Crap. Spider Mites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap. Spider Mites.

I am 99.99% certain that the weird shit I've been seeing on my indoor plants leaves is spider mites. At first I thought it was hard water stains (we have really hard water) but then I noticed the tiny holes and black specks on some of the worst leaves. I'd take a picture, but I doubt it would show too much, they're so tiny.

So, what YOUR favorite method for eradication. I feel like I have fucking lice now. Yuck.

Oh, also:

Plants are in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil
    They just got put in the flower chamber like 4 days ago, no bud activity yet.
    They're in smart pots
    Temp in room is probably just about perfect for the little bugs.
    I don't have enough airflow apparently.

Hey Sam, You'll need to spray em with Neem oil if they are not yet flowering. Dr. Jacks dead bug can be used right up to harvest.

Comment

• SamHeinous
      SamHeinous commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, one of our growers here just recommended the Captain Jack Dead Bug Brew, which I'll go pick up. He says it's not Spider Mites, that it's Thrips and this stuff should kill them with several applications and careful disinfecting of my grow box.

Here's a few photos. Ugh.

Comment

Kill as many as you can and have your fan blowing on the plant and soil - mites like the moisture - toss some dry dirt on top of what you have.- mites like the soil wet and will reproduce in the wet dirt - so every time you water, toss a little dry dirt on top.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Short of thermonuclear weapons I find the aforementioned neem oil the most effective. I was using Azamax, but either it is old and has lost potency or the little bastids have built up resistance. I don’t have the mites in my cannabis, but in my wife’s banana plants located in our sunroom.

Comment

Actually, one of our gardeners here at the shop just inspected my leaves and said that they're Thrips? I've never heard of this, but obviously Nebula has, because there's an article on it. My gardener says they're easier to deal with than spider mites at least.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with your gardener, I don't think those are spider mites. I have had what looks like the same thing on some of my lower leaves since the start of my current grow, back in May. No Mites to be seen, no webs, none of the extreme takeover that you see with mites, there has been plenty of breeze.
            I thought they were leaf miners, until I took a look at Nebulas tutorial just now, yep, leaf miners I believe. Come to think of it, been catching some tiny bugs that look like that, in my yellow sticky traps lately.

I use a foliar feeding called Foliar Essence - all organic and claim to help ward off pests. Spray it on once a week - or every five days like me.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X