No announcement yet.

Hydroponic Growers Group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just like to share my monster gorilla glue #1 that I've been growing... i honestly believe this is the biggest plant I've grown myself in doors!! I have her in a 5x5 tent and she takes up a good 3x3 area of it! Running 1000watt hps light ( eye hortilux super hps) witch honestly i believe has been out performing any other bulb I've tried! The hype is real!!!!! Lol i also switched my flowering fed from general hydroponics maxibloom Lucas formula, to advanced nutes ph perfect base, with bud blood powder, big bud powder, overdrive, hydrogaurd, photosynthesis plus, oh yeah, and general hydro cal magic.. i will run additives back to back, not all at once lol... also just using homemade dwc buckets! Works great and all the plants seem to love it

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      She's really lovely!!

well, i said i would update.

the room is still a mess from setting up the last 2 grow spaces. ugh. gotta clean that up today, parts for the new rdwc been coming all week and i already have everything for the manifolds.
    had a couple issues in the tent this week. had a small leak in one of the round head buckets. no more round buckets after this.
    also lost 25% of the purple kush canopy. 10 days into 12-12 and found out 1 of 4 was a boy. im over it already. and im confident i will still get a dry pound from that 4x4 space. grower woes hahaha!
    a few shameful pics, but hey, this is a starting point.

Comment

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally. Round buckets are scary. You using bulkheads uniseals? I like the square EZStor containers and want to try those on the next rdwc. They are a little priceytho... i went with the container store 10 gal totes for about 5 bucks a pop...🤓👍

Well im subbed in . Getting ready to start another grow next week .
    Been a member here for a few years but opened a new account because couldn't get password reset . So old name MedMan and new name is MedMan1 .
    So very good thread i am going through to get caugjt up on everything i missed out on the last year . Glad to be back

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back MedMan1!!!! Get your grow on, man!!!!!

• MedMan
      MedMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks atu glad i made it back .
      Great being here lots of good people here

Update on sister glue GG#1 .. still growing an strong, hundreds of buds sites! She's massize and beautiful

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!!! She looks huge compared to the pot she's in.

Beautiful plant! 👍🏽

Comment

I agree with stoner it is a really nice looking plant . Is that the 1st strain of Gorrila glue seeds ? Thats what i have to start soon . The older seeds before they crossed them are mostly an indica. Now the newer strains are getting higher in sativa . Im an indica guy sativas push me to close to paranoia
      Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Great group. I’ve been at it since day one of legalization here in Cali. I prefer photoperiod strains. Gives me more time to get to know my plants.

Now that I’ve been at this for a while I’m going to try to really get it down. For background, I’m in a 4’x 4’ x 80” tent using 600w MH/HPS with 2, 300w Roledro COB LEDs to augment the HPS during flower. I have a brand new Sun Systems sealed/ventilated hood that I am running my iPower 4” 190 cfm fan through and dumping the exhaust out a window and I still have trouble with heat. I struggle to keep the temperature between 80 to 85. I know that is high but I have to draw the line somewhere since electricity is my major expense. I’m growing in a DWC set up using RO and I do one plant at a time so that one plant gets all of my attention. I use GH Flora Trio nutrients with CaliMagic and HydroGuard. During past grows I’ve pretty much followed the feed chart found here on GWE and closey monitored PH with total disregard for ppm and always topped off with plain water. With nutrients at this relatively low level I experienced tip browning that was attributed here to nutrient burn which I am finding difficult to believe since my ppm’s we’re well under 500.

Recently I purchased a Blue Labs combometer so now I have access to a quality ppm meter. My current grow is a little Jack Herer girl that is entering week 13. So the stretch is over. All of this being said, during an earlier nutrient change, with everything in and ph set at 6.0, my ppm were 470 which is pretty low from what I’ve been able to gather these last couple of weeks. During last week’s change I kicked it up to 640 ppm. Today we’re up to 1000 ppm. So far so good. She’s thriving. Can’t wait to see how the colas fatten up.

Gotta love hydro.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          She's loving what you're doing!!

