No announcement yet.

Chefbjy Dark Harvest Grow Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some clipping and training. Dgth left; bottom branches(node) topped at 3rd node. Dgth right; bottom branches(node) fimed. Dgth center; tied down(lst).

Not gc photoperiods are coming along, though 2 are looking like they've been through war. The leaves are wrinkled up like a Shar Pei and off coloring throughout the leaves. They're getting moved Wednesday. Only one of these girls looks promising. If I knew they were autos things would have went down a lot differently 😥.

12 days till flip and they're no where near ready imo. But maybe we'll see some good growth between now and then. If the date wasn't set I'd probably let them go in veg till the end of the month and flip in beginning of October. My soil mix may have been a little much for the first couple weeks, I think they're not as big or full as most photos I've grown. And that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe warm lights off temps are hindering growth. But the dgth have made things a little better and it will be the only strain I'll be able to compare the extended dark period with 😠 😥 😢. This challenge has become a fiasco for me... I vote do over lmao. I'm forced to take a different path and am really bummed I can't grow gc beside everyone else... It's the strain that really caught my eye to join. Oh well 💩 happens I guess. Here's the misfits, the dgth will stay in this tent while autos finish in another. 🍻 ✌ 💘

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I would opt to veg a lil longer also . But it will be interesting to see how it does with a short veg.

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good! Been going to everyone's page today an cheek everyone's progress out.. seems everyone's around the same.. a few stragler plants ( like my dgth) but hopefully everything catches up nice an soon

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah everyone seems to be close in comparison...but I'm thinking 50-60day veg would be ideal. There's not a lot of verticle and I'd like to see some growth tips live up to their potential 😆.

Hit the dgth with some T today training, twisting, tucking, Click image for larger version  Name:	20180912_084637.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	247788 and tying 😉. Also took off some lower growth tips and left the fans. Gnats got to a couple plants but damage is superficial. Moving stuff out of my shop today to make room for a new grow area for the gc or whatever they are. I'm really only happy with one of these plants, and will post pics in some good light so you can all really see wtf I'm dealing with lol. I'm running lights out my arse for minimal return so not very happy. Maybe I'll start some more photos. Use the auto tent to veg and try to fill in any gaps now that I'm down 3 plants in my challenge tent. We'll see once I get out set up. Off to work on the misfits' grow area now. 🍻 Click image for larger version  Name:	20180912_084623.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	247789Click image for larger version  Name:	20180912_084603.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	247790
    Last edited by Chefbjy; 09-12-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good! So you don't think your gc is right? What's your thought? Maybe seeds gotmixed up, or maybe a different breeders gc? I know something's up with the dgth seeds i got! Out of six only two made it an one of them fell over an died? Weirdest thing! But seedsmans made it right an I'm going to grow out the one that made it.. took a while but it's finally starting to grow normalish...

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Trichomefarmer88 I got auto seeds somehow. I'm nut sure how, it was my very first purchase from them. I'm not sure what they are but they were in a bag with the expert seeds logo/label gorilla cookies. There's no auto gc so I'm stumped. Glad to hear they took care of you. I'm about to order a few seeds and get their black sugar strain and cbd cream and cheese strain. 😉

The dgth were kinda slow to get going but have made me a little happier about flip date. I can't say when these whatever auto flowers are going to finish. And I honestly have to say that one out of 3 are going to be worth anything, but guess I could still do a dark period and extended dark period when I decide to harvest to compare results. ✌

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Chef compared to my autos that were mistreated at first how do your GC maybe autos compare? Mine were dropped the 7th. And they have started taking off. Still wont be my best grow but definitely worth growing. I'm not expecting much but they are really surprising me with there eager attitude.

Redwasp here they are at lights out. I smoked some of my Skywalker and slept for 4 hours 😆. Didn't get a chance to move them or set up the tent. After I cleaned out the shop I needed a joint break and should have went with my gg#4 instead rofl. The 2 will be almost worthless (make them into oil/hash.) One looks almost like your girls and I feel I should be running a couple more hours of light. Even if I keep them on 18/6 the dgth would end up shading them out before they get finished. They need their own little space.

