No announcement yet.

Hydroponic Growers Group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a 2 gallon Abbaponic bucket with 250 watts. shes in her 4th week of flower now 3rd when the pics were taken. The larger tent will be here friday.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous colas! I sure hope they stopped stretchin for ya!!! ;-}

Fastbuds Green Crack Auto flower, manifolded after 3rd node, Grown under a 600 watt viparspec led light using RO water and GH flora trio with calimag and hydroguard.
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Baphomatt
      Baphomatt commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Very nice!

I've thought about that strain in the near future. I'd be very interested in hearing about the effects of those flowers after curing!

• Drekthar
      Drekthar commented
      Editing a comment
      155 grams dried. not too bad

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicely done 😁

Still coming along nice! She's such a beautiful big plant!! Had a little ph problem week 3ish.. dropped down to 5.0 an got a calcium deff. With lower leaves dropping an twisted a bit, an yellow tiny spots.. i fixed her up right away.. but all them tiny spots an leaves that were affected will remain but all newer growth an non affected leaves look beautiful! Advanced nutrients are very good.. just with my mixes guess it throws ph off.. i wasn't really checking it until the ph drop.. now i test more i see the drop in ph after the a few days are so.. anyways looking beautiful still! Will start the overdrive an stop the big bud next water change... peace out for now✌

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the exact same place: this is the last week of some nutes, and they start Overdrive next week for a couple of weeks!! ;-}

Hey hydro team! It's been a while!!!

So one of my systems have been acting funny and I need some fellow hydro knowledge to see if we can figure this out. I run indoor, sealed room, full hydro, flood and drain, pure hydroton media, GH nutrients. The leaves are fading and new growth is coming out extra light green as well as some discoloration or bleaching is occurring. I'm well versed at my craft and have already added more of my micro nutrients like zinc, iron, magnesium, and calcium. That was 3 days ago and there has been improvement with leaf coloration and plant fullness but the problem has yet to completely resolve itself. Here is a before and after of the whole system sho you can see the slight improvement, but the problem is still present. After that there's current photos of the problem. My ph is 6.0 and my ppm is 950 using gh expert feed chart. Thanks folks!
    Perpetual harvest
    Sealed Room
    Full hydro
    Ebb and Flow
    Hydroton Media
    600w HPS
    GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      RO or tap, I found my tap was giving me a large spread in minerals, switched to RO and the issue was resolved. I think I was over compensating with the increase the change in water.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      IC, I'm taking a stab in the dark: They haven't stretched enough to be getting burned by the lights, have they?

See "light burn" on this page:https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-can...low#light-burn

What up IC... I missed this thread! I totally got sucked into the Instagram black hole the past few months...

I'm still a newbie but I've noticed that I get some yellowing if I don't let my pH range. Are you consistently on the + side of 6? If so, may want to drop it to 5.7/5.8 for a day or two to see if that helps at all 🤷‍♂️🤞🤓👍
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Put me down for Hydro :-), once you go wet, you never go dry.
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

So on the opposite end, i don’t think I’m going hydro for a while. My soil needed so much less effort, energy and thought. And, the yield was superb with liter bottle sized colas. It was close, but for the work I’d put in, I’m out.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, if it's working, it ain't broken!!!!

Hey guys,

have had an interesting idea about a reason why pH might drop by a large amount overnight when having switched to flowering.

some background:
        before in Veg, I had my lights on 24/0 - stable pH ranging between 5.8 - 6.2.

now that i switched to 12/12 i've noticed that at water change pH is 6.2, and overnight it can drop to 5.2, i've even seen 4.8 after almost 20 hrs.

i have my airpump for the waterstones inside the tent.

while lights are out, plants are known to release CO2 and consume O2.

can it be that overnight, while the plants are releasing CO2, they are basically acidifying themselves through the creation of carbonic acid, the extra CO2 in the tent bubbled into the water?

