Harvesting colas at different times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvesting colas at different times

First time grower here approaching my first harvest. For this grow I have used CFL’s and I seem to have a lot of under developed nugs in the middle canopy and lower as you would, I am wandering if I can harvest colas at a time? I topped my plants and have a good handful of colas that are almost ready at the top canopy main colas, I was wandering if I could just chop them down and leave the rest of the plant for another couple days to a week to mature.

I have wanted to do that in the past but unfortunately I use my grow room for drying because of need for carbon filter. If odor isn't an issue for you I'd say go for it. Several here have done selective harvesting so wait for them to reply. My top colas are always ready before the lower ones.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah should be okay then, I have 2 plants anyway so even if I harvested 1 of them as a whole, the other wouldn’t be ready. I am also in 65% humidity so am going to be using a drying rack sort of thing and only leave little stem on

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah rizcuny 65% humidity is a little high for drying. I think a drying rack would be a good idea.

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m thinking take the buds off individually and leaving a small amount of stem on and place on a rack but the humidity is occasionally as low as 55 but sometimes as high as 85. It’s gonna be tough and I’m not sure how to control it as I can’t attemot to right now with the tents CFL’s always on which changes the temp and humidity a lot. Also depends on weather I open the window. I’m hoping for a shortish dry 3-5 days so I can get curing ASAP

Harvesting in stages is fine. The only time I would be a little worried to try it, is if the humidity is real high, since with the open "wound", there is a higher chance of some mold infection.
    I have harvested in stages, and it worked great!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s my sting area that’s gonna be 65% humidity, my tent is always at 40-45

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X