No announcement yet.

Teddy's 1st auto grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest my tap water come out at between 6.5-7 every time I've tested it. Since I'm not adding nutes or anything (because of the kind soil) I'm not adding anything in there to change that number, so no need to test. And I'm also not watering to run off(again, kind soil) so i have no runoff to check PH of.

Redwasp I think the colors look off cuz i was stoned and put a filter on for those last set of pics.
    Last edited by BurningTeddy; 10-06-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

#nofilter for you guys and a quick shot of my tap waters PH.

Comment

Well that ph and kind soil is fine. Just make sure you do not over water or underwater and you will do good.

Comment

BurningTeddy ,You got your plant looking alot better, good job.
        She is at the age where she should start growing very fast, very soon, how many days old is she ?
        It want be long before you see some pistils, on your plant.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• BurningTeddy
          BurningTeddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks daas. Shes at day 17 above ground. I'm looking forward to the explosion of growth I'm hoping for.

Her lady parts are showing.
        Day 18

Just watered 1/2 gallon. No runoff. Bottom of the pot is moist.

Added some more sand and packed it around the inside edges of the pot. Sand is close to an inch deep now. Seems a few gnats had found a hole. Saw 4 or 5 flying around. Added a bowl of the apple cider vinegar/dish soap/water mixture also. Hope they all drown.

Comment

Day 20. Started some LST today. Worried I may be starting to early and/or not doing it right but hey, here's to learning. She was 6 inches tall and its 6 inches to the outside of the pot. Bent her in between nodes and also tucked a fan leaf or two to expose some sites underneath them. Dont want to trim anything off her yet.

This girls stalk is already almost as thick as the full grown stalks from my first grow. Crazy what fighting some air movement can do.

Will post another round of pics when shes recuperated.

As always, tips are welcome/appreciated/wanted cuz you guys are way more knowledgable than me
          TIA

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            BurningTeddy, She sure got them big ole Indica leaves, the couple of kush autos I grew, flowered early, and had them big leaves, when they start growing they don't mess around.
            You asked so, If she was mine, I wouldn't do anything to her for a while, she's had a ruff life, and needs a little rest, imo. For a week anyhow, maybe tuck a few leaves, but that's it,
            She should take off soon.
            That sand blows my mind, And it might work great, I ain't never tried it, so I don't know nothing about it.
            But it seems to me ,that sand would get hot after a while, and if a leaf touched the sand, it would get scorched. Like i said I don't know sh-t, about that sand.
            But I know about gnats and how to get rid of them, don't get them in the first place, lol , You let your soil dry out them gnats gotta go, they love soil that stays moist.
            Is it easy to water thru that sand ?

• BurningTeddy
            BurningTeddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the input D.A.A.S.69. I love how fat her leaves are! Cant wait to roll a cannagar with them. I think I'm gonna leave her tied over though. You can refer to this as your "I told you so" moment if she doesnt turn out great lol.

As for the sand. I hadn't thought about it getting hot but I have multiple leaves practically laying on it with no discoloration or scorching and my lights run 24/7. I'll see if I can find a way to get a surface temp and give an update on that. Watering through the sand is pretty easy. I mean, you have to wet the whole sand layer first before you actually water or it just kind of rolls to the sides instead of where you want it and you have to water slower. That's the only issues and a fair trade off for no gnats for me. Haven't seen a single one since I added another quarter to half inch and packed the sides of the pot.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, leave her tied down, for sure. She is gonna take off soon, and in a couple of weeks, you want be able to recognize her.
            Yeah if that sand works for you, keep using it.
            HappyGrowing

Just a little LST update. She seems to be liking it. Love that I'm seeing 6-7 bud sites right off the top.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking very nice, tuck those big fans behind others, and you will get some more budsites.
            She is coming right along nicely, and is going to be nice by harvest time.
            GoodJob.

