Dark Harvest Grow Challenge Trichomefarmer88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Harvest Grow Challenge Trichomefarmer88

I will be growing two seeds of each, Gorilla Cookies Fem (from seedmans), and Ghost Train Haze Fem (from seedmans.) I will be doing all four the same way with same home made 5 gal dwc buckets. I use atleast 6 inch basket in my lids with clay pebbles as grow media.
    starting seeds
    I will be soaking my seeds for 24 hours in water, then will place in paper towel for 3 4 days, until white tail pops out of seed.. then will be placed in rapid rooters peat plugs. then place my plugs in a plastic cake container under a 30watt florescent tube ( Morris seed starter light) where I mist about every other day.. after plants gets there sun leaves an a nice little root system popping out,
    Veg
    I'll place them in the hydro buckets an into the Veg closet(about 4ft by 3ft. 9ft tall). there they will be saturated with cfl lights. I have 6 6500k an 8 3200k all bulbs are 23 watts a piece.. they will start out with just calmag an General hydroponics floratious plus an hydrogaurd... from there I will ease in nutrents an additives.. I'll be running General hydroponics maxibloom Lucas formula... half strength threw veg under clf lower watts. Also General hydroponics armor si., and some photosynthesis plus. . All will be started at half strengths an worked up. This is also the point I will top an start my manifold ( depending on time limits to how many branches).
    Flower
    Now I'll be flowing in my flower tent, it's 36 inch by 36 inch by 6ft tall. I run a 6inch cool tube 600watt hps. Beside a 600 watt LED. I have an 6 inch in line fan blowing 24/7 and the 6 inch out take fan is hooked up to my cool tube light an has a charcoal filter on outside of tent.. I also have a 600 watt MH light bulb that I start my flower with. I'll be running full strength Lucas with maxi bloom, calmag, big bud, hydrogaurd, rock resinator, photo plus, an will end with over drive replacing the big bud, with a bit of canazymes. Everything will be started half strength an work up to full.. will do a little deflation start of flower, will super crop big branches out if needed.. an just try to tuck more than cut out possible..
    dark period
    Now in hydro I've only been flushing about 3 to 6 days. I'm this time period the plants get plain water phd at 5.8. About six to three days before the flush I switch my hps bulb to MH bulb.. an turn only my infrared light on my LED.. then when i flush i take all finished plants out of tent an put bedside it in pure darkness for 3 to 7 days max.. i will probably switch days on each plant to find what works best.. I harvest the trichomes not the bud... so maybe I'll try switching up a bit here an there but will keep everything posted.
    Info
    I started growing because of my old head came by about two an half years ago, an had three outside pink kush plants, an they where getting to big for her porch. So I have it a shot an at the end only one made it... cfllights an just thrown in my basement .. crazy times.. but I smoker medical buds because of all my stomach problem.. I have I.B.S. an a few others that the buds really help! But even before my stomach problems I've always smoke, for as long as i could remember..
    Last edited by Trichomefarmer88; 08-01-2018, 02:47 PM.

now I understand LOL
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol sorry man I just seen your messages or would of helped, glad to see you figured it out tho! Can't wait to start these seeds!

So.. getting ready to start soaking my seeds here in ten days!! I make up 4 new 5 gal hydro buckets. Quite simple an only takes few mins after you get what you need... i even started making my own lid an baskets.. found these little colored baskets at a dollar store.. only had to poke few holes in the bottom of them an they're ready. I then got Lowe's bucket with the flimsy lids an cut my holes out an slid the baskets in.. I then used gorilla tape to secure the basket in place an taped rest of lids for no chance of light leak.. I then use a drill an bit to drill hole in lid for black tube to go threw for air stone. Now, you can put your hole in lid or top side of bucket.. which is how I learned to make these.. but I made two of these buckeye few months ago an put my hole in bucket.. an just thought it was huge pain inn the ass I had to unplug the tube every week to empty my buckets.. now I'm trying to put tube threw lid.. so when I switch my water out my tube an air stone an stay with the lid... any how... that's pretty much it.. I use clay pebbles for my midea .. I use about three gals of water so it's just under my baskets..
    I also got a thing of big bud powder I'm going to run, and got terpinator.. I am thinking about getting a new hps bulb the eye hortilux super hps.. only been hearing the best about them so.. gonna grab one soon here.. can't wait to start! I'll try an get a few pics here later of the new buckets I made!! 😎I'm ready!! Lol

