Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone Feminizing plants or breeding for seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone Feminizing plants or breeding for seeds?

i was wondering if anyone is stressing their plants with silver colloidal to self pollinate or how ever it goes for feminized seeds? and is anyone here breedin. im interested in how it all works and would like to see a journal or video of some of this going on..

There's an article on gwe main site about the process. And I'm sure there's a youtuber out there with a vid on it just have to look.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah i know its youtube i just wanted to see if anyone here is actually doing it, so i could ask them about how easy it is and where and what to get the stuff needed to stress her out..

and i was just curious what breedings are people trying to make happen and if maybe i wanna try it out my self

Comment

Will be breeding some White Russians in a few months. I haven't yet decided to go with a generator of just buying the colloidal silver solution. This will be my first time. It seems a simple straight forward procedure.

Comment

I breed auto's and feminized plants but don't use colloidal silver. I use gibberilic acid which I find easier to work with. 2 grams per litre, twice a day until they have flowered and you have pollinated your females.
      Not unusual to get several thousand seeds from a well grown female.

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        that means you must got a shit load of seeds?

wow really?? is the stuff expensive and do i just check amazon? what are some strains you got breeding???

Comment

I use ProGibb SG plant growth regulator, 40% active gibberellic acid. Always works and simple to use but once made up to spray needs to be kept in the fridge.
        Selective breeding for uniformity and ability to grow welll in high humidity.and Dewey conditions in late flower.
        Starting genetics were thc bomb, white widow charlotte's web and gorilla glue.. Been breeding for 5 generations so no longer resemble the original plants.

Comment

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          you must have a shit load of seeds!! my biggest question is lets say im growing my plant to hgarvest and smoke but i want some fem seeds out of it any way i can spray one cola onlyso that the rest of bud would seed free and good smoke or do i need to sacrafice a whole plant to get fem seeds...

• growmore
          growmore commented
          Editing a comment
          Spraying the plant doesn't make seed but makes the plant produce pollen so you can pollinate unsprayed female flowers. Not really advisable to spray just part of a single plant and pollinate another part.

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          ok i understand now i willmake 2 clones 1 to spray and collect pollen from and 1 to pollinate and take seeds from

I should have mentioned that I breed in winter inside and grow outside in summer. The white widow was an auto and supplied the auto gene's for the other plants which were all photos.

Comment

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          oh wow you bred auto to all your photos to have it bud on its own?

Breeding autos is more complicated than photos as when you cross a auto to a photo, all the seedling will only carry one allele for auto so will only produce photos. You then need to cross those seedling together, resulting in 50% auto and 50% photos

Comment

Auto x auto = all auto
          auto x photo = all photo
          (auto x photo) x(auto x photo) = 50% auto and 50% photo

Comment

interesting!

Comment

I've just finished a plant with silver. . Just drying the pollen etc. Then to wait for the next plant so I can pollinate it for some fem seeds (I hope lol)

I did it under 75w cfl.. not a lot of pollen but didnt wana throw money into it for a first attempt. 6 weeks approx till i can give it a go
              Current grow

4x bubbas gift
              4gal fabric pots..
              coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
              600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                hell yea bro sounds good! id guess for pollen/seeds you could just use cheap lights cause its not like you are trying to get dense big buds to smoke...

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                id like to try bubbas gift ive smoke gods gift but the pics ive seen of them both are great! is that what you are plan on getting seeds off of

When you grow your female, wait 2 or 3 weeks into flowering before you pollenate her and collect seeds from the buds and not the pre flowers. Seeds from per flowers usually have a lot lower germination rate

Comment

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah id wait till its prime time and matur flowers thanks for the tip bro!

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                once i get some decent stuff goin i will for sure get my own seeds its to expensive to buy unless you just need a new strain to try out and if you like it clone it or reveg it and feminized that bitch!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X