Carbonic Acid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonic_acid

you'd think that the simple solution would be: let the airpump draw air from outside the tent.

any thoughts on this?
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• Zee
          Zee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi
          Sort of newbie. 4th grow indoors using hydro and Scrog, although I'm not sure if I've got the scrogging down yet or doing it correctly. Anyway around day 5 or 6 after water change the pH drops down as low as 4.8 also. My air pump is in the tent. I never really worried about it, I just adjusted the pH on those days. Using AN Bloom A&B, Cal Mag, Hydoguard, Mammoth. Because of space constraints and trying to conserve water and nutrient cost, I am using a variation (no timer on the pump) of Stratlogic's Hydro Bucket grow I found on the 420 website.

Currently having the same problem, have two identical chambers side by side, both flowering but one side two weeks behind the other. the oldest (mothers that i'm flowering) have a heck of a time controlling ph, the other side has just started doing it (Last Clones). will move the intake hose outside the chamber and see it makes a diff.

Belay that, I forgot I had switched to diff pumps, will setup a test this weekend.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Right so, I've had one 24 hr period where I have my airpump breathing from outside the tent.
          pH = 5.5 when I came home.

Seems much better than 4 dot numbers...

Will manage pH from now until water change again this weekend... where i'll let it settle for around 6.1 at fresh water change.
          i'll keep monitoring it though...

additional observations/thoughts/idea's welcome in the comments!
          GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
          2x CDMH 315W lights
          870m3/hr fan
          8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Anyone have any advice on how to fatten buds.

Comment

Growing some pink kush in my dwc. This baby has been topped and going through lst. So resilient and already dank in veg. 400w mh
            1. DWC- 5 gal buckets
            5×2×5
            400w MH/HPS
            6in inline fan and 6in exhaust fan
            Inside: golden goat, pink kush and an unknown

2. DWC-5gal buckets
            2×2×5
            will be used for auto flower and vegging

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Lovely!! Lots of bud sites coming out!!

My 1st grow. Alot of trial and error thus far 😅
            1. DWC- 5 gal buckets
            5×2×5
            400w MH/HPS
            6in inline fan and 6in exhaust fan
            Inside: golden goat, pink kush and an unknown

2. DWC-5gal buckets
            2×2×5
            will be used for auto flower and vegging

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember my first grow in flower in October 2016. Hurricane Matthew hit and knocked out power for a week; I was freaking out!! I had to open the curtain in the grow room to let some light in and drain most of the water out of my reservoir, meanwhile my block was crawling with cleanup crews who were cutting up the 6 or 7 pine trees that blew down (they said we must have had a mini-tornado just on my block).

BUT the two plants I had made it to harvest without damage!! It was an exciting ride that I hope never to take again!! ;-}

How about making this a sub forum for easier navigation.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I know, but those aren't where all the discussion takes place. I don't think Nebula and Sirius want to break the forum up into various and sundry sub-topics. It takes a lot more work. I just subscribe to the posts I'm interested in.

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              I enjoy the discussion between dirt farmers and hydro, I learn a lot. Being a former dirt farmer myself, I also learn about the new techniques grow in a media.

• Formernuke
              Formernuke commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand the extra work and appreciate that fact. For practical purposes though. This post has 279 replies plus comments. That is a lot to go through to find information. Creating a sub let's us split it up making it easier to find answers and ask questions.

I agree with being able to find useful information from coco and soil as well but some things are hydro specific.

Everyone, I haven't posted for a while now but I've been doing some experimenting to try to increase my yields. Latest new light HLG550 Quantum Board. Hydroponic 5 gallon DWC with a 2' x 2' screen with 3" holes. This is 4 of my Monster GSC fem grown from seed.approx 4 weeks into flower. My first attempt at scrog on a 5 gallon bucket.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
              Editing a comment
              Is he screen, secured to the top of the netpot?

How big a deal, is res change? I thought about scrog and DWC, but couldn't figure out how I was going to do res changes, top ups, etc

• Cloud
              Cloud commented
              Editing a comment
              I did a scrog on my last dwc grow and it worked out perfect. Plant is tall enough i can get a hose in tote and drain water. One great thing about a scrog in dwc is it provides good support for the branches and i didn't have to worry about buds falling over.

• LurkingInTheGrass
              Editing a comment
              Scrog for a tote, i understand, but Drekthar is in 5gallon pails

Drekthar? Would you post a horizontal pic, at bucket level?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X