Comment

Started my soak last night around 1am.. I only got 2 dgth an 1 gc starting for now.. woke up this morning an they already have a tiny tail popping out!!! Wrapping all three in paper towel already! Can't wait for them to sprout

Comment

Also... I've been ordering new stuff for the grow.. got a new general hydroponics 4 way air pump (blue stone) so now I have same, one for veg and flower tent... got a liter of terpinator, new gallon of cal magic from general hydro. Big bud powder this time to try. And got the best 600watt bulb I could found! The eye hortilux super hps bulb!!! Brand new! Can't wait to see it in action... I've been running the bulb that came with my 6in. Cool tube hps light 600watt.. called via sun I believe... hander had any problems with the bulb yet.. but just almost time to replace it... so excited af to run the new bulb on these beautiful girls... I'll also try an post atleast once a week with the challenge... hopefully my girls flourish an I can help some people out along the way! This grow is going to be MENDO DOPE SICK!!! LOL.
        . Peace out for now!

Comment

So all three seedlings are in GH. rapid rooter plugs an put under little ferry Morse t5 seedling light.... will be misted daily until sprout... the way the roots popped out i don't think I'll be waiting very long!! Lol

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            mine popped in a day , I thought the humidity dome was for clones and seedlings didn't need it

• Trichomefarmer88
            Trichomefarmer88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dunno? Lol just the way I always sprouted my seeds.. works good for me.. i let them sprout then opens dome.. then intro dwc

Sprouted real nice, only few days from soaking seeds! Great so far!! My dgth look a bit off?? But maybe it's just me? Any ways they're in 5 gal dwc buckets with clay pebbles.. using 18 23watt cfl bulbs.. mostly day time.. but got a few mixed colors inn there so none of my plants shock when switched to flower! I only have 10ml cal magic in all with 6ml hydrogaurd.. Ph'd at 5.8 5.9... will hand feed daily..
          Last edited by Trichomefarmer88; 08-16-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            They seem to have a little yellow on the serrated leaves... I bet they grow out of it though.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            looking good thats about where mine are

Still going along.. gc is doing best.. dgth both are a bit wired? Dunno how to describe it.. they seemed shocked are helmet head from the seeds... which wasn't the case... anyone else having problems with there seedsmans dgth???

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            One of mine looks a little off. Another started out a little shocked from helmet head but looks like it's pulling out of it...I'm keeping an eye on the problem child 😉.

I've got some weird leaf shapes but they are growing
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Took these the other day and just been super busy.. lol anyways i had to pull one of my dgth.. it just shriveled up an fell over... maybe to much light ..lol few 23 watt cfl's.. but i dunno.. the other dgth is doing alright i guess.. still looks like shit tho? I went ahead an sunk another dgth the other day just to try something different..hopefully i don't mess this one up..

Comment

So i got an up grade!! Lol picked up a 5×5×6.5ft tent Agromax. With a 1000 watt switchable reflector wing grow bright. I have the grow bright light bulbs. MH. An HPS.. but I'm already bidding inn eye hortilux super hps an mh bulbs.. smh.. just paid all this money an up graded my 3an half ft tent .. but what ever i guess. I'm half way threw setting up so pictures after i finish.. Peace out for now

Comment

Took these yesterday.. gc roots have hit water!!! Dgth is starting to grow.. just funky.. I'll let it try to push threw! We'll see what happens.. i started another an going to put in some dirt to get its roots going.. then I'll wash them off once established an move into dwc bucket.... fingers crossed!!
                ✌peace out dirty dopers✌🤗😁

Comment

Tent is up and eveeything been moved inn! I really like the new set up.. got the write hortilux super hps bulb coming in a 1000 watt... i was over killing mutt plants with the two 600watts hopefully the 1k will be better.. i just put a GG#1 into flower to test the set up... well see what happens..

Comment

Took these this morning, man that gc is taken off! She'll got topped, hopefully not to early but we'll see here.. the dgth is still in its funk.. roots look healthy tho an just reaching water, hopefully she'll grow out of the funk.. we'll just have to wait an see!

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                      RosettaStoned commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hopefully it does, GC looks great! Nice vibrant green

Trichomefarmer88 I used a 5x5 for a few years with a 1000 w hps works great ,I always thought that 2 600s were better than 1 1000 its more economical and provides a more even coverage ,if you find the 1000 is two much I would go with 1 of the 600, the fact that you have topped your girls means that your doing something very right so keep on I'm just sharing thoughts lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X