It Really Is A Game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Really Is A Game..

Isn’t it? Temperature, Humidity, and for some cO2 levels and keeping them balanced and in harmony..
    How many of us count down the hours until lights off to carefully measure whether the ac unit and dehumidifier are in sink to maintain overnight humidity with low temps, only going to sleep when we’re certain a balance has been achieved.

Same again when lights are due to wake em up. The next hour is crucial for me. Finally I got my unautomated system of ac and dehumidifier working well together overnight, with just the ac needed to maintain temps and humidity when lights are on... Seeing those magic arrows in the horizontal is like winning on the slots at Vegas for me lol

Here are some pics of me winning lol...

I used to worry some, but not anymore, all I'm growing from now on are autoflowers, and they are easy to please
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS, I'm glad you get along really well with autoflowers!! Clearly, they love you a lot!!! ;-}

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I love photos, being able to choose how long to veg or how short. I enjoy the whole process. Maybe one day I will be tempted by auto flower, but it’s way off on the horizon for me.

Yes it is! Never got enough sleep during my first grow, especially as the season changed from spring to summer, or as it goes here, from rain to drought season. Had to sneak into my garden in the dark a couple of times and feel my way around to raise the setting on the dehumidifier that was putting out too much heat. 2nd grow... not as much... it's kind of like that TV commercial that shows "1st child" parenting vs. "2nd child", lol.
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

I'm totally with D.A.A.S.69 on this one. Autoflowers are great for an old procrastinator like myself.

Yes - those numbers are important and one has to follow a regimen to keep it right. So good for you NAKEDGARDENER for getting them right.

I've always wanted to say this on this forum - "Don't sweat the small stuff" Kinda like the KISS method.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

NAKEDGARDENER I know what you mean!! These are crucial aspects for producing the best bud indoors. I resolved those issues during the hottest months by keeping the doors of my grow boxes open and the ceiling fan on in the grow room. It fluctuates around the same as your temps--no higher than 83 degrees in the big box, with real good circulation.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My basement makes for a pretty stable environment. No AC, no humidifier/ dehumidifier. Other than DWC water temps being 70-71 during the summer, not too many issues.
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. Environment plays a huge part, if you have a place where your temps and humidity is stable then you’re lucky, for those who create their space such as myself in an area of the home where due to the wooden construction either traps heat and humidity and releases it at night, sadly then you can’t get away from the fact that an ac and a dehumidifier are needed to keep the grow op at its best temps and humidity.
            I’m happy for you that you don’t need such requirements in your grow op. It must be nice.
            Despite the added expense of running this gear, I personally enjoy the challenge as you observe, react observe, make a note of settings and then finally have it down to a T.
            Very Rewarding.

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you like to struggle

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X