• farmerjim
          farmerjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Does the combometer log data? I have the guardian and it does. I'm a datageek and am basically teying to pull together a bunch of growers data so everyone can compare the details of their grows to others. Just me and 1 other person right now lol 🤘🤓👍🌱🍀🌳📉📈

Love it bp.. heres my 298g autoflower in diyrdwc/Lowes buckets...🤘🤓👍🌱🍀🌳🌳🌳

Instagram: @farmerjim420
        What is VPD?
        diygrowdata.com

Completed:
        #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
        Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
        In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
        In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
        • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
        • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
        • #diyrdwc
        • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          What a beauty!!! The pic of the bowl being weight is awesome. Man, that's some pretty bud.

• farmerjim
          farmerjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Im pumped 🤪👍

Hey farmerjim, my Blue Lab Combometer does not log data. However, I’m really getting into the weeds....pun intended, on my grows. I’m keeping meticulous notes so I can look back to see what works and what doesn’t. I’ve just gotten into measuring and monitoring ppm. During past grows I blindly followed the feed chart for hydro found here on GWE. The results have been very satisfactory. But I think I can do better utilizing ppm. As I started out on my current grow, during the veg period I was still using the feed chart. However, I’m now into week 13 and using ppm to better feed my plant. Over the last 3 weeks I have gone from about 450 ppm to 1000. So far my Jack Herer is responding nicely. I do my checks everyday when the lights come on and adjust ppm and ph at that time.

48 x 48 x 80 tent
        DWC
        600w MH/HPS with LED to augment during flower
        I do photoperiod strains ( gives me more time to dial it in )
        One plant at a time
        This is my 7th grow

Comment

• farmerjim
          farmerjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me know of you want any help digitizing your data collection. I'm trying to get a web based tool together where growers can use analytics for theirgrows also see other growers data for comparison purposes. I'm building out my bluelab data visualizations today. Checkout my sensorpush (ambient temp,rH) charts if you want @ www.diygrowdata.com 🤘🤓👍📉📈📊🌱🍀🌳

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          farmerjim that would be amazing! Make sure it can can scaled to track a couple thousand plants and you could probably sell it

Still coming along nice! Such a beaut for only 5 gal bucket... an i only run 3 gals of water tops at a time! An got to be atleast 3 an half ft by 3 ft. Foot print.. but im very pleased so far of my first GG#1 grow! Plus her bud sites are everywhere as already very nice size for age!

Comment

This is New York City Diesel Auto growing out of hydroclay in week 5 and I'm getting some drooping thats been like that for 3 or 4 days now. PH is at 6.48. Any advice would be great. This is only my 2nd grow ever and my 1st auto grow.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
            Trichomefarmer88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't know much about autos.. but hydro I'm learning still an been doing great, but to start your ph sounds way high.. i like mixing mines up at 5.8 5.9ph and let it work it's way up to 6.0 6.1 ph at the most! Also is your air supply still running good an everything's all hooked up right with no cracks or holes in lines an connectors.. could also be other things but ph and temps are important and will throw things way off!!

Hey folks!

So... I'm not new to growing, but this is my first ever hydroponic grow. I'm sure there's a learning curve.

I checked my my lady and noticed this green discoloration on some of the Hydrotron near the rooter plug and on the top of the plug itself. The plant seems healthy. The root is making its way out of the net pot and looks healthy/white. There's no odor. Should I be concerned?

Additional info: Top fed DWC. Ten days old, top feed still running. I'm using Hydrguard.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Baphomatt It's green algae and it’s a fairly common occurrence on rooter plugs. Just bury the plug with some more hydroton and it’ll die off peacefully. The algae propagates easily in moist environments exposed to light. It could grow to be a larger problem if not addressed now, but at this point I wouldn’t take any evasive actions that might set back your lil pup!!!
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	253016

Baphomatt I use these things over the hydroton, and I use root riots rathr than rockwool. BayHydro on Ebay carries a variety of sizes and the price is the best I've seen. I don't like the rigid, thick plastic onces, but these are totally flexible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40pc-Square...ss!29115!US!-1
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thank you all so much!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X