Health check NL autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health check NL autos

Since this is my first grow I thought I'd post a few pictures to see if everything is looking good so far. I can't find my misplaced notebook but believe the big one is 20 days old and the smaller about 14 days old. One seed didn't pop so germinated another a week later.

The older one was planted directly into the 4-gallon fabric pot while the other in a small aerated cup. The direct to pot seedling started out very weak with very slow growth but started to take off quite rapidly in the last week or so, the one in the cup had nice consistent growth from the getgo and can now see roots in the bottom of the cup and will transplant today.

I also included a picture of my grow room which is kept more comfortable than the rest of my house. The air conditioner is controlled by a remote temperature controller set to turn on at 78F and off at 81F with the sensor at canopy level. The dehumidifier is set at 60% for now and will lower once buds come in. Hope these stay short as I only have 4 feet of maximum height.

Don't pay any attention to the wiring - I recently replaced my fuse box with a circuit breaker panel and am now integrating a standby generator. Also, the 5000 watt Carver/ CerwinVega stereo system plays a nice mix of music "Apocalypse Now" style. j/k.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Look good and healthy to me. Great job. Thinking the small one is about ready for transplant, see what others say. I;m just on my 2nd grow "Northern Lights Auto" so you're better off with more opinions, which I;m sure will come soon.
    Best of luck.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

They look good. You are good to go. But next grow try bigger pots. People say smaller is ok but everytime i go bigger my yields go up. Thinking of going to 20 plus this time to see. This is in soil. And if anyone wants ti say Im wrong well ok maybe. But will see

Comment

Thanks guys,

I transplanted the smaller one about 30 hours ago with no apparent stress shown. After a slow start, I am very happy with how fast these plants are taking off.

Like bill nye I too am a scientist and decided to experiment with using 5-year-old GH trio and cal-mag which I thought was the reason for them being slow to start but since they doubled in size in the last week I am going to say the
        nutes have a longer shelf life than some may think.

After I figure out how long a certain yield will last me I may just go with a single large plant in a 10/15 gallon pot and focus all my lighting on it rather than splitting it up with 2 plants. If not for anything else just for the ease of operation.

I just have to be careful as Kentucky weed laws are quite tough, having more than 8oz or 5 plants can be a felony or any amount with a legal gun in the house automatically becomes a felony. Our medical bill was knocked down earlier this year, I didn't read it but they may have been greedy in the wording because law enforcement testified that being allowed to grow 12 plants would yield 12 pounds and no single person would need that amount for medicinal reasons.

Sour60 autos.

Comment

So you’re using GH trio. I just recently switched from botanicare to GH. Something I’ve noticed in the GH trio feed recommendations for veg is that both standard and vigorous growth choices seem to be relatively high in nitrogen. I’ve noticed if mixed to the ratio GH recommends on the bottle you may experience nitrogen saturation, which is what I think you may have. If you look closely at the bigger plant you can see typical signs of nitrogen toxicity. Droopy tips/clawing seems to show in your photos.

I’m guessing you upped the nutrients when you were experiencing the growth stunt. In my opinion the girls do look great and healthy but I would reduce your nitrogen levels in your feeding regimen. With the GH trio, FLORA-MICRO has the most nitrogen and due to the fact you’re also using cal mag I would suggest lowering the amount of micro in the mix.

Just my two cents!

Aloha!
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

• hycheese
            hycheese commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the keen eye, I have also been adding a small amount of Floralicious Plus which has an additional 2 in Nitrogen, I will cut that out and watch the tips closely.

7 days
          Sour60 autos.

Comment

Plants were getting too tall and had to remove a shelf to lower them. They were getting too close to the 100watt LED with no more room to raise the lights. The lights are now at 18".

The 6-week plant is 32" tall already and was told it was a short plant, I think D.A.A.S.69 said they grew NL autos and theirs got huge. At least now I have another 3' of height if it comes to that. I wanted to grow my first plants unmolested to see what they look like then on my next trip do a little training.

I've included some close-ups of preflowers? at 40 days is this plant slow? in another thread with slow flowers, some thought it was not an auto. My Nirvana seed pack does say NL Auto but suppose mistakes can happen.

