Fluoride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluoride

I'm probably overthinking things so hard but I just planted my 1st weed seed in the dirt after a 3 day germination! I'm worried like it's my 1st child haha. My tap water has fluoride in it is that going to affect the plant? And I thought I was supposed to check the pH of my water but I'm not using nutes I'm using a super soil should I still check the pH of the water going in if it's just tap water? (I've been told multiple things on pH wanting to clear it up)

I bought 2 gallons of spring water, saved the jugs and fill with my "city water" I let the jugs sit without the tops on for a minimum of 24 to 36 hours before I use it. Yes, ALWAYS check your pH. I bought the pH meter off Amazon that NebulaHaze suggests in the tutorial article on pH testing. (Link is in the article) it is always a good idea to check your pH levels.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do thanks man!

It's a great idea to check your PH.
    You shouldn't need to adjust it though, that is part of the job that all those tiny little micro organisms do when you grow in living soil. I for some reason you do need to adjust it though, use something that won't kill of all that inoculation you paid extra for with the Super soil. You can use vinegar for ph down, and baking soda for PH up. The chemical ph up/ down can kill them.

That Fluoride is not good for you in the high doses they put it in munisiple water supplies.
    I have a friend that grew up in one of the towns in Texas where they fluoridated the water heavily, his teeth are deformed, with this deep serrations in them. He's got some other health issues most likely caused by it. I would definitely get a filter, fluoride is a necessary element at extremely small levels, at what goes into water, on top of whats in most peoples toothpaste and mouth wash, it's way to much.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea that's funny cause without thinking I went and bought a tiny little sample of pH up/down not thinking about what it would do to my dirt! Thanks so much you saved my grow. So let's say my water comes in at 8 pH and soil needs to be 6-7 should I attempt to adjust it then? Or that's what the soil be doing

I've seen growers who were growing in good living soil, use PH of 8 as there water supply without doing anything to ph the water. It was on a Jorge Cervantes video. It's probably worth noting that they were in the ground, with very large plants, so a pretty big biosphere of soil life to bring it back into range, possible a smaller volume of soil would moderate the PH less, but not really sure.
    One thing you could try, is adjusting with something benign to the micro organisms, and just start easing off. If the plants look happy without anymore baking soda or vinegar, you know your soil is up to it.
    Regular side dressings of earth worm castings, will help keep your soil in tip top shape, and if you add just a little Bat Guano once your into your grow a bit, and again when they start to flower, it can really help boost yields. Basically that's how the folks growing 5 pound plants out in California grow, seems to be working for my little plants to
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright dude that's wicked thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X