Grow Journal 1st grow Autos by Greenpassion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
    You posted your journal on the sick plants forum... Maybe SiriusFourside or NebulaHaze can move it for you. Not sure if that was intentional. But don't stress out there are plenty of people here to help you on your way. Those that sub to your journal can see when you post. There is a setting that subs to wherever you comment. A lot of these peeps know their ganja. All I do is read read read... There's a lot of helpful info and peeps to get you to harvest... And I always learn something new everytime I log on. 😃 good luck and happy growing.
    How would I move this grow journal to the right place?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Question. Do you guys have your exhaust / filter system running even when your plants are seedlings? I am growing in a room, not a tent, and have plenty of air movement from small fans, and from fans pulling cooler into the room from an air conditioner. Tomorrow I will post pics of my progress, and want to know how close I am to needing to begin Lst, and topping ( or whatever training you guys recommend).
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Here are some pics of my plants and grow room. For five of them this is day 16. They didn't all come up at once. Today I transplanted 4, the remaining four and I was going to do the 5th one but as you can see in the picture that little one is the one that had its head stuck inside of the rapid Rooter plug. It is alive but barely hanging on it seems. It's just so miniature.
        so at the moment I'm only running 2 300 watt LEDs over the 3 gallon grow bags. I have them at 22 inches above the plants. They all seem to be doing well so far.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

For my seedling station, or seed starting station, I have 2 CFLs that are 300 W, the equivalent of 60 watt incandescent. I've read that cheap CFLs are the thing to use when starting seedlings, so I hope these will do. They're huge light bulbs!
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh good! So even though there such giant light bulbs, I should have them super close to the rapid Rooter plugs when I do seeds correct? Like 12 in?

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm just not sure when I should start a new round of seeds. Theses seedlings are now 17 days old, and their harvested within 3 months I've read, and it takes about 10 days for seeds to get to me in the mail, so maybe I should start them around 6 weeks from now...? I am also and something of a dilemma about whether or not I want to do autos on my second grow, or do I want to get photo period plants. I am much more familiar with photoperiod Plants, and I like the way you can get clones off of them the way you cannot growing when growing autos.

Hey Greenpassion I see your journal got moved out of the sick forum...nice. It's great growing photos you don't have to be so delicate as you do with autos. Stress can really hurt your overall yield...and I'm not very graceful with training. Taking clones is a great opportunity to keep things rolling but I get sick of the same strain after awhile. Have to switch it up now and again 😉. As long as you got the space you can start in say 4weeks...with photos you can veg them as long as you need to. Good luck deciding and happy growing. 😃
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Will 6 hours rather of dark throw them off at all?

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            No I veg my photos under 18/6.

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow! That's great! Thank you so much!

Well I hope I did this right. I did the LST on 2 of my taller Autos today. I pulled them over on an angle with the twisties and fasten them through a hole in the side of the cloth pot. So if I understand this right, I will get more colas growing up because the main stem is pulled over. I'll try to get a picture ASAP. I didn't find the answer to this question in the tutorial, and that is how old or tall can the seedlings be before doing the LST. Mine are almost 3 weeks old and about 4 in tall, maybe 5.
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I need to add that these only have the one stem, no side Branches yet. Is this ok to LST them this early ?
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I seem to be having difficulty with the LST. I got the little twisties, and I made a hook but the entire plant leans instead of just the top bending. As I said yesterday it's only one stem. Each plant has just one stem or Cola and when I try to bend it the entire plant leans. Should I stake the part that I want to be straight up so that I will be able to bend the top over? Or do I need to wait until there's actual branches to pull aside. These are already about 3 weeks old now. Does it seem like they are on track?
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Pics would help 😉. I just did some lst today almost in the form of supercropping. I pick the growth tips I want to catch up and create a canopy with. Then I slightly pinch and roll the main stem above that node while bending it down. Tieing it down at the spot I pinched will keep the top down while the other growth tips catch up. You don't have to tie it but it will pop back up in a day or even hours if you don't. This guy explains it well and it's a good visual guide.
              This shows footage from the day after transplanting into first cycle no-till homes all the way into the first week after transplant and the training that has occured.…

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              My phone take such awful photos, so maybe tonight when I get home from work or tomorrow I will pull them out of that room and take photos in natural light, so you can better see them.

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to tie the bottom of the stem to counteract the bending.https://forum.growweedeasy.com/filed...photoid=218846

It's been a couple days since I posted last. But I have taken some pictures. I did the LST on all six of them. 6 out of 10 came up from seed. And I have to admit I've gotten the tags mixed up and I'm not sure which ones are the OG Kush, and which ones are the Northern Lights. I will be more mindful next time around. They all seem to be doing well, and as I mentioned in my last comment up above, I don't think the photos show much. But I've bent them all over using a very long wire that I pushed into the soil and it loops around the main branch, pulling it over. Where the leaves join the main stem, or the cola as it were, I have little tiny growths starting. Hopefully those will turn into colas as well. They didn't all come up on the same exact day but they began coming up 21 days ago. They seem to be growing really quickly. Some of them have broader leaves and I wonder if those are the OG Kush? Oh and by the way,@Californiakid, for some reason I don't have permission to look at a message that you sent me. Very strange it says I am not authorized?? Not sure what that's about!
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Chefbjy. I've been hoping to get some comments on this. The pictures are terrible.

