A very odd phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very odd phenomenon

My wife does not smoke, but she decided to try it a couple months back. I made sure I monitored how much she got (3 hits of a bowl), and the weirdest thing happened.

About 10 minutes after smoking, we went inside and she lost her ability to talk! For about 20 minutes she was completely mute. When she was finally able to talk, she said, "What the fuck was that???"

I asked her what happened and she said it was like she could see the words at the front of her brain, but nothing could come out. She did have a good time after that, enjoying in all the stereotypical stoner moments (munchies, time seeming to crawl to a halt, holding a cup of water in her hand and saying she was so thirsty, not realizing she was holding a cup of water lol), but I have never heard of anything like this happening to anyone that I've ever smoked with.

She smoked again 3 or 4 different times after that, and every time this odd phenomenon occured within 10 minutes of smoking, and lasted about the same amount of time.

Has anyone ever had or heard about something like this happening? It was truly an odd experience to witness!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Never heard of it....but I like it..... what strain?

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubba Kush auto. Didn't happen with me! Lol

I know an older fella who smoked his own stuff for the first time and claimed that his legs didn't work for about a half hour. Freaked him right out.

Comment

I would ask a doctor.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Let me show you all this and make of it what ya will but I know that in the past I had a client when I lived in the United Kingdom who used cannabis resin to alleviate multiple sclerosis onset’s.

The University of Cadiz in Spain used synthetic analogues of marijuana on an animal tongue and found the they inhibit the information that reaches these neurons via synapses.

Comment

I'm about to read Naked's article, but it sounds like a kind of cool phenomenon: the high left her speechless.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        It definitely did! She said she didn't mind that part!

Forgetting to complete a task you intended to do is a common effect, but not talking I have never seen. Possibly sensory overload.
      Last edited by starramus; 08-13-2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

During heavy hashish sessions in the military a group of us would experience mass hallucinations. Now that was other worldly. How can it be a hallucination if more than one can perceive the same “vision”?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          starramus , sounds to me like yall were smoking hashish, loaded with opium, I know I've seen all kinds of wild sh-t, smoking opium before.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it was laced with opium. It was black Afghan hashish. We knew that, but in those times we just wanted to get higher.

""Commercial" black hash often contains opium---something to be aware of before you find yourself waking up in a strange place. A flood of opium from Afghanistan in recent years (I can't help but see images of Air America in Vietnam) has found its way into hash sold on the street, sometimes in ratios as high as 50 percent. The addition of raw opium into the poorest-quality hash turns it into a potent smoke, some- times too potent for casual pot smokers who aren't prepared for the often nauseating and sometimes paralyzing effects of opium smoke. Opium-laced hash can usually be identified as having a pliable and sticky texture; it will have a sickly sweet smell before burning that will become stronger when it is burned. Like opium, the smoke of opium-laced hashish seems to continue expanding in your lungs even after you've stopped inhaling. If you suspect the hash you're smoking is doctored with opium, I recommend taking no more than three hits before waiting at least fifteen minutes to see how powerful its effect will be."

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          The first opium hash I ever smoked, a friend brought back from Germany, he had it hid in his combat boots heel. It had distinct white layers in the hash. And was killer.
          I smoked plenty of opium in Vietnam,
          but it wasnt nearly as good as the Germany hash.

Sounds to me like she was trippin’ Ballz! Lol I feel like it may be just a confusion in the brain with the onset of effects. I bet after a few more smokes this won’t happen. Keep us posted on this though, I am intrigued. I had a buddy that used to get so messed up from a joint he would think people were touching him when he wasn’t looking 😂 he grew out of it as he smoked more frequently.
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH
        2x innova 19w full spec led
        175cfm fan, can 33 filter
        8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking this is a very good explanation, and I agree, if she continued to smoke that effect would go away after a while.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Doubledealing72, yeah I believe BlueBudz has a good answer too, I remember clearly how f-cked up I got the first 5-6 times I got high, i thought i was playing in Jimi Hendrixs band on the Are You Experienced album. High as hell ,off of that dogsh-t Mex dirt weed, I'm damn sure glad it wasn't from some of this killer homegrown, that we all grow now.
          This homegrown is powerful stuff, I'm glad you watched how many hits she took.
          After several more sessions, I bet that goes away, and she wants to get high every time you do. Have a nice day 476.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X