Started germinating 2 mamma mia seeds will be hoping for all my clones to root and make a side grow comparison I figure I have 5-7 days left before they should actually be rooted (2weeks) and 3-5 days of germination for seeds. I have one gg#4 clone from my shop and 3 dgth. One dgth clone is a top off of the healthiest most vigorous plant and 2 are from the slow grower. My gg#4s have been healthy and free from diseases and deficiencies and very vigorous plants. I'll probably start another journal to share my experience of vigorous clones vs. the vigor of seeds 😉.

Comment

Well maybe they will all pick up soon. You never know

Comment

Clear cup method for cloning 😉. I definitely think they're taking using some recycled soil from my autos. I ran out of pellets and forgot to get more yesterday so mamma mia seeds are in roots organics original after showing tap roots this morning. I'll be setting up another seedling area shortly for the dgth clones.

Gnats were a bigger issue then I thought after inspecting my hood and seeing more leaf damage. Maybe they're getting in through the active intake...going to put a piece of filter on the end. I have to redo my window. Take out the ac unit since its getting cold and make another window board for intake and outtake. Dgth girls are shooting right up after daily training. I'm not going to lollipop but I will take off some growth tips as I go. Bottom nodes have caught up to upper canopy and the fim one has some crazy growth on top. Will get pics of them up before flip day 😉..

Giving up on what to do with my not gcs until I get my guy over here to wire up the helios. My meter was spinning like a top when I hooked up the extra light in the tent in the shop. Trying to get him over asap but he's gone on a mini vacation and won't be back till after the weekend. Excited to get a new veg/auto room up 😉. I have found a way to avoid light contamination but will have to do my work (water) and what not on my gg#4s light schedule..looking into air injection oldjarhead100. That will be a great addition to my plans in my shop. I've been thinking about the benefits a lot.

Hope you all have a great weekend I'm going to be hammered at work with a car show for child burn victims charity through the local fire department. And I'm going to have to work my ass off today and tomorrow. I haven't had a weekend off in almost a year 😥. But the boss knows he can count on me and nobody else can handle it when 💩 gets crazy. He knows he can leave and it won't turn into a 💩 show lmao. Happy growing all. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_094708.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	248530

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you should remind your boss that being the competent person is worth more than the current paycheck and a pat on the back 😉😉

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          He's super cool. The only boss I've had that just throws me a Ben Franklin everytime I pull rabbits out of my hat 😆. He knows what I want but is unable to give it to me without losing an employee. Been hard to get people on board that are competent lmao. I already walked out and he had to call me back after he realized the mistake of letting me go.

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          We have that same problem in construction. What's worse is that in the union you are paid the same whether you are good at your job or not. They just don't keep their jobs long is all....they just go fuck up someone else's program with their stupidity Haha

Full disclosure... Stopped daily foliar, down to twice a week with kelplex, epson salt, liquid bone meal and well water.

Teas and solutions. Casting tea with neem kelp and molasses. Kelp oyster shell humic acids castings and oregonismsxl. Neem meal kelp meal epsom salt rock phosphate castings 1tbl used coffee grounds RO uprising formula.
        Kelplex solution with epson salt. Kelplex solution. Kelplex solution with Oregonismxl. Oregonismxl solution.

Top dressed de, roots organics uprising and bti. Oregonismxl incorporated into soil. Top dressed rock phosphate, fish bone meal, kelp meal, epson salt, and langbeinite. Plain water three or four times. Minimal run off in final pots twice but only once with plain water.

Temps running at 68f low 83f high. Rh between 32-40% lights on and 58% lights off. No ph or ec testing diluting solutions and teas by 50%. Lighting 18/6 mh for 4weeks then switched to hps. Lst, minor defoliating, no lollipopping, topped and fim, bonding, and removing lower growth tips to promote upper growth.
        Cloned 2 dgth successfully. And may take other clones if I feel I can get away with it when and after flip date.

Auto not gc are pulling out of a slump, still only one looks like it will be worthy of a challenge. Going to get them on another light schedule before flip date. Going to run them 20/4 with some clones and seedlings in the mix. Hoping to get some photos up to par to flip with the dgth, but no guarantees.