I am on a 20/4 light schedule if these are not autos how much longer would you wait to go to a 12/12 light schedule assuming they are photoperiod plants.
            Sour60 autos.

Comment

They look to be at the start of flower to me. Im not an auto expert though.

Comment

• hycheese
                hycheese commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, I guess being a virgin I was looking for a little reassurance. One thing I notice after reading all the growing problems on this site is a new person can become somewhat of a hypochondriac.

hycheese, I've grown several NLights autos from Nirvana, and they all got huge, one I got just a few grams short of 7ozs, dry bud from. And they were all done by day 90.
              But I trained mine, and they all showed pistils by day 27, the earliest was day 20.
              You need to keep your packages they came in, especially if they have lot numbers on the packages..
              I hate to say it but yours look like photos, to me, instead of autos.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• hycheese
                hycheese commented
                Editing a comment
                Good advice, I just sent them a picture of their seed pkg barcode and some of my plants' pictures to see what they think.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                hycheese, are they showing any pistils yet ? Anyway Nirvana is a great seed bank, and they will take care of you.
                They should have small buds on them by now. I know at least the ones i grew did.They all can make mistakes, I reckon.
                Anyway good luck.
                It's just aggravating to get the wrong seeds, I know it is for me anyway. To much time invested, for the wrong seeds.

i am fromnorth of baton rouge would like to talk with u i am not good onthis site features sending pm i had severe injury to head

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                tree dawg, I know where your from, been thru there many times, matter of fact I was working on a land drilling rig in NewRoads, La. about 25years ago ,and it blew out an burned up 5 Halliburton mud pumping trucks, and every vehicle on location, I got a new 4wheel drive Chevy truck out of the deal.If you been living there a while, you might remember that blow out, it was a bad one, for sure.
                Hate to hear about your head injury, my head stays f-cked up to, most of the time.
                I ain't good with this internet stuff either, but I know how to PM people, you just click on there name, an it takes you to the private message page, we ain't got a computer, but we all got these phones, but I ain't too good on mine,
                Good talking to you tree dog, how close are you to Hammond, I know several people down that way.

I hear you on the head injury. If you ever talk to me in person you will see it. Have a permanent almost slur from it. And yeah you live very near where I was born.

Comment

Now in week 7 or 50 days from seed sprout.
                The reason I got these autos was because of the blurb from their website: "Our tip for this strain: Northern Lights has a super fast flowering time and stays incredibly short in height".

These guys have grown from 32" to 46" in the last week, I know I read about the flowering stretch but am concerned that my lights may be too weak for them to fully develop buds as they seem slow to fill out. Lights are now at 20"

These are the LED's that I have;

Sour60 autos.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used those Leds for my Auto grow and they did pretty good ,I got some great bud , if they get to high just super crop them a little and they will be fine , having autos that get to high is a good problem

Pulling those top branches down and tie them down with out breaking them. My two cents

Comment

• hycheese
                  hycheese commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the suggestion, but being my first grow I ordered fast flowering short auto plants just so I wouldn't have to molest them until I got some knowledge under my belt. (that sounds like a bad analogy).

Anyways I just checked the top stems and they are too stout to bend, I guess I need to decide to super crop soon as I only have a foot of headroom left.

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you squeeze the stems really hard you can bend them over My friend has broken his and they still finished with some great bud

• hycheese
                  hycheese commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oldjarhead100 I believe the term you are looking for is a wobbly bits prophylactic...

Besides the CFL's which I use for side lights I have two 100 watt LED's and seven 6 watt cob reflector LED's, the cobs are quite bright at 6500k - I originally bought 10 of them for kitchen counter lights but were too intense so moved 7 of them to the growing area.

I have been following @Campesino coco guide since day 1 with all numbers in range except I may have been pH'ing my water a full point too low (high 4 to low 5) for a few weeks - the lower leaf makings looked like wind burn and was only a few, I redirected the fan which was aggressive and later found my pH pen was out of calibration.
                Sour60 autos.

Comment

I certainly never thought that after breaking a plant pert near in half that it would laughingly respond by turning straight up - in only 24 hours to boot. Swamp Thing, I think I love you...
                  Sour60 autos.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X