Tied her down some more last night and shes looking awesome this morning. My fan keeps blowing my tucked fan leaves loose, might start using the plant ties on those also to keep them out of the way.

I haven't moved my light down much as I wanted her to stretch some more. I think that was a good call on your guys' part.

Needed about 3/4 of a gallon before I got 4-5 runoff drips.

Comment

Recieved (almost) everything for my seedling / early veg tent.

2x2x4ft tent
            2 clip fans, 1 for exhaust the other for circulation.
            Passive intake
            Will be running 8x 27w 5500k 1300 lumen bulbs. Not pictured but I'll be buying splitters for the sockets to have 2 27w bulbs in each. (Open to recommendations here!!) Each socket outlet is rated to 100w
            Will be adding a rack for 5 gallon pot to sit on and a humidifier soon

Dry testing now to see where my temps sit. Never used cfls before.

And, a pic or 3 of the OG Kush auto at 4 weeks cuz I think shes sexy.

My end goal is to have 3 plants flowering in the big tent (different stages) while starting 1 a month in the small tent. I'd like to harvest 1 plant a month to cover what we personally use.

Comment

• BurningTeddy
              BurningTeddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Side note.

I've also started my germanation process on 1 seed of the Lemon OG Haze Auto from Nirvana. In a moist paper towel somewhere dark and warm.

Seedling tent conditions on point I'd say.

The 2 cfls on the right are there more for warmth than for light. The other 2 are about 5 inches away from soil.

Lemon OG is showing her taproot so I'm warming the soil now before I plant tomorrow or Saturday.

Broke the main stem on the OG Kush trying to LST 2 days ago. Got it taped up and supported and it's looking like it'll make it. Gave her a decent haircut to to expose to hidden bud sites. I think I'll take a break on the LST for now and let her recuperate. Pics tomorrow.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Burning Teddy, man everything looks so nice and clean, nice work.
              Try to keep your cfls pretty close, and good luck.

Haircut and bandage pics

Comment

My my shes starting to explode. I'm guessing this is her flowering stretch this time. Haven't done any more LST on the main stalk as it hasn't recovered enough to bend some more. I will be doing another defoliation here in a couple days probably. Ever since I took the humidifier out for the seedling tent she seems to be happier.

Lemon OG Haze has broke soil! CFLs are about 4-5 inches away. Temp is 75-82. RH is 55%

My full bag of roots organic soil was heavily fungas gnat infested so I hit the top layer of this pot with a peroxide/water mixture and immediately covered in sand. Not sure if they came in the bag already when i ordered or what but haven't seen one inside so I think it worked. Haven't spotted any in the tents in over a week. Yay!

Comment

Starting to get the beginnings of bud formations and starting to smell a bit so hooked up the filter. Shes definitely drinking more also. 3/4 to 1 gallon every 2-3 days, still tap water with no PH adjustment. Really liking this Kind Soil, very low maintenance.

I hope she stretches some more. I haven't moved my light closer like I've said I would in previous posts, I've actually moved it a little farther up(30 inches) as of today in hopes she'll reach for it.(might be that "I told you so" D.A.A.S.69 lol) How far along is your bud formation when your girls are done stretching? Cant ask in weeks with an auto so I think that's my next best comparison on how much time I've got left to stretch.

Also, should I do another defoliation now or wait until shes done stretching? I read conflicting articles all day.

Seedling tent is doing its thing perfectly. Constant 78-84°F and 50%RH. I was worried about the cool mist humidifier misting the hell out of the light sockets around it and them collecting condensation and shorting out. It seems though that the humidifier only turns on for ~30 seconds every half hour or so to keep that RH%. Still something I think about though and will continue to keep an eye on. Reading about 11k LUX right at the seedlings top.

Very pleased so far, cant wait to get these tents in full rotation with 4 going at once.

