No announcement yet.

CaliforniaKid's 3rd auto journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to peek this morning and this is what I found... Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	225339Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	225340
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	226636Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	226637

Looks like a growth spurt 👍

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	226639Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	226640 Good time for topping and/or LST, but not this time. Grow em out cut em & hang em. Rinse repeat.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning mate....as usual, your girls are looking well nice

No more pink light !

Lots of heat to remove ! Need a bigger exhaust fan. But in the meantime, the air conditioner will keep it cool.

This light was donated by a member of our great forum. Not sure if he wants the recognition so I will let him chime in if he cares to.

I am extremely grateful to him! It brought me up a notch or 5 on my grow room. So stoked !

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            PaganRich
            I don't know, maybe this winter. 3 walls are plywood with a foil backing, its roofing sheeting very popular here, good R value. The back wall is sheetrock, the previous occupants couldn't park without hitting the car into the wall, hence the damn holes. Lol Instead of making a lengthy repair, I put a sheet of glass over the 4x3 foot lower portion of the wall. Held with metal ducting tape. I have a good seal in my room, light and air. But I don't want to permanently alter the wall because I rent.

Funny I didnt set out to grow indoors. One thing led to another and I threw this room together one afternoon. Ha

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Californiakid Well you should feel proud of what you`ve achieved from scratch, mate. When you get better digs one day, just imagine what you will achieve. Until then, it`s going well mate. You`ve done really well with your limited situation and you should feel really pleased with what you have managed to achieve. Remember `You`re born alone, you die alone, you suffer alone ` an old Zen saying I believe. They should`ve added `you grow alone`

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks PaganRich, as I've stated before, I respect your opinion.

Is it August yet? I'm ready to soak some more seeds and fill this room up!

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Not having pink light screwing up pics will be nice I bet. Your plants are looking) good! Question. Any suggestions on what photoperiod seeds I should get , and when I should start them? I don't want a gap in my timing.
            I'm planning on growing them ( in veg) in the same room as my current autos are, so I think a strain that stays kinda short, and is indica dominant?

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Greenpassion What top height you looking for mate in your 12/12 grow?

Greenpassion
          I only recently started buying seeds. I have always planted bagseed. So I'm not well versed in strains. But I go by the breeder remarks, just use it as a general guide. What looks good to you?

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Indica wonder woman, or White Widow?

Greenpassion

Both are great strains, known for potency . I'm growing white widow auto now.

Comment

PaganRich , I'm thinking as far as what height I'm looking for in height for photoperiod Plants, I'm thinking that I would want them to be about the size that my Autos will be, so that they can all be more appropriate for my lights. Unfortunately, this is my first grow, and I'm growing autos, and they are only 3 weeks old, so I don't know what height they will be! But I'm guessing 2 feet 3 ft?
            The earth does not belong to us.
            We belong to the earth.

Auto's and photos
            Nothern lights, AK48, OG Kush,
            PurePowerPlant, Critical Aurora
            Pro mix bx over Kindsoil in 3 & 5 & 7 gal 24/7 grow bags
            Mega Crop, molasses, Recharge, Cali-mag
            ( 2)300 watt Roldero & (8) 450 watt Viparspector LED
            (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
            Vornado 4 gallon humidifier (2)
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
            7 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Greenpassion It`s hard with different strains. Also, it depends on how you train them as well. A plant can double or treble post flip but go with the thought that it will increase say a further 100% post flip then you will need good growth to 20" to aim for 40" at harvest. That`s a good rule by thumb and Nebula put out an article that gives height flipping guidance.as well. I`m assuming you`re not flipping the photo`s whilst the auto`s are there still are you? Good chat this mate

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I don't currently have any photoperiod Plants yet. Sort of on another note, I guess I didn't tell LSt the ones that I do have up there very well. The leaves that are bigger are completely shadowing any little new parts that would grow up into their own colors. I tried to bend them over as much as I could but now the stalks are getting thick and it's more difficult. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. If I took those larger leaves that are shadowing these possible colas, I don't think that would be a good idea right?

They seem to be enjoying their new light source. I've always run autos 24/0. But that was with a little led, I need a better timer for this ballast. My apollo 9, is rated for 15 amps but the manufacturer says not to operate ballasts with it. Something about when the light turns on the initial load spike exceeds what this timer can safely handle.

Comment

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Should I be running my lights 24-0? I have 2 pots under a 300w and 4 pots under another 300 watts LED. I have them on 18 6. Is that not enough?

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Greenpassion
              Growing is akin to philosophy, its studying and adjusting what you have learned into your own personalized approach.

Now having said that, some say 24, some say 20, some say 18/6. All are correct for the individual claiming that is what works best for them. My old led light used very little electricity so I left in on all the time for multiple reasons. I couldn't really saturate my plants with light. My new light is seriously much larger 600w, so the plants could likely use a few hours to rest. I could use the break on my electric bill. And I'm learning my new system, so to say.
              Now you are growing autos, they are bred to grow and mature fast with long days. So 20/4 & 24/0 will still produce flowers even 18/6. So you know you many aspects of your grow to consider, I will cut mine to 20/4 when I get a timer. It will be off during mid day to alleviate some heat. Now photos, thats a different scenario.

Long answer, I hope it helped.

I've cut a few leaves here and ther over the past week to expose buds to unobstructed light.

I may get some wire ready to hold some arms out, to keep things open.
            Really trying to focus on getting this setup tuned in. Only a couple of weeks until the challenge then a little seedling time, then I better have it dialed in. Which reminds me...

Comment

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Californiakid, can I take the leaves that are shading where new colas could grow? They are not buds yet. They're just beginning to be branches in between where the stem and the leaf is. Can I take the big leaves that are shading that off? I have read the tutorial but I haven't been able to find where someone takes the big leaves off before they're beginning to Bud or even grow new colas. I appreciate this help guys

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Greenpassion
              Do you see how these plants look like they've been trained a little? That's from a leaf shading the branch, so the branch stretched itself to the light.
              Then I cut a leaf exposing it to more light. So I watch each plant and train/or not train accordingly (to my style). So manipulate these like you would any of the plants you are accustomed to. 👍

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Californiakid, tomorrow I will take those larger leaves off so they will be out of the way. I'll pull them out of the room and take photos in natural light so you can see what I've got going on better.

Chefbjy
            This kush is begging to be tied up, but I don't have the time. See my wife told me to go collect eggs . Lol

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Just teasing here lads. She`s a sweet natured lass

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I meant the comment sincerely. Don't listen to PaganRich; he knows not of what he speaks...

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol but growing up that did mean i was about to get smacked. Lmao

Such a dufus...I went looking for my previous grow journals, and couldn't find them. Well thats because I didn't go through the procedure to have them saved. 😭
            Live and learn. I have the pictures just not my notes.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn`t know that

PaganRich You have to go to the page that has the completed journals. There you add some info and a link to your journal. Then it gets saved.

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I'm still working on my first journal starting on my second grow. It's in the completed section but Nebula recommended I keep the story going 😉. I had a bag seef triathlon going on 😆.

I'm about to harvest my last bag seed and I'll complete it with a write up about it all fairly soon. Check her out she's fading fast and will be hanging in a few days. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...g-seeds/page12

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	230431Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	230432 This is royal kush before and after a pinch and roll. It was leaning that way so I helped get there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X