Pics of dgth at lights out so they look a little droopy 😉. Happy growing all and ✌ 💘 and mj grease!!

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. I know I remind you all the time 😆. It's just the gc strain was what intrigued me about doing this challenge. And I've already failed whatever they are 😉.

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Just giving you shit, friend 😉😁

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          RosettaStoned I know it makes me feel less sensitive about it. Makes me realize we have to play the cards we're dealt or just fold. And I sir will never give up on a mj plant unless it's a male lmao.

New camera app still toying with it. I'm going to try editing or getting the settings down right. But it's much better then standard hps view and a little better then the sunglasses I use. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180918_230539.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	250349

Took a few fans off and I have more potential clones to take from lower nodes. May as well get my money's worth from these $20 seeds 😆. Going to have to make a little investment but equipment will be easier with my new supplier.

Had to raise the light a bit the dgth seem a little sensitive to 14". Moving the not gc photos out in the next 24 hours and will have them set up in their own 4x4 tent with a 1000w hps. Not sure on what kind of bulb it is as it looks different from mine, but they're both hortilux.

Would love to get another few weeks to scrog these babies but I'm ready for Saturday. Topped dressed my special flower mix which can use some adjusting but happy how it's working on my girls in the shop.

Working on modifying my organics a little. It seems I get a titch of tip burn right as they transition. So I'm leaning towards compaction effecting ec in my soil Campesino. This time in my shop I used my soil mix to top dress about 2 inches of soil in a 15 gallon fabric pot. Plus I used a piece of cherry wood to poke holes in the soil and added mycorrhizae then inserted stakes in the soil after all said and done they aren't showing the same signs of tip burn. Granted it could be strain related but I think I'm going to add worms to help keep things loose. The added oxygen seems to help 😉. Ready for some flower power 🍻 ✌.

Comment

Chefbjy you didn't fail at the challenge you were supplied with defective seeds lol ,I should have some GC clones in 3 days you can have one of those
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            I meant I failed those as a whole. They could have been much more promising if I had known what I was working with. And now they are pulling out of a slump they still suffered. Got tio get em out of there today. Thanks ojh but I can't drive to Mass to get her 😆.

Dude Chefbjy or is it chefGC🤣😉 if you can manage a couple days away from the kitchen we should meet halfway around KingKush and hang out at his golf course. By then I'll have some GC clones.

The Dark Ghost Train Haze is what caught my intrest for the challenge but the Gorilla Cookies smells enticing already. Since I only bought one seed I will be cloning and monster cropping for sure.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha yeah I could try to escape but it's kinda hard with my schedule. That would be awesome though I would love to grow her for real 😆. But I'm not really a golfer 😉. I have been and played just for fun while getting drunk, slicing balls, and losing balls. My only days off are midweek and I could definitely use a break. KingKush is pretty close to me though and might be able to go on a. Wednesday ✌.

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm no golfer by any stretch of the term. I just mentioned a meeting point. Most courses have decent food and/or bar. Midweek won't be a problem for me in the winter.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Californiakid that sounds great but aren't most golf courses closed during the winter? 😆 any place with great food sounds great though. Maybe KingKush could recommend a place and bring some of that pre98 with him 😉. I got some Skywalker auto you guys can taste. Let's make a plan. 👍

Some new ingredients that I may use in a tea. And a hungry little plant to help battle my gnats 😆 i should have picked up a couple more some of them looked like they were staving. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180919_152036.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	250568

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            It smells great. At first it was really stinky but now it's smelling sweet. Almost like patchouli 😋.

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            The hippie stank 😂🤣

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Feed me seymour

Major lst/suppercropping sesh. The added time will help me pick clones from the leggy skinny dgth. I like the node spacing and its easy to manipulate 😉. There one in the backt needs a bit of a haircut but should spread out nicely to fill the rear by herself. The fimd bottom branches are going to make the front one very promising and might just meet my needs to fill that space. Little worried the center plant will have more stretch then the rest and might have to supercrop more. And hopefully she fills the center with all these growth tips. Californiakid the center one is the one I pushed back to the center of the pot using supercropping it was topped however it kept growing horizontal until now 😉.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Think my pictures got mislabeled..wierd.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking good chefbjy I plan on topping my girls again today

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks ojh 😉.

