Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Micro Grow Box and Fabric Pot

Hey everyone!
    I've come to peace with the fact that the way I grow requires next to no space. My first grow was in one of those prefab grow boxes and it went awful. Way too hot with temps in the high 90s and it advertised that the carbon filter sheets behind the weak PC fans would hide the smell which was a total lie. So I took it upon myself to build a smaller and more efficient box along with a custom hand stitched fabric pot that is 4.5gal standing at only 4.5in tall. The dimensions of the box at 30"h x 24"w x 18"d. This was big enough for me to fit a full sized 4"x10" carbon filter along with a 4" 190cfm inline fan. I will be using almost 300watts worth of CFLs 7 40w-42w total. I am also building a custom SCRoG to fit into my pot that will stabilize the fabric and keep the plant low. As you see from the pictures the intake will also act as the breeze across the top of the canopy so hopefully I will not need to add any extra fans. This is what I've done so far let me know what you guys think!
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Hey Agentbuckwold3

The carbon filter sits inside at the top and is exhaust, right?
    I don't understand the comment about the intake at the top creating a breeze... Where is the intake? Is it the slot?

I guess you know how to keep plants small. I am interested to watch!

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
      Agentbuckwold3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and yes the intake is that slot on the side. That will be covered with blackout fabric to keep debris out and stop light leaks. Thanks! You and me both

Finished the SCRoG this morning
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a fun project. I'll have to sub to see how it goes. My buddy is looking at doing a microgrow box and this looks better then what he drew up.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Bucky, it all looks wonderful, and I can't wait to watch your grow!!! I'm subbed!

• Agentbuckwold3
      Agentbuckwold3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ATU!

Chefbjy it really is fun. By all means show it off. I'm designing for people in tight spaces like dorm rooms and studio apartments
    Current grow:

Comment

I present the finished product. After 10mins of running the temp didn't even hit 78f. Still gotta add the blackout fabric to the intake to stop light leaks and debris but I'm very happy with how it turned out
      Current grow:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agentbuckwold3, man that looks perfect, I would love to have one of those.
        Great post, and great job.

• Agentbuckwold3
        Agentbuckwold3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks D.A.A.S.69 !!

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        if you get your hands on some old small fridges like ones for a dorm or bed room i bet you can make it into something like this! and thatd be a good disguise too!

Here are some more pics of the setup. One is the White Train Auto from Mephisto Genetics 4 days from sprout. The other is the layout of the full 900w CFL setup. The 4 150w bulbs will be hung horizontal with hanging wire. Right now the little seedling is handling 212watts 4inches away like a champ with no signs of stress. I have high hopes for a big yield.
      Current grow:

Comment

One week from sprout she is handling these lights like a champ!
        Current grow:

Comment

Dude that turned out awesome. It really looks like an old cabinet or piece of furniture.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
            Agentbuckwold3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I was going for stealth

I fell off of this post because the White Train Auto did not have the growth rate I needed to top and train it being an auto so I gifted it to a friend and started a THC Bomb fem which is a strain I know responds well to my style of training. Here it is a week from seed. I also added a dual 120mm intake fan to the box to help with heat.
          Current grow:

Comment

Week 2 was rough for both the plant and myself. My best friend was in terrible car accident Tuesday and airlifted to a hospital 2 hours away so I spent the whole night in the waiting room and missed a watering so she dried out and I thought she was done for. But just like my boy, she hung in there and is showing healthy green growth daily. She will be ready for topping in a couple days. My friend is still in the ICU and has a long road ahead but he's still very lucky to be here.
            Current grow:

Comment

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Hoping your friend makes a full recovery

• Agentbuckwold3
              Agentbuckwold3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks peeps 🙏

Topped at the 3rd this morning 17 days from sprout
            Current grow:

Comment

She's 3 weeks from seed. Responding slowly to the topping but that's to be expected with the rough life this poor girl has had. She's showing new healthy growth daily so I'm not sweating it. I was so close to pulling her up but I'm so happy I didn't
              Current grow:

Comment

Finally able to start taking shape. I'm a few days behind where I had planned on being but I have time to let her grow and make up for it.
                Current grow:

Comment

4 weeks from sprout. Lost about a week of growth to heat stress but she's growing fast again and I have time to make up for it. I'm excited about this box again I was worried there for a while. She'll have another round of topping in a week if she's ready
                  Current grow:

Comment

Did a little defoliation on this girl. The red dots are what I will be topping next. It's all starting to come together as planned
                    Current grow:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X