Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here!! My first attempt at growing...anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undecided or male preflowers

Comment

Couple issues or non issues?

1. Whole plant is a paleish lime green, still growing healthy (better than some others)

2. Leaves around top of most plants have yellow tips, with only a few clawing downwards.

I have moved my light up to 20 inches above canopy, and I fed woth fox farms notes at 1/3 strength 2 days ago.

Any ideas??

Comment

• BurningTeddy
        BurningTeddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool thanks. Guess I'll just give it a few days with no nutes and watch since I've moved the light farther away already. How/what would I need to test EC?

Update! Out of 12 bagseed I've ended up with 8 confirmed females! Still plan on culling at least 2 more out once I need the space but we're looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningTeddy View Post
        Update! Out of 12 bagseed I've ended up with 8 confirmed females! Still plan on culling at least 2 more out once I need the space but we're looking good.
        You may decide against culling. Not trying to contradict Campesino but I’m running a similar 9 plant SOG in the same sized tent and I’m happy so far with the way it’s filling out. If you’ve already flipped and are committed to sog, I don’t think you’ll over crowd. You may not find any yield advantage though by keeping the two with a 300w light. Here’s a pic of my SOG on day 20.
        Perpetual harvest
        Sealed Room
        Full hydro
        Ebb and Flow
        Hydroton Media
        600w HPS
        GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• BurningTeddy
          BurningTeddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hadn't really planned a SOG setup but that's kind of what its turned into lol. I had only planned on keeping 6 since the beginning but I'm glad to hear that opinion. If I can manage the space I just might keep em all. Thanks.

Can’t get the photo to upload. I’ll do it when I get home from work.
        Perpetual harvest
        Sealed Room
        Full hydro
        Ebb and Flow
        Hydroton Media
        600w HPS
        GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Originally posted by Campesino
          No contradiction. I think he should keep all the healthy girls that he has room for!

IslandColas you must remember that I argued in favor of your SOG when setting up.

BurningTeddy has a smaller space and it seemed the plants may have already been larger than yours... But I agree, if they have room let them grow!
          Oh I remember lol I’d be trying to scrog that ridiculous amount of plants without your advice 😂
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

So, back from the weekend camping excursion and I find my girls swarmed with fungal gnats!! Will be picking up some neem oil and yellow sticky traps tomorrow morning.

other than the gnat damage to leaves, and a little underwatering I think, these girls are doing great. 1 has almost doubled in size already and all are showing the start of buds.

Comment

Looking good, my man.
              My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
              My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
              My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
              My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Well, gnats are under control, almost completely gone. I think I'm running into a phosphorus? deficiency now so have upped the nutes from 1/3 strength to about 3/4.

couple of the girls are over 2ft now while the rest are about 1.5ft.

Comment

Have 3 or 4 that have what look like seed sacs popping up. Have these gone hermie? Have been watching closely and 1 popped pistils out of em so I dont wanna jump to conclusions to quickly.

with hermie still grow sacs in bunches like regular males or only single sporadic sacs?

How bad would it be to just snip them with some scissors??

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are called calyxes - that's where the plant wants to grow her seeds after she's been fertilized - not a hermie. And with no males - fertilization won't happen.
                    Remember where those calyxes are cuz that is where you check your Trichomes for ripeness, when you get there.

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks guys.

So I still seem to be having some nutrient issues. Just did a first feeding of CalMag last night. PH is about 6.5-7 from what I can tell with the liquid tester (will be getting a digital as soon as I can).

I think we're finally done stretching with the 3 tallest being being just about 3ft and the rest between 2 and 2.5ft which was my goal so happy with that.

Gnats are under control, still see 1 or 2 flying around so am still doing a light spray of neem oil on the soil before lights out every other day.

Comment

Looks good - get some sticky fly strips for those bugs flying around.
                    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Soooooo super new guy mistake!! I have been checking the PH of everything going IN to my soil but have neglected to test the PH of my runoff. Turns out I do have a decent PH probpem with the soil as my runoff came out to 4!!

It's not to late to flush and correct the next time they need to be watered is it? Should I wait that long? They were just watered yesterday so will be 2 days before they need some more H2O.

Ugh, beating myself up on this one.

Comment

We're starting to smell!! Came home to a nice fresh piney lemon scent filling the tent.

Flushed all 8 over the past 2 days, not sure I did it right though. 3 gallons of ph 7 (light green) water through each pot. Looked like the runoff PH came up to just under 6 from (liquid tester was just barely orangish yellow) and am feeding at what I hope is 7 (light green). My digital tester should be here next week so if I'm not seeing improvements by then I'll flush again unless that's bad?

Gnats are also coming back so yellow sticky traps are just going to be a staple of my setup from now on.

Comment

Well, gnats are back with a vengeance after that flush. Thinking of hitting the soil woth the peroxide/water mixture to kill the larvae and then top off my pots with sand.

PH issue is under control, still kicking myself for that one. Am watering at 7 and runoff is 6.2-6.5. They're being watered almost every day at this point with how small of pots they're in.

Also going to be getting some small stakes and plant ties for a few of them as they're starting to lean.

Going on 30 days from 12/12 switch

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                            BurningTeddy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Campesino

• Chefbjy
                            Chefbjy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            BurningTeddy you're doing great for the first time growing anything 😉. I remember having gnat troubles my first grow and didn't know wth ph was lol. Hope you got that fixed...gnats are a pita. You can use some crushed up bti bits on top of the soil with those sticky traps. I also use diamatocious earth when the top soil dries out. Maybe hang some fly traps too. Looking great BT...death to the gnats. 😃

• freddyyola
                            freddyyola commented
                            Editing a comment
                            congrats! looking great bro, million times better than what igot going on right now in my first grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X