No announcement yet.

It's time to cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea why they would say that. They just arent ready yet. Unless they know something weird about that strain.

Comment

Thanks guys. I believe in this forum and in his users experience. Thanks again.

ps.
      i used for this babes , smart pot 5 gals with canna bioterra inside. No nutrients addedd in vege phase. 1 week after the first flower i addedd canna bio fllores and i m adding this each week as need. After 25 days from the first flowers i addedd canna pk 13/14. The direct hours of sun light are 9, from 8 a.m. at 5 p.m. These are the results of my first grow. Thanks again for the support. I hope to cut from 30 - 40 grams with this auto.
      Last edited by Roob; 09-11-2018, 03:12 AM.

Comment

If this plants should be yours, when you start the flush? I read the guide line but i don't understand much. I bought a jewel magnifier.

Comment

• Baphomatt
          Baphomatt commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a little hard to determine from this end. Once you see the pistils start to darken and shrivel, start checking the trichomes with your jeweler's loop.

Personally I wait *at least* until all trichomes are milky (look like white-ish plastic as opposed to crystal or glass) and a few are starting to turn amber. Some people like to wait until they see 10% - 25% (or more!) amber, but I don't care for a heavy sedative effect with most strains. If you prefer lower CBN but maximum THC, starting the flush (in soil) when the trichomes are white with little to no amber should line you up about right for harvest. If you want more CBN, wait until you start seeing more amber to even start your flush. Either way, timing the harvest is the more important in my opinion. So keep checking the trichomes! You'd be amazed how quickly they can change - literally overnight!

Honestly, if you haven't added many nutrients - and it sounds like you haven't - you won't need very much in the way of flushing.

I bought a micro-scope but it is hard to use it manually over the plant. Can i cut 1 flower to put it on a desk to look the thricomes with the magnifier lens?

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, just trim off a small piece of bud, it is easier to see this way.

Hi, thanks better a small piece of bud or just one little leavs in bud?

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Have to check a piece of the bud. The leaves turn sooner.

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          What Redwasp said, piece of bud, no leaves.

Ok. The rest of cut bud on plant, will dry?

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          It will be fine

Ok tomorrow i 'll made this intervent. Thanks guys

ps last question. Better to take the piece on the down medium or high height?
        Last edited by Roob; 09-17-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Baphomatt
          Baphomatt commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't worry myself with the lower "popcorn" buds. I'd recommend you take a small sample from the top and another from the middle range. It will give you a better overall picture. Also, in your post above you mentioned "one little leaf in the bud." If you are referring to actual, serated leaves - like sugar leaves - no, don't use those. If you are referring to a calyx (the cluster of tiny "leaves" or "petals" that make up the bud, yes! However the trichomes are unlikely to be distributed equally, do you'll definitely need more than *a* calyx! Just take a small pinch from two buds as mentioned above. Look at those through your microscope and take your time!

And while it won't be a completely accurate model, if your trichomes have mostly turned milky set your samples aside, let them dry, and give them a try! It won't be nearly as tasty or smooth without a slower drying and proper curing. Nor will it be exactly the same effect as your finished product, but it will be some indication. Besides, why just toss it? Cannabis saved is cannabis earned! (To shamefully paraphrase Ben Franklin.)

Happy growing!

Thanks bro. I cut a bud piece and not the leaves with thricomes. Just now i found and removed this from my plant.

Comment

Thanks bro. I cut a bud piece and not the leaves with thricomes. Just now i found and removed this from my plant. Sorry i don't know why my last post showed 4 times.

Comment

Here the situation

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know what kind of a worm-caterpillar, that is in your picture, but it could be a bud worm, do you see any holes in your plants stalk ?
              Your plants trichs are in the harvest window, anyway it looks like to me, even if there is no amber, you are still very close to harvest,
              I'd keep a close eye on those worms, just to be safe, You might even want to harvest a little early, if you see more worm sign.
              Good Luck

• Baphomatt
              Baphomatt commented
              Editing a comment
              Trichs are looking good! Personally I would give it another week or two. You are definitely at the point where you should probably be checking them frequently - they can change pretty drastically overnight! You don't have to keep plucking samples, you can check them on the plant. It's a bit of a pain in the butt and it can be difficult to keep it steady, but it's doable!

Agree with D.A.A.S. - stay on top of any potential pest problem. Monitor that and your trichs and you should be having a nice harvest very soon!

Happy growing!

Thanks a lot guys. The butt of that worm cuming out from bud. Another worm was dead on the trap at bottom of my plant. I see some holes in leaves , don't seems to be on plant stem.... but i should check better. For me it's very hard to check trics without cut from plant. 😑

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it was coming out of the bud, it is a budworm, and you need to read up on them, they can kill a plant damn near overnight.
              You need to read up on budworms, to verify.
              You might even have to harvest a little early,idk.
              But read up on budworms! !!!! Roob

Ohh ok... 1 question. Looking my trichs , theres sufficient thc? Or it will be a light ganja?
            i checked my plants but don't seems to be other of these worms. But if my plants are in dangerous situation i'll cut them.

Comment

They are turning cloudy. So close. Get a magnifying glass and look for entry holes all over the buds and stalks. Keep an eye for any more damage, worms, holes, or little black pellets(poop.) Watch for changes in the plant. You may be lucky and got that 1 early but really really look hard.

Comment

Sincerely i don't see any change on plants. Holes on big leaves, but no holes on the buds leaves. Under the plant i have a sticky trap. I see a worm like that dead on the trap. I can not see holes on buds.

Comment

I have neem .... but so close the cut? What you guys would you do in my situation? I read that worms working in the night , but i can't go to my plants in the night. I don't want a light ganja and most important , i don't want to lose my buds.
                  Last edited by Roob; 09-18-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X