X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started 061018

(2) white widow
    (1) cheese

First time growing in soil. Any suggestions or feedback is welcomed. I tried hydro when I first started and didn’t work to well for me. It requires a lot. I’m currently growing in the following....

Fox Farm Happy Frog
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    7 gallon pot

Full line of Fox Farm Nutrients

I haven't been growing long but they look good. The pots you have may be on the big side for seedling but I can't quite tell from pics. I heard or read and its make since to water in circular motions around base of plant outwards to ensure the soil is getting water penetration deep enough to promote the roots to go down and not out. This helps so not to oversaturate soil when you just want to focus on small area at 1st. My thoughts at least. Good luck!
    Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
    Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
    Nutes: GH Trio Flora
    Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
    Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Comment

They look nice and healthy

Comment

Cab1080 it’s a 7 gallon pot. This is my second grow. First was hydro. That on didn’t go so well. I read that it was ok to plant directly into medium.

Comment

Every strain reacts a little different, looks like you're growing in a tent, ive found 5 gallon smartpots are ideal size for my tent (4×2.5×7) . Plus you save a little on dirt. I try to keep plants between 3.5 to 4.5 feet tall. With hanging lights , this gives you safe distance during flower.
          I also use FFOF , Ive never had a problem with seedlings going into medium a couple weeks after sprouting. I agree with cab1080 on watering pattern. Good luck on your grow!

Comment

Looking very healthy. I agree with cab that the container size is too large for the plant. An appropriate size pot seems to take some quesswork out of caring for the plant.
            “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• Cab1080
              Cab1080 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ripped right from GWE site here.

Note: If you have small plants in a big container, give only a little water at first, maybe just a few cups at a time. You want to be giving just enough water that it dries up within a few days. If it's dry by the next day, you need to give more water at a time. If it's taking more than 3-4 days to dry out, you need to give less water at a time until the plant is a little bigger and drinking more.

Great instructions on watering: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

Thanks guys for the input. Greatly appreciate it. How long from start to finish did it take for your crop?

Comment

7 gallon is fine - good job on putting the plants into the final pot you plan to use. That's how to do it with autoflowers. I have 2 outside right now in 7 gallon geopot. Looks like you have the same pots. Having handles on the pots is so helpful, cuz they are heavy when full of water.

Plants look real nice and perky, good color.

In you haven't already - get your pots off the floor with some kind of small riser. Geopot work best with airflow underneath the pot. Or the roots just grow out the bottom looking for someplace to go. The airflow will prune your roots as they poke out the sides and bottom.

Good luck growing!

Last crop was 90 days, from seed to harvest. OG Kush
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 will a pallet work?

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely

The happiest healthiest seedlings I’ve seen in any post. Congrats keep doing what you’re doing

Comment

9fingerleafs csn you tell me more about scroging?

Comment

• Cab1080
                    Cab1080 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well you see its is typical when people are in love well.....it's "wrestling with your socks on" lol I kid. I would like to know more about using it and "sea of green" in my micro grow.

• Chefbjy
                    Chefbjy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a great guide here on gwe for scrog.

• 9fingerleafs
                    9fingerleafs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes I suggest you read up what GWE recommends. This is my first time experimenting with scrog and I found out the right size for me is 8cm x 8cm squares. The training required will depend on the strain and you must be familiar with the height and structure otherwise you’ll end up like me with way too tall branches. To me it is a way to not only spread the branches. But to bring support so when they’re fat and heavy I don’t have to tie every cola to the light. There’s a lot more people don’t talk about like when to flip heightwise and horizontally. It’s one of those things only experience will teach. Good luck happy growing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X