Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Blueberry Advice

Hi all,

This is now my 3rd run with Blueberry, Dutch Passions version of the DJ Short strain... My first run went smooth, un-topped, natural plant, second run was with a topped plant, far more tops, saw the plant become more fussy in flower as I approached week 5 and through harvest. This third run I have started a new nutrient line, Botanicare, full nute line. I started it off with 25%, 50%, 75% and then full strength... My problem now is that by running the full nutrient line I figured that I would have resolved the issues with deficiencies, this does not appear to be the case.

My post is to simply ask for some advice from other who have some experience growing a topped Blueberry plant.. To me it seems like it can never get enough nutrients! pH is right, water temp is right, soil is right, runoff is about 15%... environment is perfect throughout flower so far, no pests, nothing... This Blueberry is one of 4 different plants in this tent, all other 3 plants look like out a a magazine, absolutely perfect... Its just this Blueberry plant being fussy... Im afraid to increase the nutrients too much, but maybe this is my solution?? Plant is experiencing what appears to be a deficiency, yellowing leaves (not all yellow, but turning from green to yellow), some lowers are wilting and falling off.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures right now, but plants are due for another feeding so I need to be prepared to resolve the issue asap.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Next time top one, and don't top the other, and see what the result is. I don't really see how topping might cause this. Might just be bad genetics with that seed. Sometimes we over complicate in our search for an answer.

Comment

Well, when topped, this plant is putting out like 10+ tops easily, obviously much more than if I were to have left it alone... Im figuring that because it needs and wants to produce fat tops that maybe it needs the extra nutrients to do so??

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Well try using a bit more, and see if it helps. Trial, and error. Or try something else.
        Last edited by starramus; 09-14-2018, 02:50 PM.

Any Pests?? Flying around or crawling on/near leaves and leaf undersides. With out Picts, it’s hard to really say.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Led...ok... I hope you have at least 5w chips in it to penetrate the light down to those lower portions of the plant.

• HIonCANNABI420
        HIonCANNABI420 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are no real true “lower” branches, this plant is lollipopped pretty far up to allow the plant to focus on those tops.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        3 watt chip LEDs can be placed 5-6 inches from the canopy. 5 watt chip LEDs are closer to the distances you described. Might want to find out which kind you have in your light.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X