Calcium lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcium lockout

It seems as though i continue to have some calcium deficiancy's with my grows. I always use sufficient CAL mag, and PHd water. I'M wondering if the actual water I use is the problem? I use spring water from my local Harris Teeter, and always ph it down. Can anyone help me with this?
    Last edited by rmyers555; 07-30-2018, 01:08 PM.

What's your PH going in, coming out, and the grow medium or in?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

PH going in is always between 6.2 and 6.5.. I use Happy Frog grow med. I have to admit, i dnt ph the water coming out

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I would check it coming out, if you keep increasing the Cal Mag but nothing's changing most likely lockout. pictures of the plant would help to make sure it's not something else. How much Cal Mag to a gallon? What size pot? How old are your plants?

• rmyers555
        rmyers555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. i'm new to the site' still trying to figure out how to post pics..I'm adding 6ml of cal-mag per gallon in 3gal pots. The plants are at 7weeks..I'm trying to get this resolved before switching over to flower.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you adding any other nutes besides calmag or are you at 7 weeks just on the soil?

IF you are growing in coco, this is kind of expected. Coco needs double to triple calcium when it is first used.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I appreciate that. But I'm using Happy Frog

Comment

Are you ph’ing the water before adding the nutes? Thats the way I read it..
          if so, try adding nutes THEN worry about the ph.
          Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

• rmyers555
            rmyers555 commented
            Editing a comment
            I definately Ph my water after i add my nutes..

Attached Files

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks too familiar, I'm in straight coco tho.

7 weeks just on soil..I watered yesterday with cal-mag.. Ive been using cal-mag every water. But its not getting better

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you water your plant? How much? How often? To runoff or not?

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have pictures of the whole plant maybe even in the set up?

• rmyers555
            rmyers555 commented
            Editing a comment
            I water every 3 to 4 days till run-off..Im trying to get more pics for you

I'm not big on nutes' but i experiment a little here and there.. Ive used some Ryzofuel carburant maybe once in the 7 weeks

Comment

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice looking setup rmyers555, you plant are coming along just need a little help.
              It looks like you do have a magnesium deficiency( yellow in the margins) but I'm thinking a couple things could help the environment.

1).Your Leaf is drooping and curling this can be a root problem/watering problem, make sure you are letting the pots dry out but not going to long before watering and have good drainage. Soil does not need a lot of runoff and if you have been pushing a lot of runoff out the soil itself may be depleted of nutrients it started with. if you have been getting a lot of runoff and your coming out PH is way off a good flush to correct PH is a good idea (lockout) you will need to feed the girls at some point 3gl. Of happy frog isn't going to make it the grow. If you don't like/use some kind of fertilizer your yield can go down hill, I know that D.A.A.S.69 uses mostly just soil and unsulphured molasses through his grows so they is alternatives but I'd look at having some NPK on hand.
              Do you have roots growing out the bottom of your pots? Does it take along time to dry out?

The droop can also be windburn (the fan under your plants can be the suspect) if they were my plants I'd take a couple fan leafs off in the middle of the plant to get air flow and move that fan up above the canopy. What's your temperature? High/low? How close/watts is your light.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Also are they Autos or Photos?

Thanks Mr.furley, I water just till i get a descent , even leakedge. But it does take a little while for it to dry. Longer then usual.. Alomost 4 days.The fan below is to drive my co2 up. But i see where you going with that. But all fans go off on down time for 6 hours..18/6 with 3 plants in 3x3x5 tent with a HLG 300 Led fixture pushing 280 watts full spectrum.I have it about 24 inches above the canopy. Thats my new toy.Lol..The roots are not really growing out yet, but are visible.I'm transplanting fom 1 gallon to 5 gallon on my next grow i started. But these start and finish in the same pots. Temps stay about 85 right now, Not sure about temps when lights out. Gotta keep sealed with co2 but i think 85 is ok. Humidity around 60%..What type of water is best to flush with? And do i use cal-mag during flushing?? I bought some purified water, and was gonna use that. I was a little surprised how high in ph it is.. bout 8.0

Comment

• rmyers555
              rmyers555 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. furley, they are Photos, Blue Dream, Papaya, and Girl Scout Cookie.
              Last edited by rmyers555; 07-30-2018, 11:13 PM. Reason: I had something to add...

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              If you flush just use plan PH water at 6.5. Purified water is just water that has been boiled, you can use that. I would drill a lot of holes in your pots, on the side, bottoms, I think you are have a root problem/rot by taking so long to dry out especially in a 3gl pot and a fan blowing right on it, I'd look at this ASAP before a flush.

3gl will get it done but 5gl get it done better with a longer vegging plant(7weeks+) 85f/ 60% humidity is OK for now but after the flip target 74f/30% humidity. I would still move the fan if at all possible.
              Hope this helps and will be here for updates.
              Good luck

• Jibblerjoe
              Jibblerjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              How's that light

Ok , thank you for your input Mr. furley.. I have some fairly large holes in the bottom/sides already,, Hmm,, should i consider transplanting maybe??

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't really tell by your picture that you have many holes in the side of your buckets I drill a s*** ton more first, get them to dry out. next watering check the runoff PH then decide if you need to transplant for flush

• rmyers555
              rmyers555 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you guys..Im gonna drill a bunch of holes, let it dry out really good, then do a flush. The blue dream seems to be very sensitive. She will droop after touching her, or prunning..I will keep you guys posted!

I use tap water that sits for several days for chlorine to dissipate but my local hydro guy highly recommends spring water, so I doubt your water is the issue. Good luck getting back on track!
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              How's the pants doing?

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr.furley they made it to harvest, 1 1/2 weeks ago. Never figured out my issue but ended up with a little over 4 oz dry per plant (auto) so no real complaints. I used the same fabric pots from the previous grow that had the same issue so a fungus could be my problem, maybe? They sure looked similar to the photos in the sick plant diagnosis of a tobacco virus even before Nebula's article in this week's newsletter. It is a helpless feeling seeing your plants health decline and not know what to do and once in flower I didn't want to spray them with anything. I cleaned the fabric pots at a car wash and ran them through the washer (no soap) but would that removed all of a possible fungus? I clean my grow room between grows (vacuum only) but plan on sanitizing and getting new fabric pots before next grow. Live and learn... hopefully!

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear PC. 4 ohs a plant is nothing to shake a stick at, and congratulations.
              I read an article the other day about cleaning/removing salt stains and build up, equal parts vinegar to alcohol spray with a spray bottle and rub with a brush I would figure something like a fungus or viral you would want to use alcohol but it would probably be the safest route to replace them and clean down your whole area with a 100ppm bleach solution or or equivalent.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X