Sour 60 Auto grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sour 60 Auto grow

Sour 60 auto, popped earth on Aug26th and transplanted today at day 13, the cups were 3.5" diameter by 6" deep and the roots were well to the bottom and curling about. New home in 3 gallon phat sacks 11" diameter. I think these are supposed to be a single main cola plant and would like to top them to spread out and keep short, should I be doing this soon? Also, these are regular seeds and will have to keep an eye out for a bruce jenner transformation.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Hey hycheese - your autos are gonna be mad at you for a couple days for that transplant. I never transplant my autos. That being said they look real good. I would wait a few days before attempting topping them. Usually wait till they have 5 nodes then cut down to the third.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just bought those from Paul "New Guy". I'll sub and see how they do, I'm curious how long from sprout to Harvest.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
      IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• hycheese
        hycheese commented
        Editing a comment
        That's where I got mine too.

Looking good so far.

Comment

14 days old and were only under a single 40watt 6.5k CFL at about 4", now under my LED at 40" - transplant did not seem to bother them.
        Sour60 autos.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good. I got a fast flowerer happening now - 21 days old and shooting up pistils.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Luck with your plants, looking good.

Day 18, just topped both plants, it was kinda hard to count but it was around node 4 or 5. So I can assume I just extended the time of these 60-day autos by doing this. I read Nebulas guide and also Dr.Coco's on his website and neither say anything about protecting the hole left in the stem from topping? I did sterilize my snips with alcohol and fire...
        Sour60 autos.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          And - no - I don't think you extended the 60 days - she will just flower when she wants and finish whatever you have going at 60 days.

• hycheese
          hycheese commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a before/after topping view - do you think the toppled topping could take root and make a pre-topped clone and actually finish before the mother plant?

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha good to know. It's not recommended to clone autos and have yet to see someone post one. It would just flower at the same time as the mother and be done at the same time.

4 weeks and they both turned out to be females, topped once about 2 weeks ago and started LST about a week later.
        Sour60 autos.

Comment

• hycheese
          hycheese commented
          Editing a comment
          For those interested in costs here is my 1-month breakdown from my wattmeters; about $25 /mo.
          200 watt LED lights - 720 hours = $15
          30 watt Table fan - 720 hours = $2
          500 watt Air cond - 110 hours = $4
          300 watt Dehumid - 320 hours = $4

hycheese, Man you got your plants looking great, I mean nice dude.
        How old were they when you first saw pistils? My 2plants from Paul showed on day 19, I think.
        I really like your set-up, it looks nice and clean,
        You need to get your humidity down some if you can.
        But I really like the way you got your pots on a grate, that's the right way. Nice job.
        If they are 30days old, they better haul ass, if they gonna be done in 60days,lol
        I don't think you slowed them down much by topping, if any.
        I know it took about 45days after my autos from Paul, showed pistils, to being done.
        Looks like You are gonna have some fine bud on these. And they do fill in fast. You are not gonna be very far from 60days though, gonna be close.
        I got a 10day old BlueHaze auto from New420Guy seeds growing now.
        HappyGrowing
        PS- How in the world did you figure all that up, you must be a math major, trying to figure all that stuff up like that ,I catch me a bad headache. Lol
        Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 09-24-2018, 01:05 PM.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• hycheese
          hycheese commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't remember the exact day when the pistils showed but it was probably around day 25. My wattmeters on the AC &DH do the math all you do is enter in your electric rate and it keeps a running total on the display - my rate is 10 cents/kWh so for the lights and the fan which run 24/7 the math is 230wattx24hourx30day = 165kwh x $0.1 = $16.50.

As far as temp & humidity go I am doing a lesson in economy by keeping track of AC & DH costs and pushing the high-end limits to see where the cost to production tradeoff point is. Right now it is veg mode 80F@50rh, flower mode 75F@40rh.

5 weeks old today and getting a fair number of bud sites, had a growth spurt of about 8" in the last 6 days. After one topping and LST they are now 18" tall and have not done any defoliation. I have not needed to move the LEDs as the plants are growing into them at the optimal manufactures recommended height which is 30" right now.
        Sour60 autos.

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69, "Easy as heck to use" that's what I need, thank you. Learned a lesson with the sour 60, when doing perpetual grows,label the jug's. lol. Ordered 8 White Moscow, going to start them when the sour lowrider 2 are 4weeks old.Do you know what the 2 means on the Lowriders?

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          uncledoug, No I don't know why, but after talking to him on the phone a few times, pretty sure he has got a reason for the 2though.Lol
          I saw a video of Paul walking around his garden yesterday, talking about his plants, boy howdy, does he have some fine plants growing outside. I mean fine.
          HappyGrowing.

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          @D.A.A.S,69, Where did you see the video? would like to watch it.

Looks real good hycheese - pistils are shooting up, getting ready for buds. Don't see much of any LSTING happening, other than some string pulling branches apart - doesn't need any defoliating as there is a lot of air space happening.
        I would just let it grow the way it wants to.
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Week 6, tallest parts are at 25" - the little bit of LST I did saved me about 8" in height and opened them up. Dropped humidity to 45% and only took a few fan leaves off at the soil line.
          Sour60 autos.

Comment

They look fabulous! Lots of pistils and bud sites. What's your lighting schedule? Put your lights on 24/7 for a while or til the end. 20/4 at least you should be at. Now had you Foliar fed with a product I use called Foliar Essence - you would be defoliating by now cuz your plants would have been bushes.
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• hycheese
              hycheese commented
              Editing a comment
              Lights have been at 24/0 since Aug 26th.

Thought I'd give a 6-1/2 week update (46 days from sprout) since they seem to be growing quite fast. 60 days will be October 24th. I have been feeding the standard coco nutes 3 times a day per Dr Coco's regimen.
            Sour60 autos.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking very nice, I don't think they will be ready in 60days though,
              Maybe 80days?

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I'll have to agree with DAAS they're going tio take longer then 60 days. Looking great though! ✌

Looking good, they grew a lot in 4 days.It's going to be fun seeing what happens in the next 2 weeks.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
            IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

These pics were taken on 10/24 which is exactly 60 days from seed sprout on 8/26.
              Sour60 autos.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking very nice, for sure, looks like a couple of weeks longer though, Maybe 3.
                Sure is pretty, I bet she smells good ,huh.?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X