Few pics of not gc photos lights are off but there is still a little light coming in. They smell a little like gg#4 aside from the Skywalker that smells like fruity pebbles 😆. Skywalker left front, all others unknown lmao. Thanks Seedsman. I knew I would be low on smoke, waiting on my shop for another 6 weeks so add another 3-6 weeks for cure time. I'm stretching it thin with my mj but it's mostly been used for trade for my equipment. Instead of spending cash I'm more than happy to trade as long as it keeps me growing 😉.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like that idea trading for stuff thats how everything was done a hundred years ago (no I was not there lol)

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey ojh I know right? The wife thinks it's a great idea too. Even though we have to dip into our personal stash, it's better then dipping into our pockets 😉.

Well it wouldn't be MY grow if there weren't training mistakes (facepalm). Gave a haircut to the 2 bushy ladies, did some supercropping and lst to the leggy one, and snapped a main stem in half trying to spread one out. 😥 She's taped up now but I'm going to have to get some grafting tape or something that will expand when the stem begins to swell. It was inevitable that I screw something up. Hopefully she heals well 😢. How upsetting. This might change the way my tent fills out 😟.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20180924_051813.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	251921
          Guess it's a good thing I got a couple clones. Getting some more supplies to take a few more. Thinking I'll clean out the veg room to make room for them, and take the cuttings Wednesday. There's a pic of a fimd top growing a leaf from the center in there.

Kicking myself in the arse for breaking that girl, she is a favorite. The healthiest and hardiest one I had to snap in half, fml. These past couple weeks have been a real drag for me and this makes me feel worse. Oh well, good thing I got other seeds, clones, and plants going on or I'd really be giving myself a lashing. Pictures are before the break. This month has gotten the better of me and I hope things turn around for me. May all of you have a better week then mine has started out. ✌
          Last edited by Chefbjy; 09-24-2018, 08:58 AM. Reason: Added tape job pic.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the same thing to a GC branch a few days ago. Taped up and still going strong. It will be fine 😁 your month is like my life. Happy growing

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol RosettaStoned I was just texting my wife fml. I've come to realize no matter how hard I try I end up f@$king 💩 up. She helps me see past the negetive and focus on the positive 😉. If only I had that mentality all the time 😆. I'm always chomping at the bit knowing 💩 happens and its usually to me. ✌

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Chef I wouldnt worry a bit. Everyone calls me the bionic man. Because apparently I like to get hurt but cant be killed. I've got metal and fake parts in half my body lmao but not a joke. And I keep going. Plants dont care if a part breaks off. They grow another one.

Yeah I've had this happen before but it was 4-5 weeks before harvest and my first grow. She ended up being my best plant and the reason I continued to grow. Ended up with some big over dried but killer buds. Had electrical tape on it and never took it off till about 2 weeks before harvest. It healed but still needed to be held together by tape. It's been a few hours now she looks good and I untied the branches to relieve pressure. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_065158.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	251951

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Before you attempt to bend your next stem - find the area you are going to bend and massage the area between you thumb and forefinger. This way the planned area for bending won't snap or pinch. She will come around - had one plant fall off its riser and laid on my best plant overnight, lots of bent branches, nothing broken and by the end of the day both plants were standing straight up.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 I was just tightening the tie that was already there. I should have just went closer to the top and made a new bend then tied it down.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chefbjy weve all done that I dont think ive had a grow where I didn't at least break one branch it does freak you out and its definitely a WTF moment but thats all it is a moment . I had a outside plant get laid on by a Moose it was flat as a pancake I just straightened it as best I could and she didnt miss a beat lol

So I'm pretty sure the reason they look like they've been through a battle is because of my top dressing and feed regime meant for a photoperiod veg. They aren't pretty but they got some big nugs forming. Buds smell good but this grow costed me big time. Still I'm glad I didn't cull them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X