Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 Watt HPS grow with added 160 watt full spectrum LEDs

Hey guys...
    i am currently growing with a 400watt HPS in soil, they are approximately 12-16 inches away from the plants.
    They grow well and everything... What difference would it make if I added (2x80watt) 160watt full spectrum LEDs in the same grow space.
    Would it help or would I need to make additional changes?
    I am growing about 6-8 plants under the 400hps currently.

Are those your buds? Have you checked the trichomes? They look ready or very close to it. Adding lights now wont change anything.

Comment

• Juba1Nc
      Juba1Nc commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they about ready to harvest... But there are much more plants not ready as yet....

Chop,chop,thay are looken done,no sense adding more lights now.

Comment

I don't think you have any room left for more trichomes. Get the lights for next time. Or better yet get this light https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for next time.

Comment

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not better than HPS for flowering. Imho

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        That's true. If not the sun I always use my HPS for flowering. You will get more yield than the CMH. However from the pics Nebula posted the CMH is fantastic for veg.

But to answer your question I was testing running a 1000 watt HPS with a 450 watt viperspectrum (think 212 actual watts.) The temps were to much to control for a summer grow. Gonna play around with it this winter. I am pretty sure that having better temps trumps more light.

Comment

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes man I've learned the hard way that just pumping down mega light without mega exhaust is a recipe for mediocrity. They almost love nice temperatures and fresh breezes as much as strong lights. You really need both to be successful.

Question for you people running these 1000w lights... How much did your electric bill go up once you started running these?? I'm running a 350 LED and did not notice much if anything of an increase... I'm concerned that if I add another 350 led or jump to one of these 1000w lights my electric bill is going to jump considerably????

Comment

Well with everything you need to run one fans, exhaust, lights etc etc about $45 per setup where I am. Most of mine is running on solar with battery backup. But yeah they do add up.But we have very cheap electricity where I am.

Comment

You will increase the heat output and electricity bill. Probably won’t help this grow, but next grow is on!! The blue spectrum (us-a and up-b light) really brings out those trics.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My grow box is well insulated and the box is also in a cooled room that's insulatad aswell which makes it easier to control the temperatures...
            I wish to add it and test the time differences and yields with added LEDs...
            Thanks to Nebulas site I managed to setup my own box which still has much room for improvements

Comment

Thanks so much...
              looks cool.
              what differences does the side light give you on your yields? With and without? U running 12/12?

Comment

6ozs from how many main colas ?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X