Hemp or Cannabis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hemp or Cannabis??

Hey all, how do you know if what you've grown is Hemp or actually cannabis? might well have an issue here, with shit seeds.........6 foot tall now and still no signs of flowering. female preflowers a while ago. or is to just UK summer is off the scale and i need to wait for darker nights...

Hemp flowers and produces seeds also.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

so you're saying it should still flower up? thx

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it should.

6 foot tall....wholly crap! What is/was it supposed to be strain wise? Seeds you bought or given to you?

Comment

• Rocketdog
        Rocketdog commented
        Editing a comment
        White widow i was told. but i doubt that! given by mate of a mate......but also told feminised......7 out of 8 turned to male months ago though!

Ive seen 14ft plants

Comment

Ya man, 6' foot is small compared to how big some plants can actually get!!
        Once your day's start getting down bellow 14 hours, they should start flowering. My guess is at least mid August till they start flowering in the UK, I think I am on a similar parallel, with where I'm at in Colorado USA.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Google " Jorge Cervantes/ land of giants" some time. amazing what these plants can do with the right environment and long enough growing season.

Yeh she's 6 foot now. bit droopy as i have had to move it out of the greenhouse as it was getting too big for the greenhouse. that fruit cage behind is 7 foot tall! i was told it was white widow seeds, but feel thats a load of crap! just hope that all the labor put into this plant turns out well. look at my reovirus posts and you'll see the preflowers from a month ago. guessing too that when it gets shorter night hours it may flower. fingers crossed indeed. also once my tomatoes have gone then she will be able to move back into the greenhouse for flowering. she's coping we'll outside and lat night had her first shower of light rain. i have had to tie her up as she cant stand very well on her own with the breeze around. reckon i re-pot to bigger?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rocketdog
          Rocketdog commented
          Editing a comment
          correction--look at my previous posts.

I'd re-pot her, but I grow in soil and tend to give my plants a pretty big root space if possible. I know some folks pull off pretty big plants for the pot size, but they are constantly feeding and watering, since the plant will go through nutes and water real fast in a small pot.
        Also, I would open her up once she gets back to the greenhouse, before she starts to flower. That way all the bud sites get plenty of light and air flow, which will help with flower production, and decrease your chances of mold. If I were doing it, I would probably get some long plant stakes like you got, and once she is in final home, stake those branches out sort of a 45 degree angle, away from the plant. That will make her take up lots of space, but also be able to grow more bud!!

White Widow strains tend to not get as big as your plant, depending on how those " Feminized" seeds happened, the mother could have been pollinated by another plant that went "Hermaphrodite" , that is, a female that got stressed, and so started making some pollen sacks. Could be some type of cross.

No way to really tell for sure if it is actually hemp, or just a cross of a couple variety's of Marijuana, until harvest, but my guess is on just some type white widow crossed with a big strain.
        If it were me, I would just keep growing her out, once she is in the flowering window, harvest some and smoke it! If it don't get ya high, well, at least ya got practice growing, if it does, you will have one nice big crop of bud!!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          Editing a comment
          That Ak is a great strain, gives such a nice calming buzz, and a big producer. I have seen growers of BIG AK greenhouse plants have some bud rot problems though, so make sure you get some good air circulation on all of them during flower, and be careful not to let the Colas get up against your plastic( helped a grower one time, throw out a bunch that I was supposed to help him trim, because it got wet and moldy). Just open em up good, and keep some oscillating fans on them, and do your best to keep the humidity under control, so that can't happen to you!
          One thing I saw on Jorge's channel , with the big outdoor plants in California, was growers would clean out all the stuff in the middle of the plants, that way that section of stagnant air and breeding ground for mold and pests, would be empty. They would get all there bud growth on the outside of the plants, where the buds could get plenty of breeze, and sun to fatten them up.
          Thinkin that Super Cropping will help with this, just get lots of bud sites all on the outside of the plant, kinda what I am trying to do with this grow, anyway!

• GreenhouseEffect
          Editing a comment
          What's your weather typically like in the late summer/fall? It is possible to manipulate when your plants go into flowering, that way you can have them producing buds during the most ideal conditions.

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I am having serious issues keeping mine up and seperated. The buds started to seriously fatten up. I have so many stakes ties, yoyos and time in this one plant now. On my one left i have 9 fans in the tent. A 8 inch vent fan and a dehumidifier going 24 hours a day. If I can finish her she will be my best producer yet. She is nowhere near done and now im starting to worry. Just way to many huge colas to keep up.

What size pot is that? 10 or 12 Gallon? For a girl that size id repot much bigger since she hasnt even hit her stride yet. But I would only do that if you are confident in your skills to do that.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X