its the larva that eat the most, but adults need to feed as well!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X