Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with dry koolbloom and when to use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with dry koolbloom and when to use.

Never used this Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_125912.jpg
Views:	3164
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	240743 before. I've read it's only used for two weeks.

Be careful with it. I recently added it to my solution and I think the high P combined with some heat stress caused my Ca to lockout and I've been flushing since. Not saying dont, just take it slow. I've heard you're supposed to acclimate the plant by giving it liquid koolbloon first for a couple of weeks and then you finish flower with the powder then flush. Pics of my ca lockout in my Lemon og haze thread in my signature

good luck!
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

I use it at 1/2 TSP per gal for first half of flower. Then I switch to MOAB dry nutes for second half. The directions say up to 2 tsp /gal and like lots of nutrient companies it's too high and will probably give you nute burn.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Yes you should be using liquud koolbloom to acclimate the dry. I've used it in week 6 without burning my plants. Use it sparingly if you mix it with water. And be aware it will raise ppm significantly if you mix it in a solution. I've read about people just top dressing with it as early as week 4. But the lkb will help the plant adjust to dkb.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I'm in coco, I'm a light feeder anyhow, but I did read that this stuff is very concentrated.
          Do you use discontinue the liquid when using the dry?

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used both untill week 8 but in soil. You will probably want to dilute your solution to meet ec needs. I believe the feed chart may have one week where both are used, but it's been awhile since I've used it 😉. But you may want to discontinue lkb while using dkb or plan on diluting solution.

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          I started last night, cut the strength to a quarter of a 1/4 teaspoon to half gallon. See just a little leaf wrinkle, looks like it's already work in lol. Thanks again for the info.

i use both liquid and powder.
        i start using the liquid halfway thru the stretch when i start reducing nitrogen. i measure it in by ppm, only replacing the ppms taken away by reducing the nitrogen and/or bloom formula so my ppms stay within my feeding schedule. cant burn if you know where your ppms are at. during the 4 weeks im using liquid, i use about 1/4 tsp of the powder in 4 to 5 gals water for topping off my reservoirs between changeouts.
        the last 3 weeks i switch to the powder altogether, same way, measuring it in by ppm.

Comment

• IGH
          IGH commented
          Editing a comment
          oh, and fyi...
          the liquid and the powder are the same stuff. P-K and mag/sulfur. the difference is the concentration and balance. the balance is different to accomodate the plants needs during that phase of development. so even at low ppms a deficiency is less likely.

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the input. I'm in coco and hand watering, going to have to be carful.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X