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks real good! Nice job. Check out foliar feeding. Cuz you have a small candidate for it. I use 'Foliar Essence' up to about the time they have finished their bud stretch. Every 5 days, not like the week the producers suggest.
                  My buds are now averaging 2 - 5 grams per, dried.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BurningTeddy, looking nice, some autos stretch like hell, and i mean fast two,and some dont, just depends ,but it don't last but a couple of weeks, but in 2weeks time, they go from young looking plants to big ole healthy big plants.

You've done great so far Ted,time for the lovely pics with the white dots on them
                I read that OG Kush is a heavy yielder and the photo has up to 20% THC what are the stats on this one?
                Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                600W

LED
                2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                BioBizzLight Mix
                Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a good number to shoot for - 60 grams. Once you get a harvest or two happening then you reach higher. 100 grams a plant for autoflowers is a realistic number.

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If this wasn't an auto i would be sure you have 100-150g on your table but since it is an auto and we do not know the stability and characteristics of this particular breed of OG Kush,a 315LEC should give you 2-3oz easily. 0.5g per watt is not so standard. I got 320g out of 600w HPS from 4 Photoperiod plants on my first grow!

Also for four autoflowers perpetual i would pop a seed every 18-21 days not every 2 weeks. Most autoflowers finish at end of week9 for a good maturity,even week 12 to get all the trichromes turned. So popping a seed in the room every 18th day or 3 weeks should give you the correct timeline for them to never become 5 plants or 3 plants.

What temps u hit at summer? I had issues on my last run because an auto decided to run for 110+ days so i reached 32C and some times 36C with my 600w HPS. The temp outside was around 25-28C and it was 30+ days late to finish but still gave me 65g dried tasty buds for a 2 euro seed in a 2galon pot with normal garden soil lmao....

Im now trying to solve the heat and electric problem with a LED.Not a good one,not a known one nor an expensive one. I got a 900w (360 actual wattage) "Burple" (blue and red makes purple lights on these panels) and i have seen good yields from the same companies 3x300w grow journals. I guess my only mistake was not thinking about the core footprint of flowering for the panel but i might add 2x300w cheap ebay ones (approx 120w each) to cover 1,5ftx1,5ft with each 300w and 2ft with the center 900w panel.

Sorry for the blab,wake n bake + coffee rush
                  Keep it Green

• BurningTeddy
                  BurningTeddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nartak thanks for the words of encouragement on the suspected harvest!

As for the perpetual circle of life I'm trying for, I'll be popping on every 3-4 weeks, leaning more towards 4 than 3. This way if one decides to take 12+ weeks to finish up I'm not suffocating or overcrowding my big tent. It may end up as only 3 at a time but I like that extra week or so just to be safe.

Summer temps in my tent hit 100°F+ easy and I really would like to have a couple months off lol. Unless i can find a strain or two that thrive in that high desert climate. LEDs might be able to help with that but I dont like those blurple lights. I have been thinking of getting a supplemental set of cobs, 1 white 1 red, to help out my 315lec but that's still thoughts on the drawing board.

I think I hit all your points, but I haven't had my coffee yet lol!

Did a little under canopy maintenance tonight, she'll get an upper canopy defoliation after I see shes done stretching.

Also got a decent shot of her main cola wound where I snapped her. Just used masking tape to seal and a plant tie to another branch as support.

Pots almost light already, she'll probably need another watering tomorrow.

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                  BurningTeddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gotta give all the color and vigor growth to the soil. Roots organic and kind soil seem to be rocking it. I've done very little (to the point of almost nothing) as far as testing soil or PH(in or out).

I have noticed shes pulled these ties straight after a day or so, so I'll definitely look into those heavier ones.

How every certian thing affects these plants still amazes me. I'm also sure that I will continue to be amazed as I continue experimenting.

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every.Single.Grow.Amazes.Me

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking nice BurningTeddy, keep up the good work,
                  When it gets to hot in the summer, I just grow autos in the closet, with the door open, they do fine, long as it doesn't get to hot,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X