No announcement yet.

Molasses or honey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough up the ground, sprinkle it around, and water or wait for rain if outdoors. No real measurement...lol

Comment

I use this molasses. https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Mola...es+unsulphured

However it is in a smaller container, and even with free shipping (i've got prime) it is cheaper from the Waltons. From what I can tell as i haven't grown without it seems to work well. Honey I would not recommend.
      Last edited by starramus; 08-12-2018, 08:48 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

starramus. Why not honey. Doesn't honey and molasses do the same thing for the plants?

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          You can use Honey if you want. They have the same NPK ratio as Molasses. (1 0 5). The plants absorb molasses into their roots faster then honey. Also I think molasses is a bit cheaper then honey.

I grow in coco, and never use any sugar. I have no microbes to feed, and plants make sugar, they don't eat it. It's like feeding milk to a cow.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          You wouldnt use it except in soil. It feeds the good stuff in the soil. And has lots of nutrients.

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. Soil growers do benefit by feeding the microbes when the plant stops feeding them. That is why I specified coco.

I use unsulphured mollass only in bloom too feed microbes in the soil then as they die off that's what the roots use. And it makes them buds sweet and big a half tea spoon per gallon once every other watering intill week 7 of bloom then stop works great for me

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X