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah lighting isn't so great to see with pics...natural light is nice or after lights out 😉.

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              I am thinking that I want to ( when the timing is right) of starting the 5 free OG kush seeds ( from Nervana), but also starting some photoperiod plants along with them. I'd like some suggestions on what strain? I want indica dominant plants, that are easy to grow, stay short, and give big yields. ??

I haven't gotten much response on the last set of pictures that I took. Today I have something else to report. 1 out of six seems to be clawing. I've read the tutorials and I can't quite figure it out. It's in kind soil like all the rest under 300 watt LED light like all the rest about 20 inch away from the light like all the rest. I don't think it's a nutrient deficiency, and it doesn't look like lightburn. Anyone have any idea what this is?
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

As I just mentioned above, these plants are growing in kind soil. In reading the tutorial is it possible that for some reason this particular plant is up taking too much nitrogen from the kind soil? Should I flush it to lessen the nutrients in the soil? Because it is kind soil that is the only way I could possibly adjust or lower the nutrients in it.
              We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
              8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Greenpassion, Morning, yes KindSoil is notorious about clawing in some plants, some it doesn't bother,
                That's why it's always nice to have a little more of the ffof-ffhf-or coco loco or whatever your using on top of your KindSoil, just because of the nitrogen.
                I've had it happen to me a bunch of times with KindSoil, but it don't bother all plants just some, plus they grow out of it anyway, you want be able to tell it in a week's time. Probably.
                You don't need to flush,you will wash all the good stuff away.

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you D.A.A.S.69, that's good to know! So the next time coming up when I plant more, I will use slightly more Pro mix on the top part? I realized my soil level is actually about two in down from the edge of the cloth pot, so I could have and should have filled it closer to the top I think. Your grow is growing really well I see!

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Greenpassion, thanks man, I wish I would have kept them in the tents under proper light an environment, but I didn't, I got them in a closet with just an Led on them, and they are lucky to get 15-16hours of light a day. Instead of 24hours like normal.
                But your plants are looking nice, they ought to be growing really nice at their age, put don't worry about that claw, they will grow out of it.
                Your doing a nice job, keep up the good work, that KindSoil is gonna take care of everything, although brewing some worm-compost tea, and molasses is always a killer to pour on your soil, to get them going good, it feeds all the good bacteria and microbes in your soil. You are feeding the soil ,not the plant. Read up on the teas, they are easy to make, and works wonders on your plants.
                They also make a product called Recharge, that's what I use now. It's just like making teas, but lots easier.

Daas is right about some liking kindsoil more than others.

Also what is your humidity ? If its too dry your plants may get a little burnt from taking too much water from deeper in the kindsoil.

Lots of the serrated edges of many of the leaves at different levels are curling up, my plants do that when the temps creep up too high. Can also be too wet at the roots.

Hope to have help point you in the right direction .
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                You sure want to make sure the soil is dry before watering, You can easily tell by feeling the bottom of your smartpots, you want to make sure your roots are damp, a little runoff ain't gonna hurt either, just put a saucer under your pot an what little runoff you got will be wicked right back up in the pots in 30minutes time.

• Californiakid
                Californiakid commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats more solid advice from DAAS right there.

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome! Thank you you guys! And I was checking out that recharge a few days ago online. Money is an issue at the moment as my electric bill has nearly doubled, but I will definitely keep that in my wish list. And that's a good idea about putting something underneath them to get air flow. I'm going to pick up some trivets, and that will keep them an inch or so off the surface of the table. So much to learn....

Its not too bad what ever it is, so react carefully. Dont go overboard.

Another thing I do for root health is put my fabric pots on something that allows air circulation underneath. My plants are on plastic milk crates, but anything to create a gap so air can flow.
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's some great information from Californiakid also.
                When you get used to how much your pot weighs, an by looking at the leaves, you will have the watering part down pat. Always pick up your pots even if you know they don't need watering, just to help you get used to the weight, your pot will be lite as a feather, almost, when they need watering.

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree with DAAS 100%. That is exactly how I water.

You guys are awesome. 😊
              We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
              8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Greenpassion, you are doing a great job, just keep pulling the branches out from the middle, and when you tie them down, try to keep a flat canopy.
                If one branch is too tall, just tie it down, so they are all about even height. Have a nice weekend Greenpassion! !!!

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                You too D.A.A.S.69!

Here are some of my girls at 35 days. There is one hopefully the picture will show it, that really doesn't have any branches but it looks like it has pistols all along the central Cola. If my terminology is correct. Also again don't know if the photo show it, but I started LST on them before they had branches, meaning I bent the central Cola over and the whole thing lean so now most of these plants are leaning to one side of the pot. I think next time I will either wait for branches to come, or stake the central stem upright and just bend the very top at the beginning of the LST training.
              We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
              8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Californiakid
                Californiakid commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok by me buddy

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good...the last pic definitely looks like it's starting to flower. Keep it up you're doing great.

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Chef😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X