800w Grow Light in 2x2x5' Grow Space.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

800w Grow Light in 2x2x5' Grow Space.

Hi everyone! It's my first time growing my own cannabis, as of now I'm using a BESTVA 800W dual chip LED grow light in a 2' x 2' x 5' grow space. I'm worrying that the light's too much for my plants. For my very first grow, I fitted 3 plants in my grow box, of which are 2 Royal Dwarf Autos, 10 days old and a 7 days old, and a landrace form my country, 13 days old. I started it on a 16/8 light schedule but recently changed it to 18/6 because I've read online that 18/6 is best for autoflowers. The temperature fluctuates around 27 - 33 degrees celcius and the humidity is from 38 - 70%, it depends on the room temperature outside the grow box. Do you guys think 800w is just right?

It should be fine for that size, could even take a little more light. It only draws 150 watts which provides roughly 500umols of photon density averaged over 4 squares. Which the optimal light levels are around 700umol, with maximum of 1000umol.

So as previously said, should be no problem. Just use the manufacturers recomended fixture height.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• furrysparkle
      furrysparkle commented
      Editing a comment
      For a 600w hps producing 1100 umol/s will I need to worry about CO2 levels or will fresh air exchange be enough?

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      If its for a 4x4 space, then co2 supplementation is not required. Fresh air will be enough. With more powerful light sources or using that light source in a smaller grow area, then co2 supplementation will start becoming a requirement.

Great! Thanks DrPhoton.

Comment

It turned out that my grow light's too much for my seedlings! My seedlings are showing light burn symptoms and they grow very slow, they are probably stunned What can I do about this? As of now I placed the grow light furthest possible almost touching the ceiling. And I covered some of the LEDs with cloth. Will this work? I'm really worried

Comment

• shane369
        shane369 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am now using my two spare 15w grow light bulbs and a 5 meter RGB LED strip that I set on blue on my seedlings. I placed the bulbs around 7cm away from the seedling. I hope this works DrPhoton! Thanks for the advise!
        Last edited by shane369; 09-16-2018, 07:05 AM.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it will work out fine, just be careful with the light. It does take time to work out fixture heights, especially without a light meter.

• shane369
        shane369 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is CFL better?

shane369 cfls are only better in a stealth setting, for less electricity and probably a lower initial investment you can get a small HID or an LED that fits your needs better

even for seedlings I would recommend an inexpensive LED growlight even a 9w will be good for seedlings
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Just edited

• shane369
        shane369 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh thanks furrysparkle

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        I also use LEDs for germination and cloning for up to 14-21 days. They are 19w philips bulbs. You do have to have them further from the plants compared to CFL. I have mine around 12 inches from the light, but this distance will vary from the different wattage and bulb types.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X