Signs of a healing plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs of a healing plant

Are there any signs of a plant healing or not healing? My fan fell on my plant about a week ago. Taped it up pretty good. Just not really sure its growing anymore.

You cant really see the tape but I put a make shift splint and tapped that to the stalk to hold it upright.

Plants generally will not 'heal' in the sense that it will get better. What you want to see is that it is no longer getting worse. If it is not getting worse it is on the mend and doing ok.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Pmoe90
      Pmoe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      So I shouldn't expect for the buds to get any bigger on this branch?

• Pyro1711
      Pyro1711 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know if the buds will get bigger so to speak, but I think it's like HST when you bend a branch? As long as the flower and leaves don't show any signs of dying on that branch you'll be fine. If it starts to die, I would remove that branch to avoid wasted energy from the plant trying to "heal" itself in that area.

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      Providing that the branch is still transporting nutrients, I would surely expect the buds to get bigger as flowering continues.

Well the fan leaves are yellow now because I messed up a watering a couple weeks back. Other than that I don't think its dying so hopefully its recovering and the buds will fatten up

Comment

So what exactly happened with your water schedule?..just curious...

Comment

• Pmoe90
        Pmoe90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I put to much call mag and didn't notice till it was to late. Got some of the green to come back but this is as good as it gets

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you know that it was too much Cal Mag? I have never seen what calcium/magnesium toxicity looks like.

I don't think you would see to much more growth on that plant, anyway. The buds may have grown a bit more, but she looks to be almost to the stage in her life cycle, where she is done growing, and is mostly just filling in the buds that have grown, well, at leastl close to that point anyway.
      I would keep a real close eye on her, in case of Bud Rot, though, since it can be very oportunistic getting into any wounds where the skin gets broken. Dropped stuff on one of my plants in the current grow, TWICE, kinda supper Cropped the main stalk on both occasions, still with me amazingly though! ( and making a decent crop even )
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Pmoe90
        Pmoe90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on. I've never had anything break during flower so this is all new to me. I'm just hoping that the buds fatten up. If not oh well the rest of the plant is looking great. I'm in week 8 or 9 of flower cant remember. At least your plant made it thru the trauma. Hopefully you get a good yield

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! They really can be pretty tough, just got to be on top of any bud rot ASAP, and if it is real humid, I would be tempted to cut it off. I have had rot on broken cola branches before, when my humidiy was high.
        I have a large branch on one of my plants right now that broke from weight, I was going to tape it, but decided to try the pine sap trick, so I have sap coating the injury right now, the branch is hanging in there, it does have some yellowing leaves though, and some pistols are starting to change ahead of the rest.

To much calmag can lock out other nutes like nitrogen iron potassium..that's why some people think they have low nitrogen when in fact it was an iron deficiency.ran into the same situation as porcha a while back.. greenhouse is right the buds will only finish up by adding more nutes won't help that much.. depends how much time you have left till harvest.

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Where can I go to learn more about this. The reason I ask, is that I use high volumes of cal/mag throughout the grow and would like to understand the science. I can find nothing about calcium tox on this site.

Right here at gwe flockshot..look up calmag every stitch of info that could be found would be there for you to read.might fall under other deficiency's also.
      Last edited by Greengringo; 09-16-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Here's the link.https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-cannabis-leaves-yellow

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't see any mention of too much cal-mag, and the effects of too much cal-mag.

I will continue to look around, but this article doesn't seem to address that issue.

Try this linkhttps://www.growweedeasy.com/common-nutrient-problems

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a word about cal/mag toxicity.
          I understand calcium deficiency, which this is a great article on.

Correct..Did it give you some sort of direction into helping you with your issue.?but it still can cause dificencys..could lock-out other nutes.
        Last edited by Greengringo; 09-16-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't doubt that too much of anything can eventually hurt the plant. However, it seems strange to me that multiple people have identified the overuse of cal/mag as the source of their problem, but yet there is never any science to back it up. No mention of it on GWE or anywhere else I am able to find.
          Thanks for trying to help though. Happy growing.

I'm gonna agree with you on this ..cause I just left site to go search calmag toxicity and guess what??.. nothing ..wtf ..I went back and edit my post..not toxicity... deficiency..I'm sure some will come by ..no problem flockshot happy growing to you